• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #901 news (FFXII gets 40/40 and "shakes the pleasant")

Jonnyram said:
Miyazato golf game - PS3 - Spring :lol
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

darth_vader.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Persona: Revolations or whatever had to be one of the worst games I ever tried.

I'm so glad I rented it and didn't buy it.

Bebpo

Banned
Fuck you no Atlus. There is NO way I'm gonna find time to play Persona 1/2 before July :( I still gotta play VP before June 22nd.

MrDaravon

Bebpo said:
Fuck you no Atlus. There is NO way I'm gonna find time to play Persona 1/2 before July :( I still gotta play VP before June 22nd.

You haven't played Persona 1/2/VP???????????????????????

Bebpo

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Time to take away Bebpo's RPG card.

I wasn't the rpg master last gen, sorry :(

I've been playing rpgs since NES, but I wasn't fluent in Japanese and playing everything under the sun until this gen rolled around :( To be honest I tried Persona 1/2 and VP back in the day but they were too slow and there were quicker paced more mainstream games out at the time so I never got around to them.

I own them all! I just haven't had time to go back and play them.

MrDaravon

RPG Overlord my ASS.

Seriously though, he has to have played them, he's just going to replay them....right?

Edit: Nooooooooooooooooooo dreams shattered! :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I've tried playing pre-SMT3 R&D1 a bunch of times with Persona, Devil Summoner original, SMT1, and SMT...if.

Honestly, I just can't do it. The old battle systems suck so much compared to the press turn system and the 1st person dungeons...I've never been a 1st person dungeon guy :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sony are just going to come out and say sorry we meant spring next year :lol

MrDaravon

Bebpo said:
I've tried playing pre-SMT3 R&D1 a bunch of times with Persona, Devil Summoner original, SMT1, and SMT...if.

Honestly, I just can't do it. The old battle systems suck so much compared to the press turn system and the 1st person dungeons...I've never been a 1st person dungeon guy :(

Playing the old ones is rough. Persona 1 is definetely iffy IMO, but Persona 2 does a much better job presentation wise, etc.

Bebpo

Banned
VOOK said:
Sony are just going to come out and say sorry we meant spring next year :lol

Yeah, the month the rpgs stop coming out (which currently looks like July as the final ones have all been announced for early July), is gonna be around the time PS3 launches. If you start seeing PS2 rpg announcements for October...PS3 is gone.

Reilly

SailorDaravon said:
Playing the old ones is rough. Persona 1 is definetely iffy IMO, but Persona 2 does a much better job presentation wise, etc.

I just started playing 2. It's alright, I think I would have liked it had I played it when it came out. Looks a lot like BOF3 which I like. Haven't decided if I'll finish it though. :/

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
Yeah, the month the rpgs stop coming out (which currently looks like July as the final ones have all been announced for early July), is gonna be around the time PS3 launches. If you start seeing PS2 rpg announcements for October...PS3 is gone.
"Get ready for a surprise!!!"

Bebpo said:

There will still be announcements then. Some publishers jumped off the PSone when the PS2 came out and missed out on that fanbase, they aren't going to do the same with the PS2.

Scott

Can I request a tag? Something like "the REAL mother effin' RPG OVERLORD" would do just nicely.

Thanks!

I kid; I kid, 'cause I love. ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If Baofu and Katsuya were to return, I would have to have sex with every member of R&D1 in gratitude.

Of course, it will probably be littered with misfit high school kids. Fine by me. :)

In other news, A FUCKING PERFECT SCORE FOR FFXII?! OMFG, GIVE ME THIS GAME, SOMEONE!!

Troidal

Is anyone translating the FFXII famitsu scores?

Some bits that are concerning....
*It is harder to level up.
*You cant button mash to beat enemies.
*Enemies dont leave money.

:/ :/

Bebpo

Banned
Troidal said:

Wait...why is any of that bad?

Troidal said:

?

Enemies dropped money in FF2 as well.

AniHawk

Red Scarlet said:
Hmm, I don't think I've ever liked a game that Famitsu has given a perfect score to..at least the ones I know of. :/

Whoa, not even OoT?

NOT EVEN OOOOOOOOOOOOOT?

Amir0x

Banned
Troidal said:

This isn't ":/" this is :) :) :) :) :) :D :D

Also, enemies leave items that you can sell for gil. FFXII is awesome. Awesome is FFXII. Accept the best FF game ever.

Troidal

Bebpo said:
Wait...why is any of that bad?

Well it better not be this assinine method of powering up your characters....harder level-ups and no money could mean there's probably some strange ass game system involved.

Money was an item drop in FF2, and no monsters dropped money in FF8. Surely if there are items that their prime use is to sell for money should make it alright.

Mrbob

Wow.

I didn't even know FF12 was due out in Japan this month. Hopefully we get a speedy translation for NA.

Top Bottom