• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #914

neo2046

Donkey Kong Jet Race
Super Paper Mario
Starfox Command
Mario Basket 3 on 3

Swing Golf Pangya (Wii) / Tamagotchi 2 DS

7Th

Swing Golf Pangya looks promising, but a lot of it's value was diminished when they removed online.

NotWii

Banned
Super Paper Mario looks fricking fantastic!

What the hell happened to StarFox Command?
Ugly art... Not on rails... At least Slippy has a girlfriend... does that mean she's a lesbian?

Super Paper Mario just looks unstoppable. I hope it doesn't end up with some kind of gimped gameplay since it looks waaaayyy too good.

no hard gay on pangya = no buy

also, the artwork for Mario Basketball is great, why does nintendo insists on using the cg renders?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ethelred said:
Talk about the GameCube going out with a bang.

super paper mario does look awesome...but let's not get crazy. it's been a year and a half since re4, and there's been little reason to hook up a gamecube since. gamecube has gone out with the most pitiful of whimpers.

Famitsu Most Wanted:

30 titles, 18 are RPG... this chart really means nothing

Super Paper Mario is... AWESOME !!!!

S-E is making the best 3d games on DS (FF3, Mario3x3, DQMJ)

ethelred

Thanks for the new scans now, Neo!

Persona 3 looks great.

I *really* love the look of Metal Saga DS. Visually and stylistically... this reminds me so much of SNES-era Final Fantasy games. Please pick this up, Atlus.

drohne said:
super paper mario does look awesome...but let's not get crazy. it's been a year and a half since re4, and there's been little reason to hook up a gamecube since. gamecube has gone out with the most pitiful of whimpers.

I said it's going out with one. I didn't say "The GameCube's last year and a half has been that of a successful and flourishing console."

Cheebs

drohne said:
Reason's to play GCN since RE4?
gyb_us.jpg

gfe_us.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that bongo crap can die, but my failure to play gc fire emblem is probably the low point of my career as a graphics whore. fire emblem rocks, but...so ugly!

a promising game after years of silence probably does sound like a bang. but this is all terribly off topic.

Emotions

Super Paper Mario looks gorgeous and the rest look quite good, hell with the DS lite i'll even like Tamagotchi. :lol
If Pangya and Metal Saga DS make it over here,i'll get them both. Please Atlus bring Metal Saga DS and Tecmo bring Pangya.
Daisy comfirmed in Mario Basketball!!!!

Teasel

probably i'm the only not japanese guy who would like to play metal saga ds
also that cyborg with gatling hand look cool... does that mean she get to summon multiple persona?

robo_robo

Metal Saga DS looks interesting, are there any reviews out?

SPM looks gorgeous as usual but Pangya looks surprisingly better then I was expecting.

ethelred

DarknessTear said:
Well since Metal Saga for the PS2 sucked hard I can't say I'd trust the DS game either.

Says someone with a Wild ARMs avatar!

Metal Saga didn't suck, though it's definitely not a for-everyone RPG. I really want the DS one, too, because I think it looks excellent and because I can never have enough sprite-based RPGs.

Jiggy

-Super Paper Mario looks fun. I like the shot with the rock with the arrow on it.

-Daisy's character art for Mario Basketball is fantastic. I may or may not get Mario Basketball, but had to at least say that. Also, she needs to be put in Smash Bros. Brawl in her soccer/basketball shorts, as her own character with a unique moveset as opposed to a palette swap of Peach.

-I hate golf games, but Swing Golf Pangya has a wide variety of cute female characters and unlockable outfits--AKA my two favorite features that any game can possibly have--and I fear that'll convince me to buy it when it hits $20. ;_; Although, why is one of the girls dressed like Kasumi from DOA? Is this a Team Ninja game or something?

Emotions

Jiggy37 said:
-I hate golf games, but Swing Golf Pangya has a wide variety of cute female characters and unlockable outfits--AKA my two favorite features that any game can possibly have--and I fear that'll convince me to buy it when it hits $20. ;_; Although, why is one of the girls dressed like Kasumi from DOA? Is this a Team Ninja game or something?

It's a Tecmo game, that's why.

neo2046

Sad_Panda said:
Okay, Super Paper Mario looks awesome...but, no love for Mario Hoops ? :( S-E + Nintendo DS = graphical voodoo magic.
the game is good
but it disappoints me that lacking WFC support and only 2 play available in the VS mode ( 4 play in mini game mode)

Yann said:
Metal Saga DS looks interesting, are there any reviews out?

SPM looks gorgeous as usual but Pangya looks surprisingly better then I was expecting.

here, overall the game is OK
but 4 reviwers also comlpain about the game that has to use touch pen to control is not convenience

Sad_Panda

neo2046 said:
the game is good
but it disappoints me that lacking WFC support and only 2 play available in the VS mode ( 4 play in mini game mode)

No WFC support ? Then, why is "Wi-Fi" written under the game's logo on the scan ?

ethelred said:
Says someone with a Wild ARMs avatar!

Metal Saga didn't suck, though it's definitely not a for-everyone RPG. I really want the DS one, too, because I think it looks excellent and because I can never have enough sprite-based RPGs.

I'd hate to turn this into a Wild Arms vs Metal Saga debate but at least Wild Arms is balanced and has a lot better features than anything Metal Saga has to offer. Metal Saga is just horrible in nearly every aspect except music which is pretty decent.

Beowvlf

Banned
Interesting Top 30 chart. I'm amazed that XIII is just a hair from the top already, with almost as many votes as III on the DS despite being over a year away, and little info being released. Zelda higher on the GC than the Wii by more than 100 votes is kinda strange though, I would've expected it the other way around. What's the other Wii game BTW? SSBB or SMG? Blue Dragon is getting pretty damn high too, not that the list usually translates into sales much, but nevertheless it's a start.

It eases my faith a little amongst Japanese gamers and next gen to see 4 PS3 titles already, especially since most of the Japanese titles haven't been shown all that much. I think they'll be even more after TGS. Great to see a PSP title on the charts finally too, though not that it really matters; it's FF, and we all know it'd chart even if it were on the N-Gage. ;_;

Top Bottom