• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #916 (mainly X360)

Magicpaint said:
Maybe Trusty Bell will sell some 360s afterall.

Maybe +1 here. Dunno. Bullet Witch is also looking much better... but it's Cavia.

demi said:
Namco/MGS would be stupid to not bring this over.

That's why I think it'll come. I've been wrong before though.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Hopefully we'll know by TGS.

It'd definitely be a mistake not to bring it over here though :D Judging from the amount of promotion so far, it must be along in development thought, right?

u_neek

Any other scans from ths week's mag?

Summer Vacation PS3?

That other new X360 game that isn't Kengo Zero?

Others?

icecream

Public Health Threat
demi said:
What is the concept? Do we know how the game plays?
Wait we have to be worried about gameplay now? I thought all RPG type games are judged by their polygon count and use of detail and pretty environments (with a dash of storyline)... :)

demi

Uhh, was that a joke post? Of course I'd like to know how the game plays, and story would be nice too.

I hope MS/Namco release Trusty Bell over here in Europe too.

And Bullet Witch is looking better than before. Could be an interesting title if released at budget price over here.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Amir0x said:
Sadly, the chances remain at zero percent. Wait until Blue Dragon.
Bah, not even both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey getting 40/40 in Famitsu will save 360 in Japan. That system is as good as dead there.

Amir0x

Banned
Blimblim said:
Bah, not even both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey getting 40/40 in Famitsu will save 360 in Japan. That system is as good as dead there.

Not true, friend. Akira Toriyama can change any fate. Have faith! +2,000,000 360 sales day one :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Amir0x said:
Not true, friend. Akira Toriyama can change any fate. Have faith! +2,000,000 360 sales day one :(
Bah. Considering how bad (or so I heard) the buzz is about Trusty Bell on 2ch, I'm not holding my breath.

Amir0x

Banned
Blimblim said:
Bah. Considering how bad (or so I heard) the buzz is about Trusty Bell on 2ch, I'm not holding my breath.

oh yeah Trusty Bell has no chance. I mean Blue Dragon!

Shame, really... Trusty Bell looks like a genuinely awesome concept and execution, not just a Japanese developer 'appeasing' Microsoft as had been the case in the recent past. It really has me hyped. It looks so awesome.

Do the Japanese refuse to own multiple consoles or something? If enough decent exclusive RPGs came to 360 why wouldn't people want to buy one if it's cheap enough?

Amir0x

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Do the Japanese refuse to own multiple consoles or something? If enough decent exclusive RPGs came to 360 why wouldn't people want to buy one if it's cheap enough?

of course not! The Japanese will own plenty of Wii and PS3 this gen! :lol

It's partially Microsoft's fault - embarrassing marketing decisions for the territory, a terrible first attempt in Xbox - but also the Japanese seem viciously opposed to the console.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Amir0x said:
oh yeah Trusty Bell has no chance. I mean Blue Dragon!
I know what you meant, I just used Trusty Bell as an example of what could be a very good game that gets shot down on 2ch (can japanese speakers confirm this?) only because it's 360 exclusive. Toriyama is certainly a big plus, and having Uematsu and Sakaguchi on board certainly are other good points, but I think we already are at the point where seeing "360" is a complete turn off for japanese gamers.
I sure would love to be wrong. I want as much support as possible from japanese devs on 360.

Amir0x

Banned
Blimblim said:
I sure would love to be wrong. I want as much support as possible from japanese devs on 360.

seriously. i know japanese devs are supporting 360 because of the type of headway it is making in the west, but i don't want that to mean japanese devs making what they think westerners will like. i like the distinct appeal of japanese titles from time to time :(

well, we'll see what happens... i hate to write anything off so early, with PS3s expense and Wii's crazy... so we'll see...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Namco producer: "Microsoft are concerned that we aren't really trying with the X360 and secretly put all our support into PS3. They are threatening to take back some of our money hats."

Namco head honcho: "put out an 8 page ad for that POS Trusty Bell. MS will think we really care about them. Muahahahaha!"

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Amir0x said:

It's partially Microsoft's fault - embarrassing marketing decisions for the territory, a terrible first attempt in Xbox - but also the Japanese seem viciously opposed to the console.

if there are some good games for 360 in japan coming out on a regular basis, then they'll have a chance to chip away at that market and establish a niche. that's the best they could hope for in japan, imo. this november, they could do a "relaunch" of sorts with a small price drop, blue dragon, trusty bell, dead rising, lost planet and some "greatest hits" DOA4, RR6, Kameo cheap releases. MS should also consider rebranding the beast to something other than "xbox" over there...

it may be selling like shit over there, but all is not lost yet since ps3/wii aren't even out yet. you can still save the sinking ship you stubborn bastards!

What they need to do is take "xbox" and "Microsoft" off of the console.. partner up with Toshiba, Mitsubishi or Panasonic and put their name on the device instead.

If Microsoft was a japanese company, the xbox would sell like hotcakes when Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon came out.

ethelred

Amir0x said:

If the 360 had launched in Japan with games like Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon, I think the 360 would be faring much, much better there. Instead it's getting the games over a year after release, when it seems like to Japan, it's just too little, too late at that point.

Now, maybe it's not fair to expect a system to have killer RPGs on launch -- but Microsoft certainly had the resources to make it happen if they really, really wanted to, and given how horribly botched the original Xbox was in Japan, I can certainly see why it would be considered necessary. Instead if launched with hi-def Tetris.

Symytry

ethelred said:
Instead if launched with hi-def Tetris.

...and that about sums up the brains behind microsoft :lol

The art for Culdecept looks fantastic. Too bad its a lame board/card game.

7Th

Symytry said:

Ever played it before?

Symytry said:

I thought the same thing, but actually, it's neat.

llTll

Banned
Amir0x said:
Sadly, the chances remain at zero percent. Wait until Blue Dragon.

qtf

people used to say the same about the EM game or whatever its called from "from software"

it didnt sell $hit in japan

Amir0x

Banned
ethelred said:
If the 360 had launched in Japan with games like Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon, I think the 360 would be faring much, much better there.

I honestly don't think it would have made a lick of difference. Well, I exaggerate... there would be 210,000 units sold total to date instead of whatever abysmal number is currently tapped for 360 in Japan :p

Symytry

7Th said:
Ever played it before?

FateBreaker said:
I thought the same thing, but actually, it's neat.

I've been tempted previously with importing other versions, but I don't have the time to trudge through oodles and oodles of jap text. Maybe one of these days I'll give the game a spin if it is ever given domestic release.

Symytry

Amir0x said:
I honestly don't think it would have made a lick of difference. Well, I exaggerate... there would be 210,000 units sold total to date instead of whatever abysmal number is currently tapped for 360 in Japan :p

I think they sold about 17 systems :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Fallofmart said:
But didn't it suck?

I TRUST IN THE BELL.
Enchant Arm doesn't suck. It's certainly not the best RPG ever, but I had a good time playing that game. I played through 80%, but couldn't finish it because I did not understand the spell/upgrades name written in japanese.

raYne

:eek: @ fighting a monster on the top of an inflight plane in the last set of BW pics.

There's a gremlin on the plane, you've gotta believe me!!

Kittonwy

Banned
Blimblim said:

Yep yep, although I doubt either will get anywhere close to that coming from Artoon and Feelplus.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom