• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #932 scans

Matix

FAMITSU #932: New (?) Scores:

Honoo no Takkyubin (PS2, Success): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Tenchi no Mon 2: Busouden (PSP, Sony): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Gift: Prism (PS2, Sweet): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Captain Tsubasa (PS2, Bandai Namco): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Gekitou! Custom Robo (NDS, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Oto o Tsunagou! Gunpey Reverse (NDS, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/30)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Matix said:

Honoo no Takkyubin (PS2, Success): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Tenchi no Mon 2: Busouden (PSP, Sony): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Gift: Prism (PS2, Sweet): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Oto o Tsunagou! Gunpey Reverse (NDS, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (31/30)

Gunpey Reverse gets all 8's, but still gets BETTER than perfect! There need to be more games that break my brain like that.

reminder said:
Custom Robo Battle Revolution (GCN) - 7/7/8/8 - 30/40

hmm :/ the one thing I can count on with famitsu is that as long as scores are consistent with a previously shitty game in a franchise, than this one should suck as much.

Noise is the developer again correct?

jarrod

Banned
Probationsmack said:
hmm :/ the one thing I can count on with famitsu is that as long as scores are consistent with a previously shitty game in a franchise, than this one should suck as much.

Noise is the developer again correct?
We should look at the N64/GBA versions probably too though.

jarrod said:
We should look at the N64/GBA versions probably too though.

'we'? I heard the n64 one was good, I dont think noise was the developer. Custom robo gba was canned... and moved to ds obviously.

GaimeGuy said:
It's definitely european in style. It reminds me a bit of Belleville Rendez-Vous , actually

my first thoughts exactly. Im not excited about this game compared with any other level 5 game for some reason, but hopefully it changes when i see more of this game.

jarrod

Banned
Probationsmack said:
'we'? I heard the n64 one was good, I dont think noise was the developer. Custom robo gba was canned... and moved to ds obviously.
01) Noise developed every Cutom Robo game. Spiral handled sound on the N64 versions, but I think they've actually been absorbed into Noise now.

02) the 2nd GBA game was canned, not the first (unless you're talking it's western release). And the DS game is quite different from what we saw of the 2nd GBA title, it basically looks like they started from scratch.

jarrod said:
01) Noise developed every Cutom Robo game. Spiral handled sound on the N64 versions, but I think they've actually been absorbed into Noise now.

02) the 2nd GBA game was canned, not the first (unless you're talking it's western release). And the DS game is quite different from what we saw of the 2nd GBA title, it basically looks like they started from scratch.

Can you do a screengrab of your 'list files' folder?

LevelNth

Banned
jarrod said:
I'm always totally amped about any of L5's stuff at this point (DC1 was a solid first title and DC2 was the best ARPG this gen by a mile)
Completely agree. RG is going to freakin' rock.

=P

jarrod

Banned
Probationsmack said:
Can you do a screengrab of your 'list files' folder?
Memory.

LevelNth said:
RG is going to freakin' rock.
I'd prepare for the worst... even diehard L5 proponents seemed a bit dissapointed with the JP version. :/

Thanks goodness for Arika! :lol

WARCOCK

Banned
TheTrin said:
Gunpey Reverse gets all 8's, but still gets BETTER than perfect! There need to be more games that break my brain like that.

Wasnt halo enough.... MASTER CHEIF HAS THE DNA OF A GREEK SPARTAN... AM I RITE!1111111111

LevelNth

Banned
jarrod said:
I'd prepare for the worst... even diehard L5 proponents seemed a bit dissapointed with the JP version. :/
Oh, you must mean the handful of jGAFers? Some of them were disappointed in FFXII too, doesn't faze me (actually, it's better to list the titles that don't disappoint them...). And that doesn't even take into consideration how much extra work is being put into the NA version.

I'm not sure if you'll like it though, I've heard the scenerio and design isn't from '86. No Toriyama either. =/

/poke

neo2046

Jonnyram said:
Itadaki Street DS
Prof. Layton
Healthy Recipes 1000 Cooking Compendium
Keroro Gunzou 2
DS Housekeeping book
Fuurai no Shiren DS
Bokujou Monogatari Kimi to Sodatsu Shima
Kirby
Custom Robo
General Knowledge Training
Mukoubuchi (Mahjong game)
etc.

thanks a lot Jonny!! <3 <3 <3

and if possible, I want scans of
Mukoubuchi Mahjong
Keroro Gunzou 2
Trauma Center Wii
Custom Robo and Gunpey Review :)

Bebpo said:
Tales of Harmonia?
that is fake
and new Tales games are usually revealed at Weekly Jump first

jarrod

Banned
LevelNth said:
I'm not sure if you'll like it though, I've heard the scenerio and design isn't from '86. No Toriyama either. =/

/poke
But more importantly does it have garish faux cellshading, broken weapon management, diversionary minigames out the ass, endless collectamania and a retarded random dungeon generator? Y'know, the usual Level 5 hallmarks?

neener

Jonnyram said:
First up a PS3 game so guys like Bad_Boy might get off my back ;)

Riiiiiiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrrrrr 7

Not sure what to scan next :?
Those cars do nothing for me, unfortunately. I really think a proper Ridge Racer game with real cars would be the cats meow. :D

Zeed

Banned
DarknessTear said:
Prof. Layton looks pretty much like your average Japanese morning children's show. I'm doubting that it'll be too interesting.
witch.jpg

Layton is looking more and more interesting... I absolutely love the artstyle, and while we've barely seen any gameplay screens, it's starting to look alot like some interactive Miyazaki film, which is cool as hell.

Matix said:

Cool. I'm actually looking forward to this game, even though it just looks like your generic mech game. Never played a CR game before. The wifi is what's making me want it.

Kirby looks awesome too.

FFSabin

Matix said:

Oh god please just let Famitsu be kidding....... I been waiting for this for 10 years already.

GODDAMNIT

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
LevelNth said:
Oh, you must mean the handful of jGAFers? Some of them were disappointed in FFXII too, doesn't faze me (actually, it's better to list the titles that don't disappoint them...). And that doesn't even take into consideration how much extra work is being put into the NA version.

/poke
I loved FFXII and most other RPGs I've played over the last year...but RG was simply boring. The problem is, the dungeons felt completely random...yet weren't. The battle system was a blast (though lacking in depth) and the concept is great, but the execution really isn't anything special. Of course, ff you really enjoyed the random dungeons of Dark Cloud, you'll love this.

Raistlin

Damn ... interest in RR7 rising ...

Great, now I'll be getting at least 3 games with the PS3, plus 1 or 2 by the end of the year.

Wallet am implode. :(

Amir0x

Banned
dark10x said:
I loved FFXII

*adds dark10x to the approved list*

dark10x said:
Of course, ff you really enjoyed the random dungeons of Dark Cloud, you'll love this.

Oh, see, people who criticized Rogue Galaxy didn't say this...so I was getting a little worried. But I loved the random dungeons in DC2 specifically, so this is good news :D

Mrbob

dark10x said:
I loved FFXII and most other RPGs I've played over the last year...but RG was simply boring. The problem is, the dungeons felt completely random...yet weren't. The battle system was a blast (though lacking in depth) and the concept is great, but the execution really isn't anything special. Of course, ff you really enjoyed the random dungeons of Dark Cloud, you'll love this.

Sweet. Rogue Galaxy confirmed best PS2 RPG.

Too bad we have to wait till 2007 for it in the states. :/

LevelNth

Banned
jarrod said:
But more importantly does it have garish faux cellshading, broken weapon management, diversionary minigames out the ass, endless collectamania and a retarded random dungeon generator? Y'know, the usual Level 5 hallmarks?
Well, not to get too serious here, but some of these complaints are kinda messed up, and I can't help myself from replying. So I'll just go through each one at a time.

I'm not sure what requirements there are to attain the 'jarrod seal of true celshading quality', but all most care about is whether something looks good or not. And if you don't think DC2 and RG look stunning, that's cool, but it does kinda make you, you know, batshit insane. =P

I assume you're talking about the weapon breaking mechanic, because no one in their right mind can criticize the weapon customization and improvement system in any of the L5 games. And breaking isn't in RG.

Um, minigames (that you aren't forced to participate in) that give a change of pace is now a bad thing?

Dungeon keys and georama parts aren't exactly what I'd describe as endless, especially since the games are dungeon crawlers. RG isn't the same.

I've seen you comment close to ten times on DC2's random dungeon generator, and you've yet to ever explain in what way's makes it poor? DC1 not so much, but DC2 has one of the best random generators I've ever seen.

Whew, had to get that outta my system.

SumGamer

neo2046 said:
Keroro Gunzou 2
Trauma Center Wii

What? There is TC Wii in the magazine? Please sire let me see them.

And I haven't ever thought to think that there would be a sequel for Keroro Gunsou :s, how's that game selling?

TheTrin said:
Who cares what you think? Your taste in games is ****ing terrible.

Apparently you do care. :lol

Anyway, this has nothing to do with my taste in games. It has to do with the style being generic.

Yes, Level 5 is awesome. But I'm not gonna jizz all over everything they make.

enishi

SumGamer said:
And I haven't ever thought to think that there would be a sequel for Keroro Gunsou :s, how's that game selling?

It sold around 25k first week. I estimate its LTD could be around 40k-50k (It stayed in top30 in a few weeks). As it is too cheap for development (short gameplay, only collection of a few minigames), Bandai Namco should be happy about its sales and want a sequel of it.

NotWii

Banned
Thomper said:
I might be wrong, but isn't General Knowledge Training the game that was also called 'Common Sense Training'? Screen below.
scr_019.jpg
The reason I want to see it is to see what they'd consider as 'common sense' :p

GG-Duo

Wii said:
The reason I want to see it is to see what they'd consider as 'common sense' :p

I've said this before when the game was announced...
but I'll say it again. "Common Sense" was a bad translation. It's "General Knowledge".

ethelred

Cosmonaut X said:
No, it really doesn't. To my eyes it has more in common with European animation and it also boasts some of the nicest character designs I've seen in a Japanese adventure game for quite some time. If its gameplay can match up to its looks, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a localisation.

Agreed. It really strikes me as European -- the character design and clothing, the overall style, and the locales. And I think it looks really great, too.

duckroll

This is why there's no reason discussing anything on GAF. You can't have an opinion, nope. So someone finds something looking generic and you don't, big deal. What's the point in typing two paragraphs against his one sentence. You're not going to change his mind, you're just going to derail yet another thread, and Level 5 will continue to suck. Life goes on.

ethelred

duckroll said:
This is why there's no reason discussing anything on GAF. You can't have an opinion, nope. So someone finds something looking generic and you don't, big deal. What's the point in typing two paragraphs against his one sentence. You're not going to change his mind, you're just going to derail yet another thread, and Level 5 will continue to suck. Life goes on.

He's free to think it looks generic, but stating that it looks like a generic Japan cartoon... well, can anyone point out a single Japanese cartoon that looks like this? I certainly haven't seen one.

But you're right, ducky -- there isn't a point to it, so I won't get into it here in this thread.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
duckroll said:
yeah, but it's annoying when someone that plays Wild ****ING Arms which is as generic as you can get finds the artwork for dr. leyton generic. can you really blame trin for that comment? i sure dont.

duckroll

Error2k4 said:
yeah, but it's annoying when someone that plays Wild ****ING Arms which is as generic as you can get finds the artwork for dr. leyton generic. can you really blame trin for that comment? i sure dont.

Hey, I hate Wild Arms too. But if we could all keep that shit to IRC, maybe the forums will be a healthier place for discussion of games!

Who am I kidding, no it won't. :(

ethelred

Error2k4 said:

Actually, ducky was responding to my comments, not Trin's, but I edited it out. ;)

Top Bottom