• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu and Media Create Sales: 12/22 - 12/28

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
cvxfreak said:
These RE re-releases are clearly an investment in brand building. They'll make Capcom a small chunk of cash, but in the end the reward of building the RE identity on the Wii will bring in the bigger reward in the future.
I really want to believe.

Ok, for Spiegel, here's the All-Time Top50 with all versions combined (best - version etc.). ;)

Top50 with single versions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14194791&postcount=399

What's new:
Dragon Quest VIII:
Units: 3.555.469 -> 3.655.709

Final Fantasy VII:
Units: 3.501.588 -> 3.937.900

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G:
Units: 2.447.173 -> 2.646.173

Final Fantasy X:
Units: 2.325.215 -> 2.993.219

Final Fantasy XII:
Units: 2.322.541 -> 2.460.681

Gran Turismo:
Units: 2.186.375 -> 2.379.060

Resident Evil 2:
Units: 2.154.975 -> 2.456.651

Final Fantasy X-2:
Units: 1.960.937 -> 2.294.569

2r2wrya.png

Phife Dawg said:
How many have they shipped? And apparently it's enough money for Capcom or else they wouldn't be porting all these games. Is it a lot of money like ksamedi said? Dunno, compared to revenue from other games apparently not, factoring the very low dev costs in probably yes. Doesn't matter all that much in the end I think.
Going by first day figures we got, it was about 50-55k shipment. Like cvxfreak said, its good to raise awareness, they are also very low risk since shipments, dev cost and retail price are small, also fighting front-loaded releases and used copies. Its a nice complement to their lineup but it isn't going to bring up the rough.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum has almost overtaken Gold/Silver/Crystal, which will make it the 2nd best selling generation of Pokemon games in Japan. R/B/Y will easily remain no.1 though.

_Alkaline_ said:
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum has almost overtaken Gold/Silver/Crystal, which will make it the 2nd best selling generation of Pokemon games in Japan. R/B/Y will easily remain no.1 though.
lol your're right, next week and DPP > GSC xD

AniHawk

cvxfreak said:
These RE re-releases are clearly an investment in brand building. They'll make Capcom a small chunk of cash, but in the end the reward of building the RE identity on the Wii will bring in the bigger reward in the future.

Since REmake Wii Edition sold well, I really hope that means Capcom will see if Code Veronica Wii Edition, Resident Evil 2 Wii Edition, Nemesis Wii Edition, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: Wii Edition sell well. Maybe they might consider making a new game for Nintendo's next console maybe.

I'm not sure how Capcom expects these Biohazard re-releases to work out. Sure it's one thing for those looking to get more familiar with the series but RE0-3+CV play nothing like the newer games.

(I own the DC releases of RE2-3+CV myself. Why? I don't know. Cause I fucking hate them and myself)

AniHawk said:
Since REmake Wii Edition sold well, I really hope that means Capcom will see if Code Veronica Wii Edition, Resident Evil 2 Wii Edition, Nemesis Wii Edition, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: Wii Edition sell well. Maybe they might consider making a new game for Nintendo's next console maybe.
I lol'd.

cakeman19 said:
Damn, if Riz Zoawd did that bad, it probably won't get localized. Dammit, I was looking forward to it.

This really makes no difference in a game getting localized, Zoids assault was one of the worst performing games of the year, it sold something like 4000 copies overall. yet localized it was!

Lightning said:
Impressive WKC sales, imo.

PS3 hardware is disappointing as I was expecting a bit of a boost that didn't happen.
To be honest, I didn't expect a big hardware jump. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people wanting White Knight Chronicles already had a PS3. I think FFXIII for an example will do pretty well, but may not bump hardware as much as people would think (unless there's a major re-design or a special PS3 being released for it) since I wouldn't be surprised if many PS3 owners are still waiting for FFXIII.

FirewalkR

BoilersFan23 said:
To be honest, I didn't expect a big hardware jump. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people wanting White Knight Chronicles already had a PS3. I think FFXIII for an example will do pretty well, but may not bump hardware as much as people would think (unless there's a major re-design or a special PS3 being released for it) since I wouldn't be surprised if many PS3 owners are still waiting for FFXIII.

That's pretty much certain, I'd say.

dabra

bttb said:
First Day Sales (12/25)
[NDS] Team Batista no Eikou: Shinjitsu o Tsumugu 4-tsu no Karte (Hudson) - 16,000 (40%)

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 12/22 - 12/28

__. [NDS] Team Batista no Eikou: Shinjitsu o Tsumugu 4-tsu no Karte (Hudson) - 970 / NEW
:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jrricky said:
If PSZ and WKC keeps it up, I will not consider them a bomb. Theyve got to make it past 300k and 500k respectively.
Um, that's not realistic for WKC. I went and ran the numbers and no level 5 RPG has even come close to that (and that's on the PS2). Dark Cloud no, Dark "Chronicle" (lol) no, Rogue Galaxy no.

Gotta hand it to JJS, this garaph thing rocks hard. It's totally changed how I align my expectations for software.

donny2112

dabra said:

It probably was supposed to be Pachitte 15, since nothing else new that was reported sold over 16000 the first week. Still, talk about lowered expectations. :lol

Thanks to bttb for putting up the early numbers and doing the translations on the new GEIMIN.net postings, though. :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
Um, that's not realistic for WKC. I went and ran the numbers and no level 5 RPG has even come close to that (and that's on the PS2). Dark Cloud no, Dark "Chronicle" (lol) no, Rogue Galaxy no.

Gotta hand it to JJS, this garaph thing rocks hard. It's totally changed how I align my expectations for software.

I'd say the only chance it has is if the online catches on. Probably pretty unlikely though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Not even a million dollar in revenue, so much money.

Should have called it Play on Wii: Resident Evil.

DS RPG sales suck, I wonder why?
There is literally like 100k people that buys them, and that's it.
Seems like most RPGs on the system just make it to 100k and vanish, in this case Suikoden. Tales do a bit better, but it's not like they pass 200k

Eteric Rice

John Harker said:

DS RPG sales suck, I wonder why?
There is literally like 100k people that buys them, and that's it.
Seems like most RPGs on the system just make it to 100k and vanish, in this case Suikoden. Tales do a bit better, but it's not like they pass 200k

I think the market is flooded to hell on the DS right now. There's more RPGs released on that thing monthly than probably any system before it. I wouldn't be surprised if it has more RPGs than the PS2 now.

Second part of that is more of a theory. I'm wondering if the Japanese public knows that prices collapse quickly after games are released, and just wait until they're in the bargain bin.

Tenbatsu

AniHawk said:
Outbreak File 1 & 2 Wii Edition please~:D

John Harker said:
Actually a very fair point. I think 3rd parties would appreciate using Nintendo's line of old games adapted to Wii, even with restrictions like Sony applies with the 'The Best!' re-releases. For example I'm sure Namco would release ToS GC adapted to Wii under that brand to raise awareness towards next Tales game and to capitalize on those who bought ToS-R.

I'm not sure Nintendo would be willing to share the Play on Wii line though.

There may be some under-the-chart growth, but the latest numbers I have for Pikmin + Pikmin 2 in Japan came to 973,929. In which case...
20./00. [WII] Play on Wii: Pikmin (Nintendo) - 48,000 / NEW
this pushes the franchise over a million.

donny2112

JoshuaJSlone said:
There may be some under-the-chart growth, but the latest numbers I have for Pikmin + Pikmin 2 in Japan came to 973,929. In which case...

this pushes the franchise over a million.

cat_zombie.jpg
cat_happy2.jpg
cat_happy1.jpg

YES_fist_pump.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
AniHawk said:
Not before we see REmake Wii 2 Edition, Resident Evil 2 Wii 2 Edition, Nemesis Wii 2 Edition, Code Veronica Wii 2 Edition, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: Wii 2 Edition, and Resident Evil 5 Wii 2 Edition. You know, just to make sure again.

cakeman19

Banned
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
This really makes no difference in a game getting localized, Zoids assault was one of the worst performing games of the year, it sold something like 4000 copies overall. yet localized it was!

Don't some companies take it into account? I feel like Capcom said something like that, but I could be mixing up something.

Anyway, that's good if it still has a good chance.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Damn, BioShock got owned. I wasn't expecting fantastic numbers, but Far Cry 2 outsold it 3 to 1. What's up with that?

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Eh no.

That was a pretty special case because Takara and Tomy merged, Takara owned controlling stake in Atlus and thus came a few localizations of their properties. That stake has been sold later to Index Holdings which is the major shareholder of Takara Tomy but still seems Atlus got rid of them.

And I don't think anyone has to worry about RIZ whatever, D3 themselves can publish it.

Link said:
Not before we see REmake Wii 2 Edition, Resident Evil 2 Wii 2 Edition, Nemesis Wii 2 Edition, Code Veronica Wii 2 Edition, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition: Wii 2 Edition, and Resident Evil 5 Wii 2 Edition. You know, just to make sure again.

Yeah but the title screen of RE 5 will be dropped like they dropped the credits from Okami
:(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, nice first week for WKC, Dissidia is hanging on bravely, Pikmin selling a few (Sell more!) and Wii Music just wont die, all in all a typical holiday week, except for PS3, being outsold almost 4:1 by Wii this week, ow.

Nash said:
PIKMIN WII??!!?

When did that happen! :-O

Is it both 1 & 2? Pointer controls?

PIKMIN LOVE! :D :D :D

Yep, it's 1 and 2 (Seperate though, Pikmin 1 comes out March, no date for Pikmin 2 yet) and yes they have pointer controls and 16 x 9 support.

There's a whole series of Nintendo 1st Party GCN games getting Wiimakes (Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Mario Power Tennis, DK Jungle Beat and more!)

Olaeh

Thanks for posting that chart Captain Smoker, very helpful.

Anyone have any idea where Tatsunoko vs Capcom stands LTD wise?

Hey, nice numbers for Pikmin.

yurinka

jakncoke said:
3rd best ever behind MGS4 and DMC4. MGS4 did 476.334 and DMC4 did 212.373, WKC became the 21st 100k seller
This means good numbers for WKC. Maybe it means these are the best numbers for JRPG in this gen? As I remember Blue Dragon, Folklore, Last Remnant and Lost Odyseey had lower numbers.

WKC was released in thursday nope? But MGS4 and DMC4?

Ariexv

yurinka said:
This means good numbers for WKC. Maybe it means these are the best numbers for JRPG in this gen? As I remember Blue Dragon, Folklore, Last Remnant and Lost Odyseey had lower numbers.

WKC was released in thursday nope? But MGS4 and DMC4?
It really depends on how it does in the states and Europe.... sales look good for it in japan but it still has a ways to go to match LO(800k WW)

Johann

Lost Odyssey is probably the best selling worldwide. Dragon Quest Swords (best selling console RPG in Japan) might be next due solely to a very strong performance in Japan and decent performance elsewhere.

Is it horrible that after seeing the happiness all are going through about Pikmin now being a million-selling franchise that I am going to buy the new play control Pikmin when it comes out here in March?

Even when I already own Pikmin 1 and 2 for Cube?

Olaeh

Wii Will Rock U said:
Is it horrible that after seeing the happiness all are going through about Pikmin now being a million-selling franchise that I am going to buy the new play control Pikmin when it comes out here in March?

No, I'm doing the same.

Sadist

AniHawk said:
Weird, as I was reading cvxfreak's post, I thought the same thing.

donny2112

Wii Will Rock U said:

Pointer control and $30. It's a winning combination! :D

cvxfreak

Sadist said:
Weird, as I was reading cvxfreak's post, I thought the same thing.

Bringing RE2, RE3 and CV to Wii will only be tolerable as remakes. That would take the whole generation to get done
leaving RE5 for Wii2

Y2Kev said:
I agree that 500k is very unlikely for WKC, but not because it's a Level 5 RPG. Plenty of devs have changed performance over the years, and Dragon Quest VIII was also by Level 5. They have recent long-legs RPGs on portables, too.

No, it'll fall short of that number because we already know what its first week was like, and that allows us to predict its trajectory. The Dark Cloud series is a bad comparison because they had first weeks much smaller than WKC (one-quarter and one-half as big, respectively). Rogue Galaxy is much better, since its first week was very similar. It got to about 310k by the end of 2005, sold 40k in 2006, and sold 30k in 2007 on re-release. WKC has online to extend its legs, but it's on PS3 which will hurt. I'd expect around the same performance, ending in a few years around the 400k mark. If next week is around 50-60k that arc will be virtually assured.

Top Bottom