• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Awesomeness (MGS4 = 40/40, Tenchu 4 and Runefactory Frontier for Wii)

farnham

Banned
Wii Tenchu 4 Fromsoftware Oct 23rd 7140yen

Wii Rune Factory Frontier Marvelous 2008 TBA

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?main=nin&table=game_nin02&page=1&left=b&num=16669

MGS 4 Famitsu Cross Review 10 10 10 10

Quality and Volume is astounding. Fans will like it. Newbies are welcomed through many friendly systems.
Even Gamers that are bad at action games need to play it. MGS Online is included. Cant see a single flaw

Espionage Action and Bossbattles are Intact. Buying Stuff and custumizing is fun
The Cutscenes are astounding and there are many of the,
Online Play is included which is nice

I think there are a little too many cutscenes
Yet You will watch them till the end
Many Extra Content
The Online plays like the main game
A lot of replayability

Octocamo is easy to use
Dont have any problems with the quality of the cutscenes
Too many characters. You will need to play the previous games
Online play is unique

http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_ps04&num=42959&main=ps

ivysaur12

Banned
After the crappiness of the last couple of Tenchus, I have no need for the next one (WHERE IS MY WII LOST KINGDOMS, FROMSOFTWARE?)

Rune Factory Wii, however, would be something to be excited about.

Tenbatsu

DS Shiren DS2 Winter SEGA 5040yen
Wii Tenchu4 From Software Oct 23rd 7140yen
Wii Rune Factory Frontier Marvelous 2008 No price

Wii
7/24 Kung Fu Panda
7/24 Wario Land Shake
7/31 Fatal Frame 4
8月 Sugoroku Chronicles
9/4 Rainbow Pop
10/23 Tenchu4
11/27 涼宮ハルヒの激動 (Gave up on the Translation)
11/27 涼宮ハルヒの激動DXパック (Gave up on the Translation)
2008 ブロブ カラフルなきぼう (Gave up on the Translation)
2008 Rune Factory Frontier
No release date DISASTER DAY OF CRISIS

PS3
7/10 Dark Sector
7/24 Midnight Drift(BEST)
7/31 Soul Calibur 4
8/28 Afrika
Oct Saints Row2
2008 SOCOM CONFRONTATION

XBOX 360
6/19 Flatout Ultimate Carnage
7/10 Real Arcade Pro EX
7/17 CLANNAD
7/31 Soul Calibur 4
Oct Saints Row2
2008 Guitar Hero 3

4542082000449.jpg

世界はあたしでまわってる 8 9 8 6

pa.124748.2.jpg

魔人探偵脳噛ネウロ 6 8 7 6

mgs4st9.png

MGS4 10 10 10 10
happysup.gif

farnham

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
After the crappiness of the last couple of Tenchus, I have no need for the next one (WHERE IS MY WII LOST KINGDOMS, FROMSOFTWARE?)

Rune Factory Wii, however, would be something to be excited about.
ditto!

ivysaur12

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
No release date DISASTER DAY OF CRISIS

:-\

EDIT: The hell? Those reviews of MGS 4 don't sound like 10s... And I guess someone forgot to tell Famitsu not to complain about cutscene length?

farnham

Banned
Aeon712 said:
From Software really needs to make a new Armored COre for Wii
Firxed

ivysaur12 said:
:-\

EDIT: The hell? Those reviews of MGS 4 don't sound like 10s... And I guess someone forgot to tell Famitsu not to complain about cutscene length?

Famitsu is more powerful then Konami.

disappeared said:
Tenchu 4 for the Wii?

Fuck.YEAH!!!

Fii XED

Yoboman

Gold Member
lol you know it's gone overboard when Famitsu complains about the cutscene length

Oh well, I'll love it anyway

How so?

pulga

Banned
Rune Factory Wii? FUCK YEAH. Now this is the type of news Wii owners need after the Ubisoft and (possibly) Capcom fiasco.

KTallguy

Banned
creamsugar said:
40/40 (from 2ch, unconfirmed)

Editor A
圧倒的すぎるクオリティーとボリューム。シリーズのファンはもちろん
本作から始めても十分楽しめる親切な仕様も多くて◎。アクションが多
少苦手でもぜひやってほしい作品。本編に加え、『メタルギア オンラ
イン』も内容、サポートともに充実しており、まったく死角が見当たらない。

Editor B
おなじみのスニーキングアクションや、仕掛けが盛りだくさんのボス戦
は健在。何より新たな要素である武装の購入やカスタマイズが楽しい!
 注目のデモシーンもほかに類を見ないほどの大ボリュームで超充実で
す。さらに仲間との連繋を重視したオンライン対戦もできてオトクすぎ!

Editor C
膨大なデモに、新旧合わせたネタの数々。少々くどいと思える部分もあ
るが、最期まで見応え十分。また、自由にプレイスタイルが選べ、やり
込み要素も多いので、2週目以降も楽しい。オンラインは本編の設定を
活かしたシステムやルールは◎で、こちらもくり返し遊びたくなりました。

Editor D
自動で擬態する”オクトカム”は、初心者にもわかりやすいシステム。
デモシーンのクオリティーも文句なし。ただし、1~3作目からの登場
人物が多いので、ストーリーを十分に楽しみたいのなら要予習。オンラ
インは一般兵VSスネークなと、本シリーズならではのルールもあるのが○。

My shot. I hope it's not fake.

Editor A
An overwhelming amount of quality and volume. Thanks to a lot of great features, long time fans of the series and neophytes alike will be able to enjoy the game. Even if you’re not so great at action games, we really recommend you give this a try. Furthermore, the content in the Metal Gear Online mode is an excellent addition to the main story. A game with seemingly no weak points whatsoever.

Editor B
The familiar sneaking action triumphantly returns, along with boss battles full of tricks and surprises. But even more fun is the ability to purchase and customize equipment with new abilities! The popular cutscenes are also back in huge numbers, leaving you immensely satisfied. Finally, playing the online versus mode with your buddies and linking up is just too awesome!

Editor C
Within the massive amounts of cutscenes there are numerous easter eggs, mixing both the old and the new. Some parts get a little verbose and wordy, but the end is really worth it. Also, because depending on your style of play, many different gameplay elements emerge, the second straight week of play is still fun. Another great point: the Online mode’s rules and system are carried over from the main story mode (?). You’ll want to play it over and over again.

Editor D
“Octo-Cam” allows players to automatically blend in, a system easy for even beginners to understand. We have no complaints about the quality of the cutscenes at all. However, many characters from the previous games appear, so if you want to get the most out of the story, you’ll need a bit of preparation. In the Online Game, modes like “Snake vs Soldiers” are truly unique to this series.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Rune Factory for Wii? Cautiously interested... too bad they'll never get Lufia now that S-E has the IP.

Ydahs said:
Isn't the Rune Factory Wii news old.
Sort of, it was mentioned in an interview with cubed3 a while back.

Whoa Tenchu 4 Wii? Guess From has already given up on the idea of a PS360 sequel.
Kind of disappointed mainly because I liked the online play in Tenchu Z. =/

Everyone knows Shinobido is the real deal though...which is probably Wii-bound as well.

ivysaur12

Banned
KTallguy said:
My shot. I hope it's not fake.

Editor A
An overwhelming amount of quality and volume. Thanks to a lot of great features, long time fans of the series and neophytes alike will be able to enjoy the game. Even if you’re not so great at action games, we really recommend you give this a try. Furthermore, the content in the Metal Gear Online mode is an excellent addition to the main story. A game with seemingly no weak points whatsoever.

Editor B
The familiar sneaking action triumphantly returns, along with boss battles full of tricks and surprises. But even more fun is the ability to purchase and customize equipment with new abilities! The popular cutscenes are also back in huge numbers, leaving you immensely satisfied. Finally, playing the online versus mode with your buddies and linking up is just too awesome!

Editor C
Within the massive amounts of cutscenes there are numerous easter eggs, mixing both the old and the new. Some parts get a little verbose and wordy, but the end is really worth it. Also, because depending on your style of play, many different gameplay elements emerge, the second straight week of play is still fun. Another great point: the Online mode’s rules and system are carried over from the main story mode (?). You’ll want to play it over and over again.

Editor D
“Octo-Cam” allows players to automatically blend in, a system easy for even beginners to understand. We have no complaints about the quality of the cutscenes at all. However, many characters from the previous games appear, so if you want to get the most out of the story, you’ll need a bit of preparation. In the Online Game, modes like “Snake vs Soldiers” are truly unique to this series.

Ahh, ok. That's better.

Rpgmonkey

Tenbatsu said:
4542082000449.jpg

世界はあたしでまわってる 8 9 8 6

She looks like she fits the title well. >_>

And another high score for MGS4. So excited!

ivysaur12

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
Yeah, why stop at one shitty franchise?

Lost Kingdoms = Shitty, Lost Kingdoms II = A really good, terribly overlooked game that no-one played.

So yeah. That's why I want another one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ivysaur12 said:
Lost Kingdoms = Shitty, Lost Kingdoms II = A really good, terribly overlooked game that no-one played.

So yeah. That's why I want another one.

Indeed.

In fact this is an amazing trend in Card Based RPG.

First game has some major flaw(s) that keeps it from being awesome. Lost Kingdom, BK, Metal Gear AC!D

Second game corrects said flaw(s) and is totally awesome. LK II, BKO, MGA2.

Tenchu 4.... Geez. Still, I'll look into it.

3 wasn't all that great, but it did have some pretty strong atmosphere in those ronin village, graveyard, and clockwork stages. Gameplay wasn't all that strong though, and the straightup melee combat was subpar. Still haven't enjoyed a Tenchu as much as I did the first (Grand Master on every stage, every layout, every character). Though to be fair, a part of that was timing -- pre-MGS and a good stealth title fueled by the MGs hype.

10x4 is interesting. I really don't put any weight into Famitsu reviews anymore but pure 40s are still typical statement of sorts. Maybe not of quality but in the very least of some sort of indication that, hey, this really needs to be looked at for what it's trying to do (see FF XII or Nintendogs, I suppose--I love XII but the 40 still caught me off guard).

Tenbatsu

PS3
7/10 Dark Sector
7/24 Midnight Drift(BEST)
7/31 Soul Calibur 4
8/28 Afrika
Oct Saints Row2
2008 SOCOM CONFRONTATION

XBX360
6/19 Flatout Ultimate Carnage
7/10 Real Arcade Pro EX
7/17 CLANNAD
7/31 Soul Calibur 4
Oct Saints Row2
2008 Guitar Hero 3

Kittonwy

Banned
farnham said:
MGS 4 Famitsu Cross Review 10 10 10 10

Quality and Volume is astounding. Fans will like it. Newbies are welcomed through many friendly systems.
Even Gamers that are bad at action games need to play it. MGS Online is included. Cant see a single flaw

Espionage Action and Bossbattles are Intact. Buying Stuff and custumizing is fun
The Cutscenes are astounding and there are many of the,
Online Play is included which is nice

I think there are a little too many cutscenes
Yet You will watch them till the end
Many Extra Content
The Online plays like the main game
A lot of replayability

Octocamo is easy to use
Dont have any problems with the quality of the cutscenes
Too many characters. You will need to play the previous games
Online play is unique

http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_ps04&num=42959&main=ps

OHOHOHOHOH.
happysup.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If Tree of Hapiness doesn't hit before RFF comes out that'll put Natsume what, 4 or 5 HM/RF games behind? :lol

Good score for MGS4.

I hope that Tenchu for Wii isn't tradition and they try to do something different like with the DS game...except good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
farnham said:
you mean wonderful life

Most people don't like Wonderful Life.

Alex said:
Wonderful Life is the worst Harvest Moon game ever fucking made. Even Save the Homeland was better than that shit.

This however is completely off base. StH is easily the worst console based HM game. AWL has problems, but the ending is strong and it has great atmosphere. StH is barely fit for a coaster.

Still the correct answer is FoMT, that's the last real milestone of the series, though the first Wii game is pretty damn amazing as well.

Farnack

Banned
Tenchu for Wii eh?

Tenchu is usually the stealth ninja kind of game so I'm not sure if they're going to go with the Wiimote controls sword swinging mechanic. That would break Tenchu.

Good for MGS4.

I like that comment that says "Too many cutscenes but you'll still watch them till the end."

Kojima directed cutscenes are just something everyone has to see.

Top Bottom