- Nov 21, 2014
The popular Japanese magaines Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation just hosted the Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards.
The Game of the Year award was brought home by Pokemon Sword & Shield, which prevailed against a strong panel of nominees which also included Death Stranding, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
On the other hand, Hideo Kojima winned the “Most Valuable Creator” award, with Death Stranding winning four awards including Best Rookie, Best Action Adventure, Best Graphics, and Best Character.
- Best Rookie: Death Stranding
- Best Indie: Gnosia
- Best Shooter: Apex Legends
- Best eSports: Fortnite
- Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
- Best Streamer: Kato Junichi (Unko-chan)
- Best RPG: Pokemon Sword & Shield
- Best Action: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Best Action Adventure: Death Stranding
- Best Adventure: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- Best Creator in China: Hideo Kojima
- Best Game in China: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Best Character: Sam Porter Bridges
- Best Music: Persona 5 Royal
- Best Scenario: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- Best Graphics: Death Stranding
- Famitsu Dengeki Special Awards: Dragon Quest Walk/Ring Fit Adventure
- Most Valuable Creator: Hideo Kojima
- Game of the Year: Pokemon Sword & Sield
Pokemon Sword & Shield Is Game of the Year at Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards; Hideo Kojima Is Best Creator
The popular Japanese magazines Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation just hosted the Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards 2019. Pokemon Sword & Shield won the GOTY.