• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards

Mista

Banned
Famitsu-Dengeki-Game-Awards-2019.jpg

The popular Japanese magaines Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation just hosted the Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards.

The Game of the Year award was brought home by Pokemon Sword & Shield, which prevailed against a strong panel of nominees which also included Death Stranding, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

On the other hand, Hideo Kojima winned the “Most Valuable Creator” award, with Death Stranding winning four awards including Best Rookie, Best Action Adventure, Best Graphics, and Best Character.

• Best Rookie: Death Stranding
  • Best Indie: Gnosia
  • Best Shooter: Apex Legends
  • Best eSports: Fortnite
  • Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
  • Best Streamer: Kato Junichi (Unko-chan)
  • Best RPG: Pokemon Sword & Shield
  • Best Action: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Best Action Adventure: Death Stranding
  • Best Adventure: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Best Creator in China: Hideo Kojima
  • Best Game in China: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Best Character: Sam Porter Bridges
  • Best Music: Persona 5 Royal
  • Best Scenario: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Best Graphics: Death Stranding
  • Famitsu Dengeki Special Awards: Dragon Quest Walk/Ring Fit Adventure
  • Most Valuable Creator: Hideo Kojima
  • Game of the Year: Pokemon Sword & Sield

Javthusiast

Banned
Sword&Shield game of the year?

Yep, don't even need to pay any attention to their awards.

Edit: Koji won? Nevermind, I forgive them for the pokemon fiasco. ;)

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
LOL. Imagine a game with a terrible story, Ps2 tier production values and mostly the same basic gameplay from 24 years ago winning RPG of the year and game of the year.

Wasn't Famitsu also giving award to Sonic Forces, one of worst games of generation? They aren't well know for their choices.

Best to ignore them.

Carna

Banned
Wasn't Famitsu also giving award to Sonic Forces, one of worst games of generation? They aren't well know for their choices.

Best to ignore them.
Both Pokemon and Sonic fans, seething like crazy over a choice in Japanese game awards,

But go ahead and continue ranting about award choices when a boring game like Death Stranding wins awards anyway, boohoo :(

LMAO you guys care too much about this crap.

Saber

Gold Member
Both Pokemon and Sonic fans, seething like crazy over a choice in Japanese game awards,

But go ahead and continue ranting about award choices when a boring game like Death Stranding wins awards anyway, boohoo :(

LMAO you guys care too much about this crap.

C'mon dude, no one gonna pay you to suck Sonic Forces dick(or any game for that matter). And its not like it bothers me anyway, sorry if my comment hurt your feelings. It wasn't my intention.

On a side note, DS is the only one I could seriously consider in their list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom