• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 04 Mar 2009

TreIII

kenta said:
Please no :(

Please please please no :(

Eh, as long as PlatGame's website states PS3/360, I don't see what's to worry about.

Besides, for a game that's trying to beat Kamiya's old flame (Devil May Cry), I would think it would behoove Platinum to not shun neither part of the demographic they seek to reach...

harSon

Banned
TreIII said:
Eh, as long as PlatGame's website states PS3/360, I don't see what's to worry about.

Besides, for a game that's trying to beat Kamiya's old flame (Devil May Cry), I would think it would behoove Platinum to not shun neither part of the demographic they seek to reach...

It'd be a timed exclusive at the worst and even that's a pretty big stretch IMO

kenta

Has no PEINS
neojubei said:
On the one hand, I see your point. But on the other hand, I know that web sites are often a pretty low priority for a lot of companies so I wouldn't take it as fact simply by the site. Also don't forget this is an early Famitsu leak so a formal announcement with a relaunched site could potentially be coming in the next few days, who knows

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me but I'd be pretty bummed about it

xfactor

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
It supposedly officially translates as Ranch Story, I'm sure that was confirmed at one point.

Yeah I know "Supposedly + Officially = Oxymoron" but still. :p

Edit: To guess on some of the other Wii games in the Game Index:

The "2009" and "NEXT" should be both Power Pro games.

But what is the game that shows "Wii" and "Wi-Fi" in the name?

実況パワフルプロ野球
http://www.konami.jp/pawa/next/

The Wi-Fi game is a mahjong game I believe

GDGF

Soothsayer
Linkzg said:
・Full Metal Alchemist Wii

more info on this

I've always said (to my anime watching buddies, anyway) that Full Metal Alchemist would make for a great Wii game if they did it right (IE controling your cybernetic arm with the Wiimote ala Metroid Prime and using it to draw runes/alchemy)

I didn't know there was going to be a reboot of the series. I will definitely keep an eye out for that. Please trust me.

kenta said:
On the one hand, I see your point. But on the other hand, I know that web sites are often a pretty low priority for a lot of companies so I wouldn't take it as fact simply by the site. Also don't forget this is an early Famitsu leak so a formal announcement with a relaunched site could potentially be coming in the next few days, who knows

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me but I'd be pretty bummed about it

Maybe it's 360 exclusive in Japan lol

icecream

Public Health Threat
AranhaHunter said:
Maybe it's 360 exclusive in Japan lol
And the point of that would be? Sega is leaving money on the table if it does that yet makes it multiplatform worldwide.

It's probably a misprint/mistake, or the platform status of the game has changed. Either way we should know by the end of the week, when the actual magazine comes out.

t3nmilez

adversesolutions said:
Looking forward to the former, and very cautiously to the latter. Mamoru-kun is an adventure-esque shooter developed by G-Rev makers of Under Defeat, Senkou no Ronde etc. Ketsui is one of CAVE's best arcade shooters, but the port team working on it royally fucked up on their last work, Dodonpachi Daioujou for the 360, so definitely going to have to wait and see.

Outside of the loading times, I don't think DOJ was that bad of a port. Maybe there's some minor pixel shit that's different from the arcade version, but I'm not hardcore enough to notice. I swear, people just bitch for the sake of it, I'll bet that you would have never noticed the problems if it wasn't for some player raking the game. I'm looking forward to Ketsui, lousy load times or not, it's a fun game and a port that's 99% accurate is good enough for me (but, I guess for some people, it's a royally bused port for some reason).

Anyway, I'm still waiting for a port of Ibara Kuro Black Label. Goddamn that game is fantastic, spent way too much money on that machine back when it came out. I still go back to it whenever I hit up the arcade which has lots of shooters, if that gets ported I'll need no other shooting games.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
androvsky said:
It's getting harder to tell since the timed exclusive demos started hitting, joke post?
No, it'll hit the 360 on 4/23 and the PS3 5/28. It's actually becoming a trend there with Ubisoft, the 360 version of PoP and End War were also released earlier than the PS3 version.

icecream said:
And the point of that would be? Sega is leaving money on the table if it does that yet makes it multiplatform worldwide.

It's probably a misprint/mistake, or the platform status of the game has changed. Either way we should know by the end of the week, when the actual magazine comes out.

Or maybe Microsoft is leaving money on the table?

Anyway, I doubt it will be exclusive. Timed at most.

Unlike everyone else who has chimed in, I will be getting Blaz for 360 :D

t3nmilez said:
Outside of the loading times, I don't think DOJ was that bad of a port. Maybe there's some minor pixel shit that's different from the arcade version, but I'm not hardcore enough to notice. I swear, people just bitch for the sake of it, I'll bet that you would have never noticed the problems if it wasn't for some player raking the game. I'm looking forward to Ketsui, lousy load times or not, it's a fun game and a port that's 99% accurate is good enough for me.

x Freezes in second loop of white label and black label, rendering high scoring runs useless
x Useless training mode for each stage which starts you out at minimum power, no power-ups, meaning you can't actually practice the stages individually (PS2 version you could)
x Awful load times, awful menus
x Quirky and ham-handed leaderboards
x Replays do NOT work
x Tate mode does not take effect until you get into an actual game, forcing you to crick your head over while navigating the hori menus
x X-mode renders all achievement pointless grindfests

Enough for you? Seriously, PORTS DON'T GET MUCH WORSE.

Stop getting on my back about DOJ. It's one of my favorite games ever, and 5pb fucked the port up. They knew what they were releasing but did it anyways. I doubt they can patch half the problems that are currently listed on the glitch Wiki.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for a port of Ibara Kuro Black Label. Goddamn that game is fantastic, spent way too much money on that machine back when it came out. I still go back to it whenever I hit up the arcade which has lots of shooters, if that gets ported I'll need no other shooting games.

Edit: Now this I can agree with! :)

icecream

Public Health Threat
adversesolutions said:
I doubt they can patch half the problems that are currently listed on the glitch Wiki.
It's completely possible. If the complaints are strong, they'll get to it, it may take forever, but they will. Look at RFA and its situation.

Regardless of your disappointment, it's no excuse to rag on the company as a whole.

kenji

shouldn't there be a review for arc rise fantasia? the game come out in 2 days

don't tell me that other than it didn't recevie any kind of marketing, it didn't even have any review :lol

billy.sea

Banned
Isn't Rockstar Table Tennis for Wii announced a looooooog time ago? Did the game come out already or it never actually released?

t3nmilez

adversesolutions said:
x Freezes in second loop of white label and black label, rendering high scoring runs useless
x Useless training mode for each stage which starts you out at minimum power, no power-ups, meaning you can't actually practice the stages individually (PS2 version you could)
x Awful load times, awful menus
x Quirky and ham-handed leaderboards
x Replays do NOT work
x Tate mode does not take effect until you get into an actual game, forcing you to crick your head over while navigating the hori menus
x X-mode renders all achievement pointless grindfests

Enough for you? Seriously, PORTS DON'T GET MUCH WORSE.

Stop getting on my back about DOJ. It's one of my favorite games ever, and 5pb fucked the port up. They knew what they were releasing but did it anyways. I doubt they can patch half the problems that are currently listed on the glitch Wiki.

Question is, would you notice this stuff if it wasn't for the glitch Wiki? I've hit second loop of black label and it didn't freeze on me, and I've downloaded replays without a problem, so maybe they're not consistent bugs.

I'm not saying that it's not a problem, but most of this stuff either doesn't affect me or I don't care enough about it to not play the game, I still enjoy playing the core game, even with these issues (most which are related to the interface). Maybe ignorance is bliss, but whatever, it's not going to stop me from playing Ketsui or other games 5pb puts out. The core game is still there, and it'll still be fun for me. Seems pointless to get so stressed out about these things to the point where you don't enjoy the game anymore. I've played plenty of arcade ports of questionable authenticity and enjoyed them. Saying that ports don't get much worse makes me think you haven't played that many, especially during earlier eras.

I also think the menus look sexy.

Aeana

kenji said:
shouldn't there be a review for arc rise fantasia? the game come out in 2 days

don't tell me that other than it didn't recevie any kind of marketing, it didn't even have any review :lol
The game's release date is revealed in 2 days.

lupin23rd

Really hope Bayonetta is still coming to the PS3, but Famitsu hasn't been shy about posting lots of PS3 games in the Cancelled section and so far doesn't look like it is so fingers still crossed.

t3nmilez said:
Question is, would you notice this stuff if it wasn't for the glitch Wiki? I've hit second loop of black label and it didn't freeze on me, and I've downloaded replays without a problem, so maybe they're not consistent bugs.

Well, I would probably notice the second loop bugs way too late, for instance after I had done a good scoring run to 2-3 or so and then all of a sudden the game glitches and I lose my score. Frankly that would really piss me off.

How far did you get in the second loop? I think up to 2-2 most people have been ok. Also, the replays you downloaded, did they play correctly? I've heard people talking about replays where the ship constantly bombs and then just dies. Obviously something going haywire there.

I'm not saying that it's not a problem, but most of this stuff either doesn't affect me or I don't care enough about it to not play the game, I still enjoy playing the core game, even with these issues (most which are related to the interface). Maybe ignorance is bliss, but whatever, it's not going to stop me from playing Ketsui or other games 5pb puts out. The core game is still there, and it'll still be fun for me. Seems pointless to get so stressed out about these things to the point where you don't enjoy the game anymore. I've played plenty of arcade ports of questionable authenticity and enjoyed them. Saying that ports don't get much worse makes me think you haven't played that many, especially during earlier eras.

I also think the menus look sexy.

Again, I can't enjoy playing the core game until I know that a second loop score that I work really hard for will not be lost due to random shitty programming. If anything I prefer playing in the arcade, which I still have the privilege of being able to do.

Let me modify my statement: ports don't get much worse in this day and age. Look at Raiden IV. The product of tiny Moss, not even the best game. But the menus, modes, gallery, replay, leaderboards everything work perfectly! There were a few issues that Moss eventually patched but they were nothing compared to this game. Even Shikigami no Shiro III, one of the first J shmups on the 360 had leaderboard issues at first but everything else worked perfectly.

Comparing this port to any other shooter on the 360 shows the lack of real effort put towards it.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how well CAVE does with Deathsmiles. I have a feeling this is finally the shmup port we've all been waiting for. Hopefully they will be successful and then we can see a flood of good CAVE ports afterward, with 5pb far away from the controls.

duckroll

Tain said:
Has Mamoru always been 360-confirmed? Is that a new announcement?

It's a new announcement, but I think it's safe to say that every single shooter port from the arcades will be 360 in Japan.

Daante

lupin23rd said:
Really hope Bayonetta is still coming to the PS3, but Famitsu hasn't been shy about posting lots of PS3 games in the Cancelled section and so far doesn't look like it is so fingers still crossed.

Wait have i missed something here? , there is a rumor going that it aint coming to PS3??!
Makes no sense whatsoever to not release this game on BOTH PS3 and 360.

jj984jj

xfactor said:
Altus just announced the cancellation of their 3 handheld games!
[NDS]Choro Q DS
[PSP]EX Jinsei Game
[PSP]Touge MAX
Those were just cancelled? I thought their Choro Q and Jinsei Game titles were canned years ago. Oh well, no real loss here.

xfactor said:
Mamonoro, Harvest Moon and BlazBlue are the new titles announced in Famitsu today
And FMA Wii. I hope someone picks up Mamonoro for the west.

xfactor

Banned
Daante said:
Wait have i missed something here? , there is a rumor going that it aint coming to PS3??!
Makes no sense whatsoever to not release this game on BOTH PS3 and 360.

The game title didn't appear in the PS3 section on the Game Index page of Famitsu Weekly this week, but it was listed under 360, unlike all other multiplatform games.

Jonnyram

Oh FFS, stop being clowns.
Bayonetta 360 version is featured in a section of upcoming games to watch out for on each platform, but it is also confirmed to be coming to PS3 in the same feature.

t3nmilez

Oh wow, I just saw a picture for Mamoru and realized it's a game I used to play in arcades for awhile before they got rid of it. Awesome game, plays like a new Pocky & Rocky game (not like that Ki Ki Kai Kai world crap). Can't wait for it to be released!

Ashour

AniHawk said:
Well, I mean you could try to start off like normal, play like a good guy, but you could poison neighboring crops, try to force the town to rely on you. And then you can expand into other businesses as you become more and more influential. Maybe as an MMO.

Or maybe you can grow weed and drugs and sell it to people, then raise animals and sell it for use in black magic rituals.

Hero of Legend said:
Then HM can finally show where the babies come from...

:lol

Pachael

Ashour said:
Or maybe you can grow weed and drugs and sell it to people, then raise animals and sell it for use in black magic rituals.
:lol

All of a sudden I want to play a GTA set in the South as a farmer who plants weed on the side to sell to others and stuff. It'd be awesome

jj984jj

Tailzo said:
Does it say anything about a new Monster Hunter for psp?

edit Wait, was that last issue? I might also be totally wrong. Sorry if I'm wrong.
There was an interview with Inafune in the last issue hinting at more Monster Hunter for PSP, nothing was announced.

Johann

AniHawk said:
Well, I mean you could try to start off like normal, play like a good guy, but you could poison neighboring crops, try to force the town to rely on you. And then you can expand into other businesses as you become more and more influential. Maybe as an MMO.

Harvest Moon: There Will Be Blood?

It actually doesn't sound half bad.

Dascu

TunaLover said:
How it looks? damn, I can´t find them =´(
If it's the one I found, then it's just a tiny little scan showing a cutscene or something. Not worth the trouble.

Top Bottom