• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 04 Mar 2009

lupinko

Kagari said:
It was always arcade only...

Actually fun fact, before it was even announced for Arcade, the game was originally announced for PS3 back in 2005, it was listed in the Japanese games development list as "BB" for Arc System Works.

Cherubae

There are too many HM games ;p

Animal March was just released Nov 1 and now they're already pumping out a 3rd Wii version, let alone that a DS version came out in December (it's not that great) and a new PSP version is coming in March, plus Natsume's Frantic Farming in May or so. It's getting ridiculous.

Jinsei games are fun. It's too bad they'll never be released in English :( I'm sure Hasbro has something to do with that.

neo2046

Moor-Angol said:
Thanks neo :)

Mamoru-kun has already a release date ?

Hope it's set for a summer release at least...
Mamoru
- June 2009
- 6,279 Yen
- Graphic complete renewal
- Story Mode
- Additional Character (Download Contents)
- TATE mode ( rotate the game's display by ninety degrees)
- Limited Edition (game + OST + strategy guide book 8,925 Yen)

neo2046

Blazblue
- PS3/360
- Summer release
- online vs mode
- there is plan for DLC
- grand strory mode (multiple choice branch route, over 30 hours gameplay)
- Anime scene that produced by GONZO
- Full Voice

1. 壮大なストーリーモードでアーケード版の謎が解ける

使用キャラ12名それぞれの物語を用意。アーケード版で語られなかったカグツチに集う理由やアーケード版以降の物語などが明らかになります。選択肢によってストーリーが分岐し、エンディングが変化。

2. アニメムービーはアニメ制作会社GONZOによるもの セリフはフルボイス

3. アーケード版で一部ボスキャラに用意されていたアストラルヒートを全員に追加

4. PS3版・Xbox360版ともネット対応

ともにオンライン対戦対応。観戦にランキングなど、対戦以外の楽しみも用意。ダウンロードコンテンツも配信予定。

また、ゼネラルディレクター森氏とディレクター山中氏のインタビューが掲載されています。インタビューの概要をまとめますと、

・ストーリーモードは普通にプレイするだけでも30時間以上はかかる。

・ストーリー分岐は戦闘結果による分岐もあるが、アドベンチャーゲームのように選択肢による分岐が多い。

・物語を楽しみたい、キャラクターを楽しみたいという人が最後まで遊べるように配慮。

・ストーリーモードの戦闘形式は、選択によって何らかの制約を受けながら戦う場合があるとのこと。体力が少ない状態で戦うとか、カルルなら人形が使えない状態で戦うなど。

・ネットワーク対戦は問題なく動いている。『バトルファンタジア』のノウハウがあるため。

・ダウンロードコンテンツは、コアゲーマー向けから初心者でも楽しめるモノなど、いろいろ用意する予定。

IGN has the info on FMA and HM:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Prince of the Dawn:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/959/959141p1.html

Square Enix is reaching into the vault to revive the Fullmetal Alchemist license for one more video game adaptation. As detailed in this week's Famitsu, Wii will be getting Fullmetal Alchemist: Prince of the Dawn, with a Japanese release planned for summer, presumably to coincide with the start of a new Fullmetal Alchemist anime series.

Prince of Dawn promises an original story that connects directly with the original comic. Players take control of main characters Edward and Alphonse and move about Central City, speaking to people and attempting to unravel the mysteries of a certain incident.

Different from the action-heavy PlayStation 2 Fullmetal Alchemist games, this one looks like it's going to be a pure adventure game. While you do move a tiny version of your character around on a map of Central City, the focus appears to be on interacting with people through three basic commands: speak, look, and touch.

Square Enix appears to have put some time into the game's technology. The character designs of the new anime series have been recreated in full 3D models that are said to look just like show, with a variety of expressions.

While Fullmetal Alchemist is a big franchise all over the world, the nature of this title suggests a Japan-only release. We'll let you know if we hear otherwise.

Harvest Moon Series: Ranch Store:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/959/959139p1.html

The Harvest Moon series is seeing some big changes for its debut on WiiWare. Unveiled in this week's Famitsu is Bokujou Monogatari Series: Makiba no Omise. The Japanese speak can be roughly translated to Harvest Moon Series: Ranch Store.

As hinted at by the "series" in the title, this one is a bit different from past Harvest Moon games. While you can look forward to the farming and animal care of past titles, the focus this time is on shop management.

After selecting to play as either a boy or a girl, you create your very own shop and attempt to make it a success. You can create a variety of different shops, designing the interior and exterior to your liking. The game even lets you take a picture of your shop and send it out to friends on the Wii Message Board.

The magazine provides a look at three of the shops that you can open up in the game: a juice shop, where you turn your fruits and vegetables into juice, an ice cream parlor, where you turn freshly milked milk into soft cream, and an Easter egg shop, where you use eggs from your chickens along with stickers and paint that you've unlocked elsewhere in the game to create Easter eggs. The juice and ice cream are all made via mini games.

Harvest Moon fans have a lot of look forward to with this title. Characters from past Harvest Moon games will appear at your shop in the form of customers. By correctly taking their orders, you may be able to establish a strong relationship with them.

As with most WiiWare games, although it's just being announced, this new Harvest Moon title is almost at hand. Japan will get the game on April 28 at 1,500 Wii Points.

So FMA looks like some adventure game (point and click?), and the Harvest Moon game is for WiiWare, and is at the maximum price. :|

Just when I thought the Wii got some decent announcments for the first time this year aside from Mr. Driller W.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Lame!

Full Metal Alchemist Wii could have been so cool! I don't want to play FMA Touch Detective :(

lupinko

Ryu Hayabusa said:
A great person "obvious", but died with Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Katamari, Ace Combat, Tekken, Tale of...

Your move clown.

Jonnyram said:
Oh FFS, stop being clowns.
Bayonetta 360 version is featured in a section of upcoming games to watch out for on each platform, but it is also confirmed to be coming to PS3 in the same feature.

B.K.

Dreavus said:
Hell yeah, BlazBlue! This might be my first import ever.

You don't need to import. They just announced the English version on X-Play. It's coming this summer.

BlazBlue and Mamonoro ports get a big fat FUCK YEAH!
adversesolutions said:
x Freezes in second loop of white label and black label, rendering high scoring runs useless
x Useless training mode for each stage which starts you out at minimum power, no power-ups, meaning you can't actually practice the stages individually (PS2 version you could)
x Awful load times, awful menus
x Quirky and ham-handed leaderboards
x Replays do NOT work
x Tate mode does not take effect until you get into an actual game, forcing you to crick your head over while navigating the hori menus
x X-mode renders all achievement pointless grindfests

Enough for you? Seriously, PORTS DON'T GET MUCH WORSE.
The fact that the publisher has publicly apologized for messing up the port job gives me hope that they plan to address many of the most severe issues and releases an updated version. Fingers crossed.

neo2046

PS3 / Xbox360 BlazBlue screenshots
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222442_1407.html
ttp://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222442_1407.html

360 Mamonoro screenshots (Click to enlarge)
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222568_1407.html
ttp://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222568_1407.html

Wii Fullmetal Alchemist: Prince of the Dawn screenshots (Click to enlarge)
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222569_1407.html
ttp://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222569_1407.html

TT1M1X4W64ega9UqC9A21XpS8qJ1QHS4.jpg

WyI4oP28cvXyEQN7px417hXTO1lKk7Zz.jpg

Jr4T1lrHhneX6GF1l4RPCQt9ZKhb4EOs.jpg

neo2046 said:
PS3 / Xbox360 BlazBlue screenshots
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222442_1407.html
ttp://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222442_1407.html

360 Mamonoro screenshots (Click to enlarge)
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222568_1407.html
ttp://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222568_1407.html

Wii Fullmetal Alchemist: Prince of the Dawn screenshots (Click to enlarge)
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222569_1407.html
ttp://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222569_1407.html

I am getting Forbidden trying to access those links.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I was going to get one when I get my tax refund but turns out I was just replaced at my job.

I hope everything turns to be fine for you. Economics sucks nowadays.

I had the impression you already had a Japanese machine since you usually post in Japanese games threads.

Chiaroscuro said:
I had the impression you already had a Japanese machine since you usually post in Japanese games threads.

What can I say? Typically Japanese games are the only ones that interest me these days.

Top Bottom