• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 18 Mar 2009

Stormbringer said:
I've seen it. Here are the Wii games covered in this issue :

- Pikmin 2 Wii
- Winter Sports 2009
- Powerpro Baseball NEXT
- Tiger Woods 2009
- Bubble Bobble Wii
- My Sims Racing
- Animal Crossing Wii
- Monopoly

That's it.

Wow, that's sad. :(

EDarkness

Eteric Rice said:
That would imply that all consoles are dead, since the Wii is the home console market leader.

Market leader or no, a few months ago seemed like a lot of excitement surrounding the Wii. These days no one talks about it. I never really see people browsing the aisles. The local game shop I go to just moved the Wii section to the back of the store and the PS3 and PSP sections to the front. The DS section still has it's own space. Even the 360 section is close to the door.

Not many announcements for the system, lots of PS3 stuff, though. I think the third parties have thrown in their lot and it doesn't really include the Wii. Maybe that's temporary, but right now it's pretty glum. People I know joke about it a lot more than they used to, also. It's pretty sad. Something huge needs to happen and soon. Shame that it started off so strong, but this is really a low point for the system and it doesn't look to get any better anytime soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Monster Hunter crashes and burns also.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see it happen, but just going by the mood around here, unless Nintendo does something, it's only gonna get worse.

Aru

DB Kai RPG made by Monolith Soft ?
W00t ! Maybe we can expect something good (the story is brand new, too - aka not found in the anime and/or manga-).

Stormbringer said:
I've seen it. Here are the Wii games covered in this issue :

- Pikmin 2 Wii
- Winter Sports 2009
- Powerpro Baseball NEXT
- Tiger Woods 2009
- Bubble Bobble Wii
- My Sims Racing
- Animal Crossing Wii
- Monopoly

That's it.
Dang. I'm still waiting for some Crystal Bearer news. :( Thought the trailer coming out meant we were gonna be getting more updates soon but guess not.

Defuser

GoldandBlue said:
Dang. I'm still waiting for some Crystal Bearer news. :( Thought the trailer coming out meant we were gonna be getting more updates soon but guess not.
I think SE got other important games to care for this year instead of Crystal Bearers.

Father_Brain said:
Sounds like it's basically a $2 demo of the main game.

Probably will use it to lure more people to buy PSZ. The game dropped to $30 here in Japan already. The Raven creature is new though. So this might be something like a whole new level with new enemies and bosses. If I can use my PSZ character here, it'd be awesome.

EDarkness

Tailzo said:
That's surprising. I mean, it seems to sell well in the weekly sales threads. Could be temporary...

I hope so. I hate watching systems go down that path. It was sad with the PS3 had such horrible mindshare here. It's much better these days. The past few big named games are really helping in that department. I'm sure Nintendo is seeing this, and I hope they have a plan. When Sega killed the Dreamcast, I was bitter for a long time. I wonder if Wii owners in Japan are feeling that way now...?

Eteric Rice

EDarkness said:
I hope so. I hate watching systems go down that path. It was sad with the PS3 had such horrible mindshare here. It's much better these days. The past few big named games are really helping in that department. I'm sure Nintendo is seeing this, and I hope they have a plan. When Sega killed the Dreamcast, I was bitter for a long time. I wonder if Wii owners in Japan are feeling that way now...?

We'll see at E3/GDC I suppose.

Either way, there isn't much left to come for the PS3 or 360 in the future (aside from western games I guess). Hopefully the Wii can pick up a bit then. Nintendo really needs to secure some exclusives, because it's obvious Japanese developers need more convincing.

Link1110

Tenbatsu said:
Lol??
123734203501.jpg
...They're charging for a demo?

Mirimar said:
Wasn't there a demo of this on JPSN? I believe you're able to do some hilarious things in it, coming from the demo thread. You're given several options on what to do with people you meet. IE instead of helping someone from falling off a ledge, you can take their Santa hat :lol

wait, co-op ? sigh.. why this isn't on psn..

Link

The Autumn Wind
Damn, look at all those Wii announcements! HD sure is doomed in Japan now that publishers know what's up!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Link said:
Damn, look at all those Wii announcements! HD sure is doomed in Japan now that publishers know what's up!

Wii got a game announced last week that will most likely sell more than anything announced for the HD twins this week.

Link

The Autumn Wind
schuelma said:
Wii got a game announced last week that will most likely sell more than anything announced for the HD twins this week.
You're putting a lot of faith in a sequel to a spin-off that sold less than 200k to begin with, especially with the downward slide the Wii's been on. I think a new Gundam game can easily sell more than that.

I'm also not only referring to this week. The past several weeks have seen lots of announcements for the PS3/360, with pretty much nothing for the Wii. That's in pretty stark contrast to what you and others kept claiming would happen this year.

People just have to accept that companies don't want to make Wii games. Quite frankly, it turns out they don't have to. Eventually, consumers will take the hint, as we can see in Japan.

schuelma

Link said:
You're putting a lot of faith in a sequel to a spin-off that sold less than 200k to begin with, especially with the downward slide the Wii's been on. I think a new Gundam game can easily sell more than that.

I'm also not only referring to this week. The past several weeks have seen lots of announcements for the PS3/360, with pretty much nothing for the Wii. That's in pretty stark contrast to what you and others kept claiming would happen this year.

People just have to accept that companies don't want to make Wii games. Quite frankly, it turns out they don't have to. Eventually, consumers will take the hint, as we can see in Japan.

RE:UC did well over 250K and showed very good legs for the type of title it was.

What other big announcements have been announced this year for the HD twins? (in terms of Japanese centric games)

schuelma said:
RE:UC did well over 250K and showed very good legs for the type of title it was.

What other big announcements have been announced this year for the HD twins? (in terms of Japanese centric games)

It's not just "big announcements," though - that Atelier PS3 game, for instance, is the sort of niche project that much of Media-Create-GAF would have expected to see on Wii, at least 12-18 months ago.

Link

The Autumn Wind
schuelma said:

First, as Father_Brain said, I never said big announcements, though it's not like Wii has seen any of those, either. Just in the last few weeks, since I couldn't be bothered to keep going back further:

For HD:

Kidou Senki Gundam Senki
Ninja Gaiden Σ2
Atelier Rorona
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Lost Planet 2

For Wii:

Biohazard: Dark Side Chronicles

I won't even bother listing all the PSP games announced lately, because then it would just get embarrassing. Bottom line is, if publishers don't want to invest in an HD game, they'd rather go to the PSP than the Wii.

jeremy1456

Link said:
I won't even bother listing all the PSP games announced lately, because then it would just get embarrassing. Bottom line is, if publishers don't want to invest in an HD game, they'd rather go to the PSP than the Wii.

On the topic of PSP games the announcements all seem geared toward games with low international appeal that will probably never leave Japan.

PSP software is doing really well there though, and it's good to see developers responding to it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
jeremy1456 said:
On the topic of PSP games the announcements all seem geared toward games with low international appeal that will probably never leave Japan.
And everything with international appeal is being put on the HD consoles.

schuelma

Link said:
First, as Father_Brain said, I never said big announcements, though it's not like Wii has seen any of those, either. Just in the last few weeks, since I couldn't be bothered to keep going back further:

For HD:

Kidou Senki Gundam Senki
Ninja Gaiden Σ2
Atelier Rorona
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Lost Planet 2

For Wii:

Biohazard: Dark Side Chronicles

Ok..3 of those games were announced this week. Another is an arcade port that was never going to be able to come to Wii anyways, and the other is Lost Planet 2, which isn't being made for any Japanese audience I'm aware of. You can't just cherry pick one week of magazine news and make a blanket statement that 3rd parties have abandoned the Wii.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Two were announced this week, and I fail to see how it matters when zero were announced for the Wii. As was said, if you're looking for strictly "Japanese" games, those aren't on the Wii either.

If you want to keep on believing that Japanese publishers are going to focus on the Wii rather than the HD consoles, go right ahead and keep making rules and restrictions about what "counts." In the meantime, absolutely nothing is being announced for the Wii.

schuelma

Link said:
In the meantime, absolutely nothing is being announced for the Wii.

I'll refer back to my original post..how can you possibly ignore RE: DC? That was announced last week and is a sequel to a game that did over 250K. Whether you're excited about the game or not, you're completely ignoring a relatively big announcement which was a mere week ago.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Aside from the fact that most of us really don't seem to care about it, it's also a lightgun game, which is pretty much the only genre the Wii is getting lately, and that's only because publishers don't need to worry about packing in their own lightgun for it.

schuelma

Link said:
Aside from the fact that most of us really don't seem to care about it, it's also a lightgun game, which is pretty much the only genre the Wii is getting lately, and that's only because publishers don't need to worry about packing in their own lightgun for it.

"go right ahead and keep making rules and restrictions about what "counts.""

Riiiiiight

The Game Index of this week's issue is out.

No new Wii games again.

I managed to make out the Wii games in this order:

Muramasa
Power Pro NEXT
Haruhi
007 Quantum of Solace
Major Minor's Majestic March

Muramasa and MMM are in the pages past 200, so they may be getting reviewed, not to mention they come out in about a week or two.

Link

The Autumn Wind
jeremy1456 said:
:lol

I was with you at first Link, but now you're just grasping at straws.
You guys are more than welcome to cling to the one game that's been announced for the Wii in the past two months or so. Clearly that shift is coming sooner or later!

I'm just going to let the Famitsu threads do the talking from now on.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
[PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable 9888

Really?! I can't imagine it would translate that well to a PSP. Also, it has no fucking infrastructure!!

markatisu

Link said:
I'm just going to let the Famitsu threads do the talking from now on.

Please so we dont have to hear your pessimistic ass in every single Wii thread saying the console is going to drop dead

Top Bottom