• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 18 Mar 2009

xfactor

Banned
[NDS] Gaitame Baibai Trainer: Kabutore FX 7777
[NDS] Inu Kaisha DS 6677
[NDS] Space Invaders Extreme 2 8876
[NDS] Metal Fight Beyblade DS 5756
[NDS] Keitai Sousakan 7 DS: Buddy Sequence DS 6565
[NDS] Toudou Ryuunosuke Tantei Nikki: Aen no Koufune 6665
[NDS] Nintama Rantarou: Nintama no Tame no Ninjutsu Training 5656
[PSP] Sengoku Tenka Touitsu 5655
[PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable 9888

[Wii] James Bond: Quantum of Solace 6756
[PS2] James Bond: Quantum of Solace 7777
[PS3/360] James Bond: Quantum of Solace 7877

[PS2] NBA 2K9 6675
[PS3/360] NBA 2K9 7776

[PS2] Sengoku Tenka Touitsu 5645
[PS2] Vitamin Z 6777

New Info/Titles

Kidou Senki Gundam Senki PS3
- 60% done
- cooperative and network options
- brand new original story and scenario mode
- scenario mode will feature the exact same characters revealed in Gundam Ace as well as the RX-78-7
- HD animation with a hybrid of 3D models and 2D character animation.

NINJA GAIDEN Σ2 PS3
- info here
- 50% done
- new weapon
- Ayane playable

My World My Way PSP
- DS port
- voice acting, new character
- spring release

Persona PSP
- Improved interface
- faster battle speed

Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 PSP
- online co-op play

Phantasy Star Zero MINI DSi
- DSiware
- March
- 200 DSi points
- wi-fi co-op up to 4 players
- info here

Dante's Inferno PS3/360 confirmed for Japan release

Umihara Kawase DS release date postponed

Utawarerumono Portable PSP release date postponed to May 28, 5040 yen (7329 yen for LE)

Dragon Ball Kai: Saiyajin Raishuu for DS to be made by Monolith Soft

People attending GDC:
Nintendo - Satoru Iwata
Konami - Hideo Kojima
L5 - Hino Akihiro
Namco - Keita Takahashi
SCE - Fumito Ueda
Grasshopper - Goichi Suda
CC2 - Hiroshi Matsuyama

I don't think you can link to site with scans, just telling ya.

And Phantasy Star Zero mini? interesting, it's a totally new game or somekind of complement for the main game?.

I don't understand what PS0 Mini is at all @_@

is it just like a really small budget downloadable game that you can somehow link with PS0?

Mirimar

inner-G said:
Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 PSP
- online co-op play

o_O looks interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFTYrYblTo

survival adventure/j-fallout?

Wasn't there a demo of this on JPSN? I believe you're able to do some hilarious things in it, coming from the demo thread. You're given several options on what to do with people you meet. IE instead of helping someone from falling off a ledge, you can take their Santa hat :lol

Relaxed Muscle said:
I don't think you can link to site with scans, just telling ya.

And Phantasy Star Zero mini? interesting, it's a totally new game or somekind of complement for the main game?.

Sounds like it's basically a $2 demo of the main game.

rykomatsu

Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
Release Date: 6/25
~100 items to craft
2D/3D hybrid system
3D appears to be cell shaded
Icon encounters (dunno what they're called here...you walk into monster models to initiate battles...not random encounters)

rykomatsu said:
Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
Release Date: 6/25
~100 items to craft
2D/3D hybrid system
3D appears to be cell shaded
Icon encounters (dunno what they're called here...you walk into monster models to initiate battles...not random encounters)

I'm still surprised by how good the 3D looks (from what little is shown). I really wasn't expecting that out of Gust.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My World My Way port? I fear it will look even shittier on the PSP screen, unless they touch up the graphics.

Durante

rykomatsu said:
So, the same system as AI3 and Mana Khemia?

Btw, are those Rorona "scans" people are talking about more accurately referred to as "shitty photographs"? Because then I found them :lol

rykomatsu

SolidSnakex said:
I'm still surprised by how good the 3D looks (from what little is shown). I really wasn't expecting that out of Gust.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony or possibly Namco lent them a hand or found an outsourced studio that works well with Gust. It looks like maybe the eternal sonata or tov engine might be used for the char models? I guess we'll get a better idea tonight (if better scans pop up) or next week...

looking forward to this title immensely.

Durante said:
So, the same system as AI3 and Mana Khemia?

Btw, are those Rorona "scans" people are talking about more accurately referred to as "shitty photographs"? Because then I found them :lol

yeah...i never played the iris series (i'm guessing AI = atelier iris?) so can't comment on that, but Mana Khemia/ToV-like. And yeah they're also the "shitty photographs" :| High rez stuff usually crops up around tuesday night/wed. morning i think (US time)

Tenbatsu

Lol??
123734203501.jpg

Anything else in the issue? Wii games perhaps? Like I keep saying, for a console that's the market leader, it sure is low on high profile game announcements these days. :(

Eteric Rice

Hero of Legend said:
Anything else in the issue? Wii games perhaps? Like I keep saying, for a console that's the market leader, it sure is low on high profile game announcements these days. :(

Yeah, I know. :/

Narcosis

Hero of Legend said:

It's a Japanese-centric mag, so take a look at the market leaders that matter to their readership and the coverage is appropriate. DS and PSP dominate all.

test_account

XP-39C²
xfactor said:
[Wii] James Bond: Quantum of Solace 6756
[PS2] James Bond: Quantum of Solace 7777
What is the reason for that the PS2 version is getting a higher review score than the Wii version?

xfactor

Banned
Hero of Legend said:

There is bunch of new titles for the DS, but they are uninteresting titles like a cook book and sudoku game

xfactor said:
There is bunch of new titles for the DS, but they are uninteresting titles like a cook book and sudoku game

But nothing for Wii? I did see MySims Racing in one scan, but that's it.

Have you seen the Game Index by any chance?

test_account said:
What is the reason for that the PS2 version is getting a higher review score than the Wii version?

I just checked IGN's review, according to them the PS2 version of the game is the best version of it across all platforms. It's also a 3rd person shooter instead of a FPS like the other games. It actually looks pretty nice

quantum-of-solace-20081111031007927.jpg

markatisu

Hero of Legend said:

DS is the market leader in Japan, followed by the PSP. There was a lot of DS and PSP announcements for the market leaders

Or did we all forget that Japan is a predominately handheld nation now regardless of how GAF tries to say NDS and PSP are not game consoles

test_account

XP-39C²
Tiduz said:
Better controls.

i wouldnt know
Ye, maybe :) I dont know either, so i am just curious :)

SolidSnakex said:
I just checked IGN's review, according to them the PS2 version of the game is the best version of it across all platforms. It's also a 3rd person shooter instead of a FPS like the other games. It actually looks pretty nice

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/928/928729/quantum-of-solace-20081111031007927.jpg
Ah ok, i had no idea that the PS2 and the Wii version were different. Thanks for the info! :)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
test_account said:

The Wii version is total shit.

xfactor

Banned
Hero of Legend said:

I didn't see any Game Index for this week =/

test_account

XP-39C²
VOOK said:
The Wii version is total shit.
Ok, i havnt played it myself, so i dont know :) But if the PS2 and the Wii version of James Bond: Quantum of Solace is different (where the PS2 version is a 3rd person shooter while the Wii version is a 1st person shooter), then i can see why the score is abit different between the PS2 and the Wii version of this game :)

Hero of Legend said:

I've seen it. Here are the Wii games covered in this issue :

- Pikmin 2 Wii
- Winter Sports 2009
- Powerpro Baseball NEXT
- Tiger Woods 2009
- Bubble Bobble Wii
- My Sims Racing
- Animal Crossing Wii
- Monopoly

That's it.

xfactor

Banned
Stormbringer said:

- Pikmin 2 Wii
- Winter Sports 2009
- Powerpro Baseball NEXT
- Tiger Woods 2009
- Bubble Bobble Wii
- My Sims Racing
- Animal Crossing Wii
- Monopoly

That's it.

ahh yes, now that I see these games, I remember that I actually seen the game index, lol

is posting scan of game index allowed here?

Tenbatsu

Stormbringer said:

- Pikmin 2 Wii
- Winter Sports 2009
- Powerpro Baseball NEXT
- Tiger Woods 2009
- Bubble Bobble Wii
- My Sims Racing
- Animal Crossing Wii
- Monopoly

That's it.