• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu June 2 2010

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ULTROS! said:
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is in Famitsu. No details.

Namco Bandai having a conference eh?
Tales of Vesperia PS3 pls

Didn't that already happen?

Cep

Banned
Kagari said:
Pffffffft ahahahahaha, you're so funny.
More importantly, Tales of Festival is on the 5th.

New Tales game incoming?
If it is not 2d and on a console, I am not interested.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ULTROS! said:
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is in Famitsu. No details.

Namco Bandai having a conference eh?
Tales of Vesperia PS3 pls
Given that they won't even localize Graces, I think the odds of them localizing Vesperia PS3 are probably worse than the odds of them returning to profitability.

Cep

Banned
Nirolak said:
Given that they won't even localize Graces, I think the odds of them localizing Vesperia PS3 are probably worse than their chances of returning to profitability.

Oh yeah, I forgot that they are bleeding cash right now.

Stupid scamco...

Tenbatsu

Lazy to start a new thread. New DSi LL colors and price reduction for DS(s).
photo.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2010/100602.html

DS
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/index.html

Nintendo revamped their site too.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/index.html

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cep said:
New Tales game incoming?
If it is not 2d and on a console, I am not interested.

There's been rumors circulating 2ch. Guess we'll find out this week.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hero of Legend said:
Can you say?
The popular rumor is Tales of Unitia for PS3.

I'm not sure why people are excited though given the odds of localization.

Well, I guess people who import RPGs will still be happy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wish they used Tales of Floweria instead
lol

Jonnyram

Kagari said:
The original rumor dated that PSP Tales of Phantasia thing and also listed a PS3 Tales due this December.
Since then, a retail listing popped up for said PSP game and the date was exactly the same as what was said in the original rumor... so... perhaps there is something real to said original rumor after all.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/01/tales-of-phantasia-narikiri-dungeon-cross-release-date-leaked/
The link you posted doesn't say anything about a PS3 Tales.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:
This must be a new record for Nintendo. A month to go an not a single piece of information minus a couple sentences.
Fire Emblem is just as bad, if not worse since it's a FE game and not a Wii ___ game.

A Team Symphonia game for the PS3 would make sense.

Would be interesting to see them make a PSP or 3DS game. Interesting, but not preferred.

TS games are the only ones we're more or less guaranteed to get in America. Can't "waste" those opportunities.

ivysaur12 said:
This must be a new record for Nintendo. A month to go an not a single piece of information minus a couple sentences.
What about this do you desperately need to know that you won't know before release

duckroll

Kagari said:
The original rumor dated that PSP Tales of Phantasia thing and also listed a PS3 Tales due this December.
Since then, a retail listing popped up for said PSP game and the date was exactly the same as what was said in the original rumor... so... perhaps there is something real to said original rumor after all.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/01/tales-of-phantasia-narikiri-dungeon-cross-release-date-leaked/

I explained in the previous thread why the date for Narikiri Dungeon X was probably real, but why the rumor itself was false. I don't think I need to repeat it again. :p

jeremy1456

I'm willing to bet that Graces will be localized. Maybe it's just blind hope though...

E3 is not the place where Namco would announce a Tales game. This Tales festival though...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kagari said:
More importantly, Tales of Festival is on the 5th.
You mean the annual festival of cheesy skits, information that Jump & Famitsu already revealed (fyi, that would be this issue then) and the occasional gameplay trailer? Its never been host to a new game announcement or anything more interesting than a trailer. I mean it could happen, but its Namco Bandai, so why get one's hopes up?

Cep said:
So how many months before them will we receive the game?

Nintendo moved the date to August 31st for the US. I think we are getting it first it seems. ZOMG?

E3 is in a few weeks...so we'll see.

Holy shit I need to finish my games >_<.

Sin & Punishment 2 is coming out in the US this month omg...

Holy shit 3DS debut soon...WTF did the time go!?

Equus Bellator Apex

ULTROS! said:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/02/flying_get/

- K-On! Gets a game Conversion ~ PSP as mentioned
- Trinity Zill O'll Zero Gets a Date ~ September
- Crafts & Meister Does Wii
- New White Knight Chronicles 2 Details ~ Customizable Knight
- Square Enix's New WiiWare Games - "Kumanage: The Blue Gems That Kiina Hates Battle Version" and "Kumanage The Red Candy That Piina Likes Puzzle Version." - 1000 WiiPoints each.
- EA, Capcom, Tecmo Koei, Konami, Square Enix, Sega and Ubisoft will have surprises at the show. Only Namco Bandai and Bethesda chose the punk route and listed "secret" under the surprise category.
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on Famitsu. No details.

Xenoblade - 9/9/9/9
Rockman Zero Collection - 8/8/7/7
Just Cause 2 PS3 - 9/9/8/8
Just Cause 2 360 - 9/9/8/8
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City PS3 - 9/8/8/8
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 360 - 9/8/8/8

Will update eventually
drakehappy.gif

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
AniHawk said:
so is this the first time the ds has had a price drop in 5 years?
And it only took two price increases to get to this point.
Has there ever been a system with the main SKU selling for 10% higher then launch price 5 years after?

At this rate, Wii will be cheaper then NDS in 2 years.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Althoran said:
That is really good news for Xenoblade. Now let's hope it will sell well.

Hopefully it does more than 150k. Last week's Famitsu ranked Xenoblade as #3 in the most wanted section. #1 being MHP3 and #2 being DQX

Dascu

Earth Seeker's art looks really nice. Never heard of the dev or the publisher though, so I guess I'd better keep my hopes low?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
JonStark said:
Why wouldn't they localise Grace ? It's on one of the most installed platform, wich lacks somehow rpgs ?
To be fair, neither of these facts stopped the other Tales games from bombing horribly. Plus its not like the Wii is filled with 3rd party success stories (at least for anything closely related to a RPG).

Realistically though, if we don't get Graces its because Namco has given up on the Tales series and/or the Wii (Well, that and the fact that they're broke & had to layoff 10% of their workforce).

Top Bottom