• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - May 27 2009 (new MGS title announced!)

PC Gaijin

Member
Oct 18, 2004
1,154
1
0
I was wondering when SE was going to get around to porting FFXI to PS3. Hope it turns out better than their terrible 360 port, but I don't have much expectation that it will.
 

justchris

Member
Dec 13, 2006
3,325
0
0
Nashville, TN
NMH2 is looking pretty good already. Fantastic art direction, and looks like the actual graphic work may be better than the original.

I'd like to hear what the reviewers said about Arc Rise Fantasia, as well.
 

Akai

Member
Feb 14, 2005
2,512
0
0
33
World 2-3
AceBandage said:
I see a serious lack of NMH2 information being translated.
Don't make me trust my force and go into the Garden of Madness on you.
>:O
Scans are too small...Basically the only crap I can get from it is the two-blade fighting style (obvious), Bishop (the Beef Head guy) gets in trouble with some gun-toting goons, and Nathan Copeland appears to be ranked 50...Yeah, 50...
 

AceBandage

Banned
Mar 22, 2007
35,549
0
0
Akai said:
Scans are too small...Basically the only crap I can get from it is the two-blade fighting style (obvious), Bishop (the Beef Head guy) gets in trouble with some gun-toting goons, and Nathan Copeland appears to be ranked 50...Yeah, 50...

Sounds awesome. Many thanks.
:D
50...
Hmm. I doubt there will be 50 fights... but....
 

oneHeero

Member
Nov 1, 2007
5,538
0
0
San Antonio, Tx
Pai Pai Master said:
Or it'd just double it. XD
lol I'd be so up for this, it would be awesome to use it for small stuff like crafting, gardening, putting stuff on ah and solo missions. I wouldnt try getting into a party though, I could see myself missing all the skillchains lol.
 

sphinx

the piano man
Nov 21, 2006
15,739
0
1,350
Germany
could the new MGS title be the new MGS4, titled "Oxide" appearing on PS3 ( and maybe on 360 if rumors are true) ??
 

Neat Machine

Member
Jun 2, 2007
8,579
31
915
Pai Pai Master said:
Can we get Remote Play for FFXI PS3 please? :D
Oh God...

I'd start playing XI a lot more. Looking forward to the port regardless, I've been dabbling back in FFXI a bit but this will be a good reason to devote more time to it.
 

bdouble

Member
Sep 5, 2007
3,151
0
0
Damn NMH:DS looks so good. Just me or can you really tell the visuals are much better than the first. Really doesn't matter with all that cool shit they added. Can't wait to see what they did to improve the combat. Please stay basically the same. Still fap material and can not wait.
 

nelsonroyale

Member
Sep 16, 2006
21,981
0
0
FFXI ps3?

???

....

Interested to how well quantum mechanics are represented in Quantum Theory....Hopefully they will do Plank proud
 

SolidSnakex

Member
Jun 7, 2004
85,527
1
0
sphinx said:
well.. I mean the next MGS4, you know the obligatory director's cut (susbtance, subsistance, etc.. ). Could it be it?
It doesn't seem like there's going to be an expansion going by the website teaser and Famitsu news.
 

zoukka

Member
Nov 18, 2006
36,171
0
940
Finland
Flying_Phoenix said:
[Wii] Arc Rise Fantasia 8,8,8,8

Well at least this Wii RPG seems to be of quality unlike a certain other one.
When did Famitsu's score matter? I'd rather believe IGN :lol
 

Ashour

Member
Dec 14, 2008
6,396
0
0
I wasn't hyped about the Kojima announcement but now I am. E3 can't get here soon enough.
 

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jul 1, 2008
72,887
2
0
Philippines
Hospital scan shows Mira Kirishiwa, who is later known as Naomi/Nazomi Weaver in TC: Second Opinion. I wonder how Hospital fits in here.
 

jesusraz

Member
Apr 27, 2006
2,402
0
0
37
Manchester, England
www.cubed3.com
Fantastic news about the Nanashi no Game sequel. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and was pleased to see it eventually scraped its way to ~60,000 (as of Sept 08 - so it could actually be higher now). Hopefully more stock will be pumped out first week this time and sales will be strong enough for S-E to consider a Wii version as well.

Is there much about it in this week's Famitsu, or was it merely listed on the New Releases section?
 

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Oct 8, 2007
20,880
0
1,035
Edinburgh / Taipei
Belfast said:
Man, Big Boss looks fucking badass right there. So if it has to do with Raiden, maybe it'll be during the era when he was a kid soldier?
I hate to be this thread's Official MGS Storyline Expert, but Raiden was a child soldier under Solidus' command in the 1990s. Big Boss was a mercenary in Africa during the 1970s and 1980s.

With that said I'm hoping it's a prequel that details Big Boss getting the MGS-era members of FOXHOUND together (you know, like Sniper Wolf, Psycho Mantis, Decoy Octopus, etc).

Either way, as long as it's as polished as MGS4 then I'll be all over it.
 

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jun 7, 2004
13,294
1,467
1,850
Darkpen said:
To have a quick PS2++ port like the Xbox 360 one (screwed by having the disc always spinning worsening the experience over what PS2 offered really) I do not know if PS3 would be that well served with a FFXI port.

It is not a bad game by any account... but I would like it to get a good port instead of another rushjob...
 

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jun 8, 2004
43,347
1
1,645
Continued caginess regarding which playstation platform this MGS game is for + 'sooness' after MGS4 = PSP game. Unfortunately, for me :|

If it was for PS3 I'm pretty sure they'd just say as much.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,000
Ye, i was thinking that this new MGS game would come out for the PSP due to the increased popularity of the PSP in Japan during the last 1-2 years or so. This new MGS game might be released worldwide though, and the PSP software sales doesnt seem to be exactly too good in other parts in the world :\
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
gofreak said:
Continued caginess regarding which playstation platform this MGS game is for + 'sooness' after MGS4 = PSP game. Unfortunately, for me :|

If it was for PS3 I'm pretty sure they'd just say as much.
Again, it's not soon after MGS4

November '04 - MGS3 -> May '05 - MGS4 announced + teaser video -> September '05 - MGS4 first video

Total - 10 months

MGS4 was released a year ago and this time they don't have to create the engine.
 

Stormbringer

Member
Feb 28, 2006
3,571
0
1,025
A few No More Heroes 2 infos :

- Story : it's been 3 years since Travis became the Number One assassin. Santa Destroy is now at the hand of big companies which thanks to massive investments, transformed the small town into a big city. And not only is it the time Sylvia Christel chooses to suddenly reappear into Travis' life as an organisation agent, but his friend Bishop also ends up being involved in a pinch with some bad guys. Just the time for Travis get back to the grind and face some new battles...
- Wrestling moves are back, and along with some fresh dual-wielding swords action, they promise a more varied battle system.
- New characters introduced : an afro dude, Nathan Copeland, ranked 50th on the UAA ranking, and which is apparently a Travis fan ; as well as a mysterious beam-weapon wielding school girl, which seems to be related to Travis somehow.
- Famitsu's website should have a trailer on May 30th, and they'll also start taking applications for a T-shirt design contest.
 

Dascu

Member
Nov 24, 2006
13,568
0
0
Belgium
twitter.com
Stormbringer said:
A few No More Heroes 2 infos :

- Story : it's been 3 years since Travis became the Number One assassin. Santa Destroy is now at the hand of big companies which thanks to massive investments, transformed the small town into a big city. And not only is it the time Sylvia Christel chooses to suddenly reappear into Travis' life as an organisation agent, but his friend Bishop also ends up being involved in a pinch with some bad guys. Just the time for Travis get back to the grind and face some new battles...
- Wrestling moves are back, and along with some fresh dual-wielding swords action, they promise a more varied battle system.
- New characters introduced : an afro dude, Nathan Copeland, ranked 50th on the UAA ranking, and which is apparently a Travis fan ; as well as a mysterious beam-weapon wielding school girl, which seems to be related to Travis somehow.
- Famitsu's website should have a trailer on May 30th, and they'll also start taking applications for a T-shirt design contest.
Trailer on my birthday. :D

Rest of the info sounds great. I wonder who the girl with the special beam katana is.
 

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jun 8, 2004
43,347
1
1,645
Spiegel said:
Again, it's not soon after MGS4

November '04 - MGS3 -> May '05 - MGS4 announced + teaser video -> September '05 - MGS4 first video

Total - 10 months

MGS4 was released a year ago and this time they don't have to create the engine.
Maybe, but coyness about confirming it for PS3, yet putting it under 'playstation' seems odd to me.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
gofreak said:
Maybe, but coyness about confirming it for PS3, yet putting it under 'playstation' seems odd to me.
Arguments for your theory (new psp game):

Extract from the interview
"I think the game is gonna be sold mainly in Japan, but it's going
to have a world wide release. To me it's "xxxx". I can't call this "x", but we are putting a lot of work into the story, also it's being
made by the MGS4 staff. "
- Why mainly in Japan?
This could be because is a psp game

- If this is MGS5 why would Kojima say that is being made by the MGS4 staff?
MGS5 being made by the MGS4 staff is obvious. MGSPortable on the other hand, is not.

- Why say that they are putting a lot of work into the story? Again, obvious thing for the next main MGS on console.


Knowing this I think that the game is not MGS"5". It's going to be an expansion for MGS4, a spinoff for PS3(and 360?) or a portable game.
But maybe I'm reading too much into it.
 

-Kh-

Banned
Aug 14, 2008
2,750
0
0
oneHeero said:
I'd rebuy a psp and FFXI if this happens. The input lag cant be as bad as regular lag in lower jueno or something.
It would actually be funny if it got ported to PSP, the whole game sold on a 16GB memory stick, probbaly a 32GB would be better for future updates. But without voice chat it would be funny going out in the train with the PSP and a keyboard on the lap.
 

botticus

Member
Jun 15, 2007
3,438
0
0
NMH looks fantastic. I wonder what the chances are of Hospital being a more realistic Trauma Center (in terms of scenario).
 

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Jul 1, 2008
72,887
2
0
Philippines
botticus said:
NMH looks fantastic. I wonder what the chances are of Hospital being a more realistic Trauma Center (in terms of scenario).
It depends. Looks like we have a Healing Touch-ish spell as the scan shows.