• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Monster Hunter 4 sells 1.875 million copies, 3DS sells 298k units in 2 days

Comparison:

3DS Peak Holiday 2011 - 510,629
3DS Peak Holiday 2012 - 433,788
3DS Launch - 371,326
Monster Hunter 4 Release - >298,000
3DS LL Launch - 235,974
3DS Price Cut - 214,821

yami4ct

Fantastic numbers. Happy to see it. Now, bring it to the West Capcom! You hooked me with 3U, so don't leave me hanging too long.

Sakura

Not bad. Personally I was thinking we'd maybe only see 150~200k, but 300k is really good. I wonder if we will see bumps for the evergreen titles in the sales thread tomorrow.

Meier

Amazing. MH4G or whatever they call it should do even better once it comes out due to the increased user base. What a smash for both parties involved. Can't wait to see how Pokemon does in a few weeks.

antonz

Oh wow!!!

1,875,000 in 2 days out of a shipment of 2,000,000. I certainly hope they have a restock this week.

Japan has been reasonably accepting of digital titles now. MH4 is already nearing the top of most downloaded titles. So while low stock can be an issue more are starting to be willing to take the download dive.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Japan has been reasonably accepting of digital titles now. MH4 is already nearing the top of most downloaded titles. So while low stock can be an issue more are starting to be willing to take the download dive.

I am sure that whatever shortages are going on will push people to buy download, considering MH4's rocket ascent up the digital sales charts.

MH4 is definitely one of those games you want with you all the time

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Most people (including me tbh) predicted around 250k, so nearly 300k is very good

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Vita LTD (Famitsu) - 1.755.885
MH4 (2 days) - 1.875.115

Goddamn.

Comparing SW to HW isn't exactly proving much.

That being said, a monster opening for a monster game.

It's not surprising, per say, but it does provide a pretty decent comparison to how impressive a feat selling that amount of games in two days is.

But remember, this is a piece of SW that is not as expensive as the HW so I find the comparison irrelevant.

RM8

It's nice to know Nintendo is indeed making money. It's all so doom-and-gloom-ish with WiiU's terrible situation, no one should be surprised that Nintendo treats 3DS like what it is - their main system. Thanks, MonHun :D

Comparing SW to HW isn't exactly proving much.

That being said, a monster opening for a monster game.

But remember, this is a piece of SW that is not as expensive as the HW so I find the comparison irrelevant.
will be even worse if we compare vita software sales to mh4 software sales. P4G plus SS add up to what total sales again?

Cipherr

Massive... And they wanted how many by March shipped? 2.7m? They are going to crush that shipment number by the end of the holidays unless there's a cart shortage because of MH P&D and Pokemon dropping all at once in rapid succession.

Yeah hilarious...now expect a lot of similar comparisons once PS4/XBone comes out to WiiU

Can we all just be happy with the great numbers be done with it

You can expect me to point at laugh at the Wii U when that happens as much as we point and laugh at the Vita comparison right now. No worries there.

Well done you brought the Vita into a Monster Hunter thread.

To be fair it was the Vita fans who started that trend. :p

Top Bottom