Famitsu Most Wanted Top 30

#1
It's been a while since the last list posted, glad to see Monster Hunter Freedom 3 and Pokemon Black/White in the top spots. I just can't figure out why PS3 The Last Remnant is still hanging in there, isn't it canned a long time ago, or the Japanese gamers just not giving up hopes? :lol

1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP, Capcom)
2. Pokemon Black & White (NDS, Pokemon Co.)
3. Dragon Quest X (Wii, Square Enix)
4. Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi (NDS, Level 5)
5. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
6. Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS3, Square Enix)
7. Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyo (NDS, Capcom)
8. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3, Sony)
9. Sengoku Basara 3 (PS3, Capcom)
10. Monster Hunter Nikki: Poka Poka Airu Mura (PSP, Capcom)
11. K-On! Houkago Live!! (PSP, Sega)
12. Metal Max 3 (NDS, Kadokawa Games)
13. Metal Gear Solid Rising (PS3, Konami)
14. The Last Remnant (PS3, Square Enix)
15. Another Century's Episode R (PS3, Bandai Namco)
16. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (PSP, Sega)
17. Hitokui no Owashi Trico [The Last Guardian] (PS3, Sony)
18. Dead Rising 2 (PS3, Capcom)
19. Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP, Square Enix)
20. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (3DS, Level 5)
21. The Last Story (Wii, Nintendo)
22. Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou (PSP, Sega)
23. Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP, Bandai Namco)
24. Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou (PS3, Level 5)
25. Fantasy Life (NDS, Level 5)
26. Shadow Tower (Wii, Hudson)
27. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (NDS, Square Enix)
28. Fate/Extra (PSP, Marvelous)
29. Dead Rising 2 (360, Capcom)
30. The 3rd Birthday (PSP, Square Enix)

Source :http://www.the-magicbox.com/1008/mostwanted100802a.shtml
 
#4
ShockingAlberto said:
Now that Monster Road is out, they should, like...show something of DQX. Anything. Concept art, even.
They are probably gonna make a big announcement at Tokyo game show in September.
 
#5
I'm kind of surprised that Okamiden is so high up, given the disappointing sales the first game got in its homeland.

:lol @ The Last Remnant's listing
 
#7
Nice to see Vs XIII in the top 5.

Also a bit surprised to see Monster Hunter 3rd is actually ahead of Pokemon, still though I don't think it will outsell Black and White combined but then who knows?

Got to agree on the crazyness of Last Remnant, and just the sheer power of Dragon Quest X to be number 3, behind only Monster Hunter and Pokemon and we haven't even seen a logo for the thing yet.
 

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
#8
Rubeus said:
I just can't figure out why PS3 The Last Remnant is still hanging in there, isn't it canned a long time ago, the the Japanese gamers just not giving up hopes? :lol
AFAIK it's never been offically confirmed as being canned, but any sane person would, by now, assume it's been scrapped
 
#10
TruePrime said:
Also a bit surprised to see Monster Hunter 3rd is actually ahead of Pokemon, still though I don't think it will outsell Black and White combined but then who knows?
This is a top 30 from Famitsu readers, which does not necessarily include the breadth of the, uh, Pokemon fanbase.
 
#11
No Kirby? I thought those games were like ridiculously popular in Japan. Also assuming Shadow Tower is actually Lost In Shadow, it doesn't make any sense for it to be on the list considering 1) it's already out and 2) it bombed horribly in its first week.
 
#13
Nothing too surprising except maybe Dead Rising 2. Did the first one do well in Japan (bearing in mind it was an early-ish 360 release)? Just wondering what has sparked the interest.
 
#14
nincompoop said:
No Kirby? I thought those games were like ridiculously popular in Japan. Also assuming Shadow Tower is actually Lost In Shadow, it doesn't make any sense for it to be on the list considering 1) it's already out and 2) it bombed horribly in its first week.
Is it because as long as there are votes for the game it will stay in the list? For example look at The Last Remnant at #14.
 
#15
ShockingAlberto said:
This is a top 30 from Famitsu readers, which does not necessarily include the breadth of the, uh, Pokemon fanbase.
Of course it doesn't but neither does it cover the entire spectrum of Monster Hunter fans either, so I stick by what I said.

Though you didn't have to go and make it creepy, the way you worded it made me think of the weird doujins where they have sex with the Pokemans damn it, all thanks to that damn Sonic topic.
 
#16
TruePrime said:
Of course it doesn't but neither does it cover the entire spectrum of Monster Hunter fans either, so I stick by what I said.

Though you didn't have to go and make it creepy, the way you worded it made me think of the weird doujins where they have sex with the Pokemans damn it, all thanks to that damn Sonic topic.
Kids don't read Famitsu or don't bother voting for anything, that's why Pokemon is behind Monster Hunter Freedom 3.
 
#19
After booting up my old copy of DQVIII again and starting from the beginning, my anticipation and desire to want DQX is ever stronger than before.

DQIX was okay but it really just felt like a spin-off...a really good and highly produced spin-off, but still it didn't feel like the DQ game I wanted especially after the excellent VIII.

But hope it doesn't take 4 years. Hope we get something by next Christmas and then maybe a few months later for the west...wow...that's still a long time.
 
#20
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Nothing too surprising except maybe Dead Rising 2. Did the first one do well in Japan (bearing in mind it was an early-ish 360 release)? Just wondering what has sparked the interest.
It bombed something fierce, thanks to the CERO Z rating, but it had huuuuuuuuuuge word of mouth among the hardcore gamers. I'm not too surprised to see it listed.
 

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
#23
Rubeus said:
It's been a while since the last list posted, glad to see Monster Hunter Freedom 3 and Pokemon Black/White in the top spots. I just can't figure out why PS3 The Last Remnant is still hanging in there, isn't it canned a long time ago, or the Japanese gamers just not giving up hopes? :lol

1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP, Capcom)
2. Pokemon Black & White (NDS, Pokemon Co.)
3. Dragon Quest X (Wii, Square Enix)
4. Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoshi (NDS, Level 5)
5. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
6. Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS3, Square Enix)
7. Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyo (NDS, Capcom)
8. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3, Sony)
9. Sangoku Basara 3 (PS3, Capcom)
10. Monster Hunter Nikki: Poka Poka Airu Mura (PSP, Capcom)
11. K-On! Houkago Live!! (PSP, Sega)
12. Metal Max 3 (NDS, Kadokawa Games)
13. Metal Gear Solid Rising (PS3, Konami)
14. The Last Remnant (PS3, Square Enix)
15. Another Century's Episode R (PS3, Bandai Namco)
16. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (PSP, Sega)
17. Hitokui no Owashi Trico [The Last Guardian] (PS3, Sony)
18. Dead Rising 2 (PS3, Capcom)
19. Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP, Square Enix)
20. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (3DS, Level 5)
21. The Last Story (Wii, Nintendo)
22. Kurohyou: Ryu ga Gotoku Shinshou (PSP, Sega)
23. Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP, Bandai Namco)
24. Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou (PS3, Level 5)
25. Fantasy Life (NDS, Level 5)
26. Shadow Tower (Wii, Hudson)
27. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (NDS, Square Enix)
28. Fate/Extra (PSP, Marvelous)
29. Dead Rising 2 (360, Capcom)
30. The 3rd Birthday (PSP, Square Enix)

Source :http://www.the-magicbox.com/1008/mostwanted100802a.shtml
I think you mean SENgoku Basara 3. There is no SANgoku Basara at all.
 
#27
Wow, Ninokuni (DS) above FFVersusXIII.

Now if only the PS3 version was close to the DS version ranking. Both look pretty fucking awesome.

PS: Ninokuni PS3 is more anticipated than FFVersusXIII for me personally. The Last Guardian is the only other Japanese PS3 game that is more wanted than Ninokuni PS3.
 
#29
TruePrime said:
Of course it doesn't but neither does it cover the entire spectrum of Monster Hunter fans either, so I stick by what I said.

Though you didn't have to go and make it creepy, the way you worded it made me think of the weird doujins where they have sex with the Pokemans damn it, all thanks to that damn Sonic topic.
You took that in a weird direction.

I meant kids. Apparently you didn't?
 

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
#30
There must be some sort of mistake... Did somebody forget to tell Japan that Dead Rising 2 is being developed by *holds flashlight under chin* westerrrrrn developerrrrrs???
 
#32
ShockingAlberto said:
You took that in a weird direction.

I meant kids. Apparently you didn't?
Hey man I have been reading the thread with the crazy lead from Sonic team and someone brought up sexy animals and then Sonic Passion, my mind has been ruined for the day.
 

Andrex

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
#37
Is Pokemon usually that high? I rarely check these things but I don't ever remember seeing it in the top ten.
 
#39
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
But hope it doesn't take 4 years. Hope we get something by next Christmas and then maybe a few months later for the west...wow...that's still a long time.
Given the history of the series...DQX will most definitely take at least 4 years to come out.
 

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
#40
Well, at least The Last Story is on the list, and it's not last. :/

On the other hand, good showing for Okamiden! ^_^
 
#43
Versus is probably only 5 (not that that is bad) due to how little has been shown so far. After TGS anticipation will start building...hard.
 

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
#44
11. K-On! Houkago Live!! (PSP, Sega)

Awesome!

Although on a serious note - it's good to see "Ninokuni" at #4.:D
 
#45
PS3: 10
PSP: 9
NDS: 6
Wii: 3
3DS: 1
360: 1

I was expecting Ninokuni PS3 to be higher but it's understandable since Ninokuni NDS is coming out first (December 2010).
 

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
#49
I'm actually glad Japan remembers and is hyped for Parasite Eve 3.

HOPEFULLY SQUARE DOESN'T FUCK IT UP. *finger crossed*