• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (03/23) - Devil Survivor 2 DS (yes, DS) + Resident Evil Revival (PS360)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
So i guess we are going haft to wait for Devil Survivor 2 overclocked if you want to play it on 3DS.:lol

Either way DS or 3DS. I'm hyped, devil survivor was incredible.

a2dnw9.jpg

So Atlus makes an enhanced port of Devil Survivor on the 3DS to establish their RPG audience on that platform and they follow it up with a sequel on the DS? I don't get their thinking, but I'll take it.

Not the way I thought we would get Devil Survivor 2, but I won't complain.
I guess the Eighth day scenario will set up the story for this game.

Luigi87

Devil Survivor 2 on DS makes sense.

Higher attachment rate to DS units, so they sell plenty there, then they do like the first one, and make a 3DS enhanced port! It's money in the bank!

onken

I guess I'd be naive and foolish to think that the RE game is some sort sort of up-rezed collection of 1, 2 & 3?

neo2046 said:

Don't mess with my heart, I'm trying to temper my expectations here.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
hosannainexcelsis said:
So Atlus makes an enhanced port of Devil Survivor on the 3DS to establish their RPG audience on that platform and they follow it up with a sequel on the DS? I don't get their thinking, but I'll take it.
Yeah I'm not to bummed about this, even if it was developed on 3DS the only really notable enhancements they could add to it with the hardware is voice acting and nicer looking 2D graphics. So i don't feel like the DS is holding the game back in that case.

Amir0x

Banned
um, ok, i guess Radiant Historia won't be my last DS game then

oh shit, a new version of RE4 and Code Veronica? Snap

I guess it DOES make sense, because it's not like Devil Survivor Overclocked actually uses any of the 3DS features, besides storage space for the voices and the slightly higher resolution. It doesn't even use the top screen for any gameplay. If this is a financially conservative sequel with the same engine, it makes sense that they wouldn't want to limit their sales audience to early adopters.

Top Bottom