• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (August 4th) - Half Minute Hero SECOND

Spiegel

Xzomg.jpg

New games:

[PSP] Yuusha 30 (Half Minute Hero) SECOND - Marvelous
[PSP] Shining Hearts - Sega

Bebpo

Banned
Depends. It's been long enough since Shining Force Diablo that a 4p psp one wouldn't be a bad idea.

dili

Bebpo said:
Depends. It's been long enough since Shining Force Diablo that a 4p psp one wouldn't be a bad idea.
If it's one of those Shining Forces, then do no want. EXA was one of the worst rpgs I played on the PS2.

And yay half-minute hero 2!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wasn't there a really poorly received pseudo-spiritual sequel to Half Minute Hero done by the developers recently?

Aeana

Stumpokapow said:
Wasn't there a really poorly received pseudo-spiritual sequel to Half Minute Hero done by the developers recently?
Jikan de Phantasia. But it was a totally different kind of game.

Bebpo

Banned
dili said:
If it's one of those Shining Forces, then do no want. EXA was one of the worst rpgs I played on the PS2.

And yay half-minute hero 2!

I only played the first one for a few hours, but it was fun. I think shouta was a fan of both.

I mean an srpg would be rad, but sort of don't expect that anymore.

Bebpo

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

Idea Factory was publishing it. Should be all that needs said.

Grimmy

Banned
What is that new "Shining Heart" game? (or did I read wrong?)

edit: sorry I didn't read the first post properly >_<

Takao

Banned
You know your platform is in a rut when the platform that sells 3000 units a week has more games covered in Famitsu than you.

Spiegel

Grimmy said:
What is that new "Shining Heart" game? (or did I read wrong?)

edit: sorry I didn't read the first post properly >_<

Probably I've read it wrong and it's a Shining Heart game and not Shining Force

I'm going to edit the OP

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Takao said:
You know your platform is in a rut when the platform that sells 3000 units a week has more games covered in Famitsu than you.

To be fair, most of those are multiplatform.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, it was probably in the last Famitsu thread, but does anyone know what Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen for the DS scored? Might be in this issue, not sure.

EDIT: Never mind. 7/8/8/7. Not horrible at all.

duckroll

Shining Hearts.... lol I bet it's another Sega trap. I wonder what Musketeer is. I also see Last Story there as I expected, since it was in Jump.

Grimmy

Banned
Spiegel said:
Probably I've read it wrong and it's a Shining Heart game and not Shining Force

I'm going to edit the OP

OK thanks - didn't know what it was so I thought you already knew it was a Shining Force game. So the mystery continues...
Sega trademarked SHINING WIND but not Shining Heart, so maybe it's not even a Sega game?

GhaleonQ

1. Hardcore Gaming 101's going to do a short spot on Time Of Fantasia, meaning I can actually find out what it's like!

2. Half-Minute Hero 2 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's the best PSP game, people. It's science!

Stumpokapow said:

Time Of Fantasia, done without the help of the many collaborators who worked on Half-Minute Hero. This means we need information about helpers RIGHT NOW.

duckroll

Grimmy said:
OK thanks - didn't know what it was so I thought you already knew it was a Shining Force game. So the mystery continues...
Sega trademarked SHINING WIND but not Shining Heart, so maybe it's not even a Sega game?

It's a Sega game.

Grimmy

Banned
Actually there are 5 PSP games announced in this issue:

Half-Minute Hero SECOND
Shining Heart (confirmed to be from Sega)
Criminal Gals (the Nippon Ichi game)
Muskateer
Danganronba (Spike)
Super Idol Suchie-Pai IV

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The sega of today doesn't deserve the sega of yesterday. Let The Shining series die.

duckroll

Grimmy said:

Half-Minute Hero SECOND
Criminal Gals (the Nippon Ichi game)
Muskateer
Danganronba (Spike)

Criminal Girls isn't in Famitsu.

Teknoman

duckroll said:
It was released a year and a half ago. What about it?

What is any good? Just assumed it had a chance to come out in North America since every other Shining series game ( that I know of anyway) after the Saturn era seemed to release here.

Wilsongt

Teknoman said:
What is any good? Just assumed it had a chance to come out in North America since every other Shining series game ( that I know of anyway) after the Saturn era seemed to release here.

It was actually really good for a game that had Shining Force in it that wasn't developed by Neverland or Amusement Vision. It was a SRPG, but with only five controlled characters without block movement. I enjoyed it for what I played.

Bebpo

Banned
sprsk said:
The sega of today doesn't deserve the sega of yesterday. Let The Shining series die.

Should just incorporate it into other modern Sega franchises

Shining Valkyria Phantasy Online

duckroll

Teknoman said:

I don't know anyone who bought it.

Grimmy said:

Half-Minute Hero SECOND
<del>Criminal Gals (the Nippon Ichi game)</del>
Muskateer
Danganronba (Spike)
Super Idol Suchie-Pai IV
PSP support is still on top in Japan :)

john tv

You sure that's Shining Hearts? It might just be the poor quality of the pic, but that looks like a &#12472; to me.

duckroll

It's Shining Hearts. There's a scan out now. It's a traditional RPG, looks totally generic like all Shining games these days.

B.K.

john tv said:
You sure that's Shining Hearts? It might just be the poor quality of the pic, but that looks like a &#12472; to me.

The scan is out. The logo says Shining Hearts in English.

Grimmy

Banned
Bebpo said:
Shining Hearts zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sega never learns anything

That is one awful logo - a heart with a key through it???
And graphics look very nondescript.

Danganronbo looks much more interesting to me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
duckroll said:
There is nothing wrong with Sonic games, it's just fan perception that makes them seem bad!!!! :lol
That only applies to the two Adventure games, it doesn't account for everything after them.

Top Bottom