• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news (August 4th) - Half Minute Hero SECOND

duckroll

Shining Hearts:
- PSP RPG
- Winter release
- Character designs by Tony
- Music by Hiroki Kikuta
- Theme song by Lia

jay

sprsk said:
The sega of today doesn't deserve the sega of yesterday. Let The Shining series die.

If by that you mean the Sega of today doesn't deserve the Camelot of yesterday, I agree.

TreIII

Hmmmm...no Bayonetta-related anything in this issue? Blast...was hoping flying get would reveal what Hoshimoto was talking about....

lupin23rd

TreIII said:
Hmmmm...no Bayonetta-related anything in this issue? Blast...was hoping flying get would reveal what Hoshimoto was talking about....

Maybe Bayonetta is doing the spanking in that girl punishing game :lol

duckroll

Don't act so shocked. This isn't the first time Tony and Kikuta are working together. They both also worked on SoraMizu, which was Kikuta's first adult game job. :lol

duckroll

Half-Minute Hero SECOND will feature tracks contributed by the following composers: Kenji Ito, Shimomura, Mitsuda, Hamauzu, and Sakauraba.

The game will also feature a 4 player versus mode, as well as Edit mode.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yay, more awesome music news.

I hope they found a way to make the other 3 modes more fun in this one.

duckroll said:
Half-Minute Hero SECOND will feature tracks contributed by the following composers: Kenji Ito, Shimomura, Mitsuda, Hamauzu, and Sakauraba.

:O Mitsuda!

...HAMAUZU?!?!

LOVE! <3

GhaleonQ

duckroll said:

On the 1 hand, it sounds like the music will be less parodic butt-rock. I'll miss you, Koshiro. On the other hand, those are awesome contributors. *cheers*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/04/flying_get/

PS3 Tales has a new visual style (added 12:06)

It looks like there are a few details on the new PS3 Tales game in Famitsu's interview with the Tales series staff this week.

Not surprisingly, given the non-Talesish artwork that was shared at the game's unveiling, the staff discusses the visual effect they're going for with the game. They're aiming to deliver a visual expression that's different from the anime touch of Tales of Vesperia and the watercolor touch of Tales of Graces. One of the focuses is on the contrast between light and shadow.

Apparently, when the staff saw the backgrounds from the image art converted into real time on the PS3, they were stunned.

The summary at Game Jouhou also mentions something about the game breaking new ground. The full interview will hopefully be clearer about this.

The New Tactics Ogre Class (added 12:12)

And the new class Square Enix was teasing for Tactics Ogre is... Rogue.

That's all for now!

New Half Minute Hero? Woot. Shining Hearts sounds like it could be interesting but the Shining series is nothing like it's former self so I'll be a bit wary of until more details surface.

Boney

Banned
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

give it to me now

I got more excited with Jikan de Phantasia.. but really.. I'm so happy I could

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Boney said:
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

give it to me now
Uh, Shining Hearts doesn't sound all that hot to me, but whatever floats your boat.

HOLY SHIT

Boney

Banned
lordoftherink said:
Uh, Shining Hearts doesn't sound all that hot to me, but whatever floats your boat.

HOLY SHIT
I thought we were talking about Storm Lover.

SQUEEEEEEE!

sphinx

the piano man
Is there any relation between this shining game and the "Shining Soul" game for GBA.

I kinda liked that game, in spite of its absolutely boring and repetitive gameplay.

ULTROS! said:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/04/flying_get/

PS3 Tales has a new visual style (added 12:06)

It looks like there are a few details on the new PS3 Tales game in Famitsu's interview with the Tales series staff this week.

Not surprisingly, given the non-Talesish artwork that was shared at the game's unveiling, the staff discusses the visual effect they're going for with the game. They're aiming to deliver a visual expression that's different from the anime touch of Tales of Vesperia and the watercolor touch of Tales of Graces. One of the focuses is on the contrast between light and shadow.

Apparently, when the staff saw the backgrounds from the image art converted into real time on the PS3, they were stunned.

The summary at Game Jouhou also mentions something about the game breaking new ground. The full interview will hopefully be clearer about this.

Hmm...interesting. I hope they don't do some realistic style type thing but something of a mix of realistic and anime would be cool.

Any word on The Last Story stuff in this issue?

Bebpo

Banned
the only way they could have made shining force w/tony any more dull that it was on ps2 with shining tears was to make it a traditional rpg

whoops

Top Bottom