• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News (no more fakes!)

Amir0x

Banned
Oblivion said:
Super Paper Mario? :O :O

It has RPG elements, but it's not like Paper Mario or something. PLUS, everyone already knows about it and has seen videos and images so that's not a big scoop at this point

apujanata

AniHawk said:
Yeah. There was one that was cancelled already, but I forget if it was FCK or Stranglehold.

Still, two games at one time (that were exclusive) isn't that great a sign, but it's not like From Software is Konami or Square Enix.

If it is two cancelled games from Konami or SE, you can be sure that this topic will be titled differently, and it have hundreds and hundreds of post in it (or it could be thousand posts).

Amir0x

Banned
apujanata said:
If it is two cancelled games from Konami or SE, you can be sure that this topic will be titled differently, and it have hundreds and hundreds of post in it (or it could be thousand posts).

Especially if it was SE, since if it would have cancelled two of its games two of them would have to be FFXIII and FFXIIIvs :lol

Avalon

Riviera is a fantastic game... The news is shocking though.

Hm... The PSP now has three titles I'm vaguely interested in (If SCEA wasn't so stupid I'd would have bought it for Suikoden I & II and Devil Summoner alone).

apujanata

ethelred said:
Aside from their 360 stuff, they have an action game in development for the Wii, announced at E3.

I see. The only game from From Software that I remember is (IIRC) the card based games for GCN. My friend played those games, but I didn't like it.

Tat

Banned
duckroll said:
From Software cancels development on Dark RPG (PS3) and Black Blade (PS3).

Did they ever start development on those or were they just "We're gonna make 2 games for PS3! Maybe.. at some point.. myeah..."

Wow, Riviera PSP surprised me...more gundam for PS2 lol! NamcoBandai going to change its name to TalesGundam!

That new RPG....Chrono Glans! No doubt about it!

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
Wait, this Mario RPG thing isn't mentioned anywhere I've seen. Where did you see it duckroll?

Wait, what? I don't think ducky mentioned anything about a Mario RPG. He said major RPG, then Oblivion guessed Super Paper Mario.

icecream said:
Seconded. Hopefully it'll be graphically better too.

I don't see how it can be awesome for the PSP to be getting a port of a GBA game which was ported from the WonderSwan Color. Is that really the bar we're setting for "awesome" now? Talk about soft bigotry of low expectations...

Like I said, I absolutely loved Riviera and consider it the best RPG on the GBA, but this news is weird and I don't really see how it's that good a development at all.

mutsu

I bet it's something lame.

When was the last time these huge promising teasers live up to their expectations?

More SRW info is allegedly coming in next week's

More on the same game (the PS2 one), or on a different SRW game?

ethelred

Mandoric said:
Wouldn't something like that be in VJump?

More SRW info is allegedly coming in next week's; for now, there's
http://strawberry.web-sv.com:900/Sn/5/vgv/ok4037.jpg
http://strawberry.web-sv.com:900/Sn/5/vgv/ok4038.jpg

Are those scans of OG for PS2? Looks pretty nice. Hopefully the two GBA games will sell well so Atlus brings this one over, too... though, to be fair, there are a whole hell of a lot of PS2 games I'd give higher priority. But still.

Also, these scans reaffirm once more that Neo is the only person in all of Asia with a proper scanner.

Jonnyram

I can't see Major RPG either, although I did misread it as Mario, yeah :/
If there is major RPG news next week, it might just be DQ9 after all, with a premiere in Jump on Monday. If so, we'd find out later today or tomorrow, I guess.

Bo130

duckroll said:
Reviews:

Final Fantasy III DS (no score yet, confirmed to be reviewed, score is pretty high)

At least one 10, I guess. 37, 39, something around there. Did Famitsu exist at the release of the original? What did that get?

I don't think 40 is a possibility, but if it were to get 40/40 (perfect score! :p), then DS would be the first ever to have two games with a perfect score (not like the first deserved it, though ;_;)

And the big scoop gotta be DQ9, ya :D

SpokkX

Bo130 said:
At least one 10, I guess. 37, 39, something around there. Did Famitsu exist at the release of the original? What did that get?

I don't think 40 is a possibility, but if it were to get 40/40 (perfect score! :p), then DS would be the first ever to have two games with a perfect score (not like the first deserved it, though ;_;)

And the big scoop gotta be DQ9, ya :D

what was the first DS game to score 40/40?

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Bo130 said:

I totally agree. :( Nintendogs is maybe 35/40 material, but surely it is not perfect.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
I can't see Major RPG either, although I did misread it as Mario, yeah :/
If there is major RPG news next week, it might just be DQ9 after all, with a premiere in Jump on Monday. If so, we'd find out later today or tomorrow, I guess.

The news'll probably leak while I'm at work, and it'll be a 50 page thread by the time I get home, so let me just preempt the annoucement and go on the record with my reaction:

ethelred said:
Dragon Quest IX! ****ing hell, so awesome! WOOOOO I can't wait! PS2 RPG hits keep on coming, and this is the greatest swan song the system ever could've gotten! Looks gorgeous! Yay Square Enix & Yuji Horii!

Bo130

SpokkX said:
what was the first DS game to score 40/40?

Nintendogs, as Barf said. The Top 3 rated DS-games of Famitsu is

Nintendogs | 10 / 10 / 10 / 10 | 40/40
Meteos | 9 / 9 / 10 / 10 | 38/40
Animal Crossing: Wild World | 9 / 9 / 10 / 9 | 37/40

IMO none of them deserved it - maybe ACWW, but not Meteos and Nintendogs. I'd rate Nintendogs at a 6/10 myself ;_;

ram

Armored Core 4 (PS3)

- November release
- Screenshots and effects are supposedly awesome
- High speed boosting allows mechs to move at over 1000 kmph
- Anime OVA to be released in 2007 Spring

did they can the xbox360 version? seems so...

ethelred

Honestly, even if DQIX PS2 is true and they are preparing to announce the game soonish, I'd be surprised to see it right now. Seems more like the kind of thing to hold onto until closer to TGS. Because DQIX, along with FFXIII and KH3, is basically the biggest announcement Square Enix can make... I can't see it just being casually disclosed in a magazine.

Matix

Sounds like Rivera-PSP is more of a half-assed remake (new events, CG cut-scenes, voices, artwork, etc..), than a direct port. Still, why Rivera.. ?! Also AC4 is sounding pretty damn hot, has Software finally notice the series is in need of a major upgrade (ZOE might have competition this time)...... :lol :lol (who am I kidding).. !!

ethelred

Matix said:
Sounds like Rivera-PSP more like half-assed remake (new Events, CG cut-scenes, Voices, Artwork, etc..), than a direct port Still, why Rivera.. ?! Also AC4 is sounding pretty damn hot, has Software finally notice the series is in need of a major upgrade (ZOE might have competition this time)...... :lol :lol (who am I kidding).. !!

Ducky didn't say anything about CG cutscenes, just voices, new illustrations, and new events. And that hardly qualifies for the "remake" moniker -- it's a port, albeit, from the sounds of it, a barely upgraded port.

FF3 DS, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, LOH1-3 PSP, WAAC:F = remakes; FFIV Advance, VP: Lenneth, Riviera (twice now!) = ports.

Matix

Some tacky snapshots of

SRW: OG

ashnod2006080916300452869211wm4.jpg

ashnod2006080916300452869212vk9.jpg

-&-

Gundam: Battle Royale

39687ab4.jpg
396872os3.jpg
396873rs3.jpg

Bo130

Bo130 said:
Did Famitsu exist at the release of the original? What did that get?

I just did a search. FFIII for NES got 9 / 9 / 10 / 8 = 36/40.

I kinda expect this to top 35/40 at least, with a 10.

10 / 9 / 9 / 9 is very possible, IMO.

Matix

Seems like FF3 scored 9/8/9/8 - 34/40 (Unconfirmed).

EDIT: CONFIRMED (Wow, Rune Factory did pretty well too).

Bo130

Disappointed in FFIII :( Still good, though.

Rune Factory did great :D What's the DS game between them?

EDIT: Nevermind, Dino King Battle.

Jonnyram

Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book is being produced by the Drakengard 2 producer and will have card-based battles? Hmm, could be interesting.

I don't know what this Castlevania: Gallery of Labyrinth is.

AniHawk

Tim the Wiz said:
:lol Indeed, it would.
stealth fix

It's probably the best choice, really. I don't mind playing PS2 sometime in 2007 or 2008, but it would just be boring as an announcement.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book is being produced by the Drakengard 2 producer and will have card-based battles? Hmm, could be interesting.

I don't know what this Castlevania: Gallery of Labyrinth is.

From angst-ridden dragon stories to chocobo picture books! What a change. Anyway, sounds cool. Card-based battles, eh? Still intrigued. The game's still sounding more like an RPG than an adventure game to me, though.

I'm going to withhold any reaction whatsoever to a new Castlevania mention until we know more.

Top Bottom