• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News/Reviews (3/5/13): Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS), Conception II (3DS/PSV)

Hobby

New titles:

Conception II Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu
- 3DS/Vita
- Summer release

Sayonara Umihara Kawase
- 3DS
- Summer release
- 4980 yen
- Stars Umihara Kawase, now at 20 years of age.
- Original staff have returned and have their hands on all aspects of development.

Continued info:

Monster Hunter 4
- Flying dragon-type monster Khezu introduced.
- Seems like Khezu also emits the 狂竜化 virus or whatever.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
- Rin and Daidouji Senpai to appear as paid DLC at the end of March.

Lost Planet 3
- 6/27 release

Reviews:

Super Robot Wars UX:8988
Steins;Gate(Vita版):9987
Steins;Gate 比翼恋理のだーりん(Vita版):9987
Winning Post 7 2013(PSP版):7767
Frontier Gate Boost Plus:8888
Sword Arts Online:8777
Crysis 3(PS3):9989
Crysis 3(XB360):9989
F1 Race Stars(PS3):7877
F1 Race Stars(XB360):7877
Winning Post 7 2013(PS3版):8877
God of War: Ascension:9999

Dwayne

Someone should bring Stein's Gate to the West.

(edit: aware of the pc fan patch, but pc version is expensive and I want portability!)

WHAT?! MEGATON RIGHT THERE!

Maybe this one will actually get localized. Anyone else remember Yumi's Odd Odyssey?

Interesting that Conception II isn't coming to PSP, and surprising that it's 3DS/Vita given how rare such multiplats have been. But this is the year when the transition away from PSP should fully kick into gear.

New titles:
Sayonara Umihara Kawase
- 3DS
- Summer release
- 4980 yen
- Original staff have returned and have their hands on all aspects of development.

As someone who imported the original after watching them play it on Game Center CX, this is awesome!

fushi

Sayonara Umihara Kawase
- 3DS
- Summer release
- 4980 yen
Awweeeeeeesssooooommmmeeeee!

Clov

With Conception II being on 3DS and Vita, it's much more likely to come over. Hopefully it'll cross the pond this time.

First time I've heard of Umihara Kawase, but they seem to be a really neat series of games. I wouldn't mind trying one out.

Conception II
Ew.

Monster Hunter 4
I need a scan, but flying-dragon sounds awesome.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase
*googles*

niLB21u.jpg

I'm pretty sure I saw this picture a few days ago... Wow.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
NEW UMIHARA KAWASE

I JUST SHIT MYSELF

God fucking dammit. Now I have to buy a Japanese 3DS.

This also reminds me I need to open my copy of the DS game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Is Umihara Kaware so good? Looking at the reactions, it seems so.
However, this time there is a way to have it in the west: it's called eShop.

rjc571

Banned
HOLY FUCK UMIHARA KAWASE. URGE TO IMPORT 3DS RISING

Wasn't one of the first two games ported to the PSP, with plans to release it in NA, except it ended up being a complete buggy mess so they didn't bother or something?

Camjo-Z

NEW UMIHARA KAWASE

FINALL- oh wait 3DS

This NEEDS to be localized, because I don't want to have to buy another 3DS just to play this...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I didn't like it. I had the PS1 version and sold it.

I couldn't get used to the physics and response of the character. It felt like I had my instincts fighting against what the game interpreted as my commands the entire time.

Couple that with a difficulty cliff, and I was done.

Incoming tag quotes ahoy.

FoneBone

Wasn't one of the first two games ported to the PSP, with plans to release it in NA, except it ended up being a complete buggy mess so they didn't bother or something?
Yeah, it was announced for the US back in '08 as "Yumi's Odd Odyssey." Though according to Natsume, it was licensing issues rather than bugs that scuttled it:
Whatever happened to Yumi’s Odd Odyssey (known as Umihara Kawase in Japan)?

YM: That’s on hiatus.

Why is that?

YM: That one, basically with the copyright, there seems to be some issue outside of us between the copyright holder and the publisher in Japan. So we were trying to get the license from the publisher and apparently they have some issue with the copyright holder. I think at the last minute we had to put it on hold. Which means it won’t come out. From our side, it’s canceled. We don’t want to be involved in some complicated... stuff.

Camjo-Z

Yeah, it was announced for the US back in '08 as "Yumi's Odd Odyssey." Though according to Natsume, it was licensing issues rather than bugs that scuttled it.

Having played and completed the PSP version (would have gotten the DS version but it was way more expensive) I can say that claims of it being unplayable are definitely exaggerated. There were a few bugs with the fishing line but I thought it was still very fun.

@MUWANdo

Banned
However, this time there is a way to have it in the west: it's called eShop.

They're fairly simple games with "unique" graphics but they're a lot of fun.

There are two(ish) games in the series--one for SNES, one for PSX. You can buy the PSX version from the Japanese PSN, and there's also DS compilation that contains both games. (Don't bother with the PSP version, it's garbage.)

synce

Who's publishing Crysis 3 in Japan must've forked over some good money for those scores. They used to be very rare in Famitsu.

Woah! A new Umihara Kawase game? That's awesome... too bad it'll probably never release here, like all the rest of them, but still, great news. Here's hoping a miracle occurs and it actually gets a US release.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
New Conception? Hm.

Original game has some neat stuff going for it outside of the obvious iffy factor. I'm interested in whatever's new with respect to gameplay.

Sakujou

Banned
Never heard of this game before.

Just watched a video on YT but iam still clueless. Whats the deal?

And why are you guys hyping it?

LayLa

As someone who imported the original after watching them play it on Game Center CX, this is awesome!

haha i did the same thing, got lucky on an ebay auction a couple of years ago. crossing fingers that someone brings it to the west, probably not much localization work needed at least!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wow, Umihara out of NOWHERE!

I think that might be the last push I needed to import a 3DS.

d+pad

Welp, I'm in for one copy of the Japanese version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase--especially if it's an all-new game (and not another compilation of the SF and PS1 titles, like the DS release) as the Famitsu report seems to suggest.

MrT-Tar

I've never heard of Umihara, but after a quick google, wikipedia and youtube search it definitely looks like something I would be interested in. Keeping an eye on it

Hobby

Scan's out for Sayonara Umihara. Will feature numerous characters, including new characters and Umihara back when she was an elementary school student. Different outfits for Umihara can be unlocked. Visually, it looks 2.5D.

Top Bottom