• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Readers pick Demon's Souls as the best PlayStation 3 game ever

Ōkami

demons_souls_1.jpg

As you probably know the PlayStation 3 had its 10th anniversary of release in Japan back on November 11, due to the ocassion Famitsu asked their readers to vote on the best games of the system, about 4000 people voted and the results are in the new issue release today.

So, according to Famitsu readers the best games on the PS3 are:

1. Demon’s Souls
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Dark Souls
  4. Final Fantasy XIII
  5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  6. NieR
  7. Valkyria Chronicles
  8. Tales of Vesperia
  9. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  10. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
  11. MAG
  12. Grand Theft Auto V
  13. Resonance of Fate
  14. Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost
  15. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  16. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  17. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
  18. Journey
  19. Yakuza 5
  20. Mainichi Issho
  21. Yakuza 4
  22. Lost Planet
  23. Persona 5
  24. Heavy Rain
  25. Battlefield 3
  26. Gran Turismo 6
  27. Tales of Xillia 2
  28. Assassin’s Creed II
  29. Diablo III
  30. Resident Evil 5

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Battlefield 3 over Bad Company 2 is a weird choice.

Though, with the exception of FF13, I can agree with most of that list. They're all pretty much solid choices from that Gen.

DJIzana

Yakuza 3 isn't listed? I'm rather surprised. I found that one my favorite of the 3 on PS3.

Well deserved though. I missed out on Demon Souls and Dark Souls 2 but looooved Dark Souls 1 and 3 and Bloodborne.

Edit: Also surprised Ni no Kuni didn't make the list either.

takoyaki

great pick, Famitsu readers know what’s up.

edit: Nier at No.6 is another strong pick, but I'm surprised to see Yakuza 4 and 5 on there but not Kenzan.

PillarEN

They have to remaster it for the modern systems. For all the love Souls games get on GAF, Demons' talk is surprisingly quiet. To the point where it feels like many who like the series never played it due to the PS3 not being that popular at the time the game launched.

Famitsu gettin' something right for once! FFXIII at number four, though, lawd, we will never be rid of Lightning. Nobody show this list to Toriyama or Square. Positively, it's a pleasant surprise to see Nier so high up.

BadWolf

Famitsu gettin' something right for once! FFXIII at number four, though, lawd, we will never be rid of Lightning. Nobody show this list to Toriyama or Square. Positively, it's a pleasant surprise to see Nier so high up.

Fingers crossed for Nier 2 selling well.

silva1991

They know what's up! I will personally replace DeS with DS1, but it's still great list nonetheless.

edit: ugh why is FF13 so high? >.<

Umbasa.

I hook my PS3 back up every now and again just to play DeS.

That said, I believe FF13 got a 37/40 and the reception in Japan was really good, so I'm not surprised it's high on the list.

Rymuth

Demon’s Souls
The Last of Us
Dark Souls
################
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
NieR
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

so-beautiful.gif

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nier, strikes again.

6 years on still proving how out-of-touch the critics were.

Top Bottom