• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Reviews [God Hand = WOW]

king zell

Ridge Racers 2 (PSP, Bandai Namco): 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (32/40)
Metal Slug 6 (PS2, SNK Playmore): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
God Hand (PS2, Capcom): 6 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (26/40)
Minna no Tennis [Everybody's Tennis (PS2, Sony): 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 107: The Honoo no Kakutou Banchou (PS2, D3): 4 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (20/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 108: The Nippon Tokushubutai (PS2, D3): 4 / 5 / 4 / 4 - (17/40)
Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinn (PS2, Banpresto): 6 / 7 / 6 / 5 - (24/40)
Cluster Edge (PS2, Marvelous): 4 / 5 / 4 / 4 - (17/40)
Moegaku @ Portable (PSP, Idea Factory): 5 / 5 / 5 / 5 - (20/40)

gamefront.de

Ouch! Disappointment-ton. (Not that Famitsu reviews are all that relevant, but its doubtful a good game would get such an average score... even in Famitsu)

Seems Mikami needs a good producer to work with...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, but the game is only going to be $29.99 in the US. I'll keep my ticket on the hype train.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
God Hand (PS2, Capcom): 6 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (26/40)

i see Famitsu showed thier lack of appreciation of Capcoms advertising budget in a professional manner as always....

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
It the tank controls, seriously. How can you have tank controls and not let me do it with the d-pad?

can you do it with the d-pad? I don't know! someone tell me!!! If I can move with the d-pad, tank isn't too bad, it's pretty ok. But not in holy-****ing-hell is it ok to tank with the stick!

NOT COOL MAN!!! WORST. CONTROL-SCHEME. EVER.

Brobzoid said:
It the tank controls, seriously. How can you have tank controls and not let me do it with the d-pad?

can you do it with the d-pad? I don't know! someone tell me!!! If I can move with the d-pad, tank isn't too bad, it's pretty ok. But not in holy-****ing-hell is it ok to tank with the stick!

NOT COOL MAN!!! WORST. CONTROL-SCHEME. EVER.
ok

WYWY

Brandon F said:
Minna no tennis? Where did that come from?
Clap Hanz doesn't disappoint. Not only that, it's only retailing at 4,800yen - just 2/3 of the usual full-launch-price.

Cdammen

smack_that_ass.gif

:D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
**** Famitsu. I'm getting God Hand anyway!

Brobzoid said:
Don't, man... :(

It hurts. Is the game out soon? Any impressions that tell about the d-pad? I need this people!

The game is out on the 14th here. I'll let you know.

Zenith

Banned
no one else saw the low god-hand score coming? even over here it's only going to get 8.5 as absolute max with most scores dipping into the 7s.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I expected God Hand to get those scores. But I'm sure I will like the game anyway, in a PN03 kind of way

TreIII

I can't say I'm surprised by Famitsu's rating. Famitsu's rating scale can be as fickle as the weather here in Maryland, USA. But they often are infamous for doing such things like taking a few points off because of a game's difficulty, not to mention other things like playing only like a "chapter" or two of the game, and giving an entire review based off of that. That other guy in a topic a while back spoke the truth...Famitsu reviews are crap, now-a-days.

However...if it makes you review-hounds feel any better, Dengeki gave it a different score altogether....

Dengeki

(out of 100)
God Hand (PS2, Capcom): 85 / 80 / 85 / 70

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Zenith said:
no one else saw the low god-hand score coming? even over here it's only going to get 8.5 as absolute max with most scores dipping into the 7s.

I saw the score coming back when I looked at the E3 vids... widespread appeal? Not bloodly likely.

Brobzoid said:
the camera is locked behind the player ala RE4, if that's what you mean ;)

Ew WTF that sucks.

This gen has not been kind to beatemups. Oh well at least there's still Urban Reign and SpikeOut Xtreme.

::pVJ pockets his $30::

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Tank controls? Seriously? Interest = zero

Decent score for RR2, though. I'm looking forward to more Ridge Racer on PSP. It would be nice if they were to include the updated mechanics from RR6 in this version, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Did you guys even watch the trailers? It's pretty clear that the game has "tank controls" (if you want to describe it as such)...camera locked behind the player, awkward controls, etc

It's gonna be the PN03 for PS2 :)

TreIII

..pakbeka.. said:
famitsu, you're already dead

I've thought likewise of Fami myself for quite a while. Them giving Nintendogs a perfect score a while back was just more or less the clincher for me...:lol

castle007

Banned
Thank God that God Hand got a bad score. I still have no idea why everyone here is so excited about it. I saw the trailer and the game looks so awkward and and the gameplay looks terrible. I didn't see anything interesting in it.

castle007 said:
Thank God that God Hand got a bad score. I still have no idea why everyone here is so excited about it. I saw the trailer and the game looks so awkward and and the gameplay looks terrible. I didn't see anything interesting in it.
yes, this score will have a huge impact on anything

castle007 said:

Zenith

Banned
castle007 said:

It has Capcom's "quirky" humour and it's hitching a ride on the wave of success from other Capcom games. That's about it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Zenith said:
It has Capcom's "quirky" humour and it's hitching a ride on the wave of success from other Capcom games. That's about it.

If this game didn't have over the top humor and a potential cool soundtrack, I wouldn't care about this game at all

Also, doesn't Exit 2 come out this week? Has it been reviewed yet?

Top Bottom