• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Reviews [Kirby + winning eleven]

king zell

Famitsu

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PS2, EA): 9 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (31/40)
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (NDS, EA): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Winning Eleven DS (NDS, Konami): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan (NDS, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
The Outfit (Xbox 360, THQ): 8 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)
Love Love Hamster (NDS, Digital Kids): 5 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)
Edamoto Naomi no Shiawase Kitchen: Kakushi Aji wa Anata ga Kimete ne (NDS, MTO): 6 / 6 / 6 / 8 - (26/40)

Is WE's 7/7/7/8 a TotT-style appeasement to Konami where the game is made by DIMPS or something, or is this a genuine 29/40 where the game is pretty good but could do with improvement?

No.1

Really, it's the Kirby game that was suppose to be made originally for the DS. While Canvas Curse was enjoyable, nothing beats traditional Kirby action.

reminder

When does WE 10 for PSP comes out in Japan? WE 9 got 36/40 from Famitsu, WE 10 is better (from what i heard) AND online. Should get a nice score from Famitsu...

Edit: Found it, December 14th is the japanese releasedate for WE 10 PSP

king zell

i dont know really . WE 9 for the psp got 36/40 from Famitsu and the game was bad so i wont take Famitsu scores with WE and well try the DS game which i think looked good in the vids :)

Yeah the WE score just can't be any kind of barometer for what the game is like. Like king zell said, WE on the PSP was utter pants and yet it scored higher than most of the PS2 versions. Fingers crossed that all versions turn out well this time, won't be looking at Famitsu reviews though, some lovely impressions from here would do the trick.

jesusraz

Western reports were that WE DS was playing quite well indeed...so I'll take this Famitsu score with a pinch of salt.

Also, the new Kirby doesn't rate nearly as high as Flagship's previous attempt (The Amazing Mirror). Strange...

EBCubs03 said:
Could a cel shaded 3D Canvas Curse work on Wii? :O

The Kirby GC project has already been transferred over to the Wii...so you'll all get your Kirby Wii fix :)

The upcoming Kirby just looks like the GBA ones, I dont see much of anything special about this one. At least thats a decent score for Kirby.

Mike Andrade said:
Any info /news about Tales of Heart for Wii?
I just read this on VideogamerX.net and 2ch.

In an ideal world: Team Symphonia have moved on from Tales of the Abyss to craft a fully-realized new Tales for Wii that will make clever, non-gimmicky use of the Wiimote and which will have its localization funded by Nintendo to allow for the first-ever fully voiced US release of a Tales game.

In reality: Team Symphonia have been chopped up and their bodies buried along with the original script for Xenosaga II and unsold copies of Legendia US. Tales of Heart is assembled entirely from reused assets and the combat system consists entirely of waggling up and down, and the game is coded by a hentai-simulator sweatshop.

I weep for my favorite RPG series. :-(

ethelred

charlequin said:
In an ideal world: Team Symphonia have moved on from Tales of the Abyss to craft a fully-realized new Tales for Wii that will make clever, non-gimmicky use of the Wiimote and which will have its localization funded by Nintendo to allow for the first-ever fully voiced US release of a Tales game.

I would love that entirely; it'd be a fantastic game because of Team Symphonia's immense talent, and I have a lot of confidence they'd be able to implement motion controls in a really effective way, subtle uses that help bring out the best in the action-styled battle system.

charlequin said:
In reality: Team Symphonia have been chopped up and their bodies buried along with the original script for Xenosaga II and unsold copies of Legendia US. Tales of Heart is assembled entirely from reused assets and the combat system consists entirely of waggling up and down, and the game is coded by a hentai-simulator sweatshop.

And yet, after Tales of the Tempest...

jesusraz said:
That's what I'd like to know. I can't access either VideoGamerX or 2ch from work...
Tales.jpg

I think it just says its for Wii and summer as release date. According to 2ch members that is...

Dunno, I'll try to find the 2ch thread (fission mailed)...

Mike Andrade said:
Any info /news about Tales of Heart for Wii?
I just read this on VideogamerX.net and 2ch.

WTF another Tales for the Wii already? **** that, I'm still waiting for Namco to make a proper Tales game that does the DS justice.

After reading Tales of Heart, I can't help but think of Enterprise's opening theme. I imagine it'll be just as bad.

PS> Why would a Korean site get wind of a new Tales game so quickly?

king zell said:
Famitsu

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PS2, EA): 9 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (31/40)
LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (NDS, EA): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Winning Eleven DS (NDS, Konami): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Hoshi no Kirby: Sanjou! Dorocche Dan (NDS, Nintendo): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
The Outfit (Xbox 360, THQ): 8 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)
Love Love Hamster (NDS, Digital Kids): 5 / 6 / 5 / 5 - (21/40)
Edamoto Naomi no Shiawase Kitchen: Kakushi Aji wa Anata ga Kimete ne (NDS, MTO): 6 / 6 / 6 / 8 - (26/40)

bish am cry. :(

neo2046

klee123 said:
any new news from Famitsu?
Densha de Go! Wii details
Stock Trading adventure game in Phoenix Wright style for NDS from Capcom
Taitos Memories 2 for PS2
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim special version for PSP

* Tales of Heart is fake
* it seems Dragon Quest Sword (Wii) will have more details very soon

Seems that Taito Memories 2 has been announced. It'll be in two volumes again, with Vol. 1 in January and Vol. 2 in March.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/daikai-6/e/c8fc54f7717743aad34b4a2d3da87113

Here's the list from the first volume:

Scramble Formation
Super Qix
Operation Thunderbolt
Darius II
Fighting Hawk
Bubble Memories
Return of the Invaders
Exzisus
Rainbow Islands
Kick and Run
Continental Circus
Chuuka Taisen
Rayforce
Space Chaser
Grand Champion
Time Tunnel
The Undoukai
Ben Bero Bee
Asuka & Asuka
S.C.I.
Champion Wrestler
Space Gun
Ninja Kids
Dino Rex
Ougon no Shiro (Gladiator)

There's a lot of crossover with Legends 1 this time, and some new (and even more obscure) stuff.

Grimmy

Banned
neo2046 said:
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim special version for PSP

What's this??? A non-suck version of Ys: The Ark of Napishtim on the PSP? Shouldn't this version be *free* to previous owners of the game?

Jiggy

jesusraz said:
Also, the new Kirby doesn't rate nearly as high as Flagship's previous attempt (The Amazing Mirror). Strange...
I searched and couldn't find it; what was the score for KatAM?

Jiggy37 said:
I searched and couldn't find it; what was the score for KatAM?

According to this site, it's : 9 / 10 / 9 / 8 - 36/40

Personally, I'm waiting for other reviews to see if this lower rating is really justified. I'm not saying that the DS game got a bad score, it's even pretty good, but I wonder why, in Famitsu at least, he got rated worse than the recent Kirby games (in before late moneyhats...)
I don't think I must read too much into Famitsu scores though...

duckroll

Grimmy said:
What's this??? A non-suck version of Ys: The Ark of Napishtim on the PSP? Shouldn't this version be *free* to previous owners of the game?

Extra dungeon, database mode, media player. Comes out 1st of Feb in Japan. No other details at the moment, so probably the same sucky port with new shit. Cash in!

ethelred

neo2046 said:
Stock Trading adventure game in Phoenix Wright style for NDS from Capcom

**** yeah. That sounds awesome. Capcom's proven with the Phoenix Wright series that they make outstanding adventure games with a great sense of style and humor, and now we're getting another one? **** yeah

neo2046 said:
* it seems Dragon Quest Sword (Wii) will have more details very soon

About damned time. Don't disappoint, Mr. Horii.

duckroll

ethelred said:
**** yeah. That sounds awesome. Capcom's proven with the Phoenix Wright series that they make outstanding adventure games with a great sense of style and humor, and now we're getting another one? **** yeah

It's really a *lot* like Phoenix Wright. Anime style characters, adventure portions, the actual stock trading portions are silly too, with the character have special "trading arts" to use. Whether it's actually as good as the PW series in remains to be seen, might be a cash in.

About damned time. Don't disappoint, Mr. Horii.

DQ Swords will apparently be playable at the Nintendo Wii demo events around Japan in November.

Top Bottom