• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu scans [Ridge Racer 7,Sim City DS]

Sho Nuff

Banned
its ridge racer
remember that one

I'm getting one pixel of these JPEGs per second but let me be the first to say HOLY SHIT THESE TOTALLY ANNIHILATE THE 360 VERSION BUR HUR HUR

Even though you couldn't have picked two more different games, I will be buying both of these. Cool stuff. :)

Sim City is perfect for the DS. Very cool that Will Wright is in the game, perhaps Mr. Miyamoto will be hidden somewhere.

Amir0x

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
its ridge racer
remember that one

I'm getting one pixel of these JPEGs per second but let me be the first to say HOLY SHIT THESE TOTALLY ANNIHILATE THE 360 VERSION BUR HUR HUR

you can already make these comments in the other RR7 thread - Jonnyram posted scans, and they load WAY faster than these.

consensus is 'looks slightly better' to 'wait for video'

Hmmmm. That really does look like a sequel to the SNES version of SimCity, not just a port. I wonder who the developer was? Couldn't be EA for something like that.

Amir0x

Banned
trancejeremy said:
Hmmmm. That really does look like a sequel to the SNES version of SimCity, not just a port. I wonder who the developer was? Couldn't be EA for something like that.

Yes, EA and it's based on Sim City 3000.

koam

SimCity DS = DROOL

Looks a lot like SimCity 2000 which isn't necessarly a bad thing.

SimCity 4 > SimCity 2000 > SimCity 3000 > SimCity

jjasper

trancejeremy said:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/729/729390p1.html

The original Sim is set for DS release through Electronic Arts

Sim City DS is based on the PC Sim City 3000. This isn't just a port, though, as the game features full stylus-based controls, mini games and a new adviser character who helps you out when designing your city.

Speevy

Banned
The lighting and the cars look sweet. Texturing, I dunno. Can't tell because of the scans. But seems to be a nice looking game.

Who's the developer of Sim City (yes, we know EA will be the publisher, obviously)?

The style at least for the characters definitely suggests a Japanese developer.

koam

soundwave05 said:
Who's the developer of Sim City (yes, we know EA will be the publisher, obviously)?

The style at least for the characters definitely suggests a Japanese developer.

Maxis? Has anyone but maxis ever done a simcity game?

Amir0x

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I heard something about that a while ago. Cool to see they're actually doing something.

they're also doing a fighting game apparently for PS3...

according to MassiveAttack :lol

scola said:
hahah
"Contact Other City!"
Actually since Sim City 2000 you could connect to other cities. I wonder if they would let you connect to other peoples' cities through Nintendo WiFi.

*Edit: Beaten ^

neo2046

king zell said:
YES!

Sim City DS
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116925&page=2

Ridge Racer 7
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116622&page=4

and king zell,

PLEASE don't be SO LAZY !!!!!
CAN YOU SAVE THE SCANS and REHOST THE SCANS YOURSELF IN THE FUTURE ??

everytime you just forward and post the LINK DIRECTLY here from "there"
and the overloaded bandwidth here always make the people "there" cannot see the scans
I am serious, it is not funny

SO PLEASE UPLOAD AND REHOST the scans again, OK!?
here is a good site for you
http://www.imagevenue.com/

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
EAD developed Sim City on SNES and the unreleased version on NES as well. Then HAL Labs developed Sim City 64DD.

So Nintendo developed 2/3 Sim City games.

Rushmore

ps3spellingmistake.jpg

I wonder if Nintendo/HAL might be developing Sim City DS for EA?

Because Dr. Wright was a character only in Sim City 64 for the 64DD, which was developed by HAL.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
soundwave05 said:
I wonder if Nintendo/HAL might be developing Sim City DS for EA?

Because Dr. Wright was a character only in Sim City 64 for the 64DD, which was developed by HAL.
That isn't Dr. Wright, it's Will Wright. This is Dr. Wright:

druk4.png

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者

I'm not sure Dr. Wright was in Sim City 64 at all. I know Mario was in Sim City 64. Dr. Wright was a cool creation by EAD paying hommage obviously to mr. Wright.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, RR7 looks pretty nice. Not the kind of jump I was hoping for, but that's Namco for ya this gen (the next gen). It looks rather similar to RR6, to be honest (though the environments seem a bit more Ridge Racer this time), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The lighting seems better, though, and some of the details may be lost until viewed in person (RR6 could not be appreciated until that point).

Regardless, the game still has a very solid look and is 60 fps (no chance of anything else). It should look great.

I still don't "get" what's up with Namco, though. It's like they simply have no clue what to do with this new hardware. I appreciate the high framerates (seriously), but they are ignoring so many other features offered by these new machines.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
rr7 doesn't look any better than rr6 from those scans -- rr6 looks much better than screens would lead you to expect, but i have to say i'm a little disappointed. i guess i should wait for bigger pics before i say too much. the environment shots we saw months ago were really nice, if they were real.

Top Bottom