• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scores 1/20/10 End of Eternity Edition

Xater

Gamefront.de has the score from the new issue up:

End of Eternity (Resonance of Fate) (PS3/Xbox 360, Sega): 9 / 8 / 9 / 8 - (34/40)

Last Rebellion (PS3, Nippon Ichi): 7 / 6 / 6 / 5 - (24/40)

Ar tonelico III: Sekai Shuuen no Hikigane wa Shoujo no Uta ga Hiku (PS3, Bandai Namco): 8 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (28/40)

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (PS3/Xbox 360, THQ): 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)

Fight Night Round 4 (Eigoban) (PS3/Xbox 360, EA): 7 / 7 / 7 / 5 - (26/40)

Stoked (Xbox 360, Russel): 6 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (26/40)

Mirai Nikki: 13 Hitome no Nikki Shoyuusha (PSP, Kadokawa Shoten): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)

Machi-Ing Maker 3 x Tousouchuu (PSP, D3 Publisher): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)

Lively Garden (NDS, Marvelous): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)

Empty

Eteric Rice said:
EoE got a good score but everything else is ouch. :O

Yeah. Smackdown vs Raw games normally get 39 or 40/40 consistently, so to only get 36 is very poor.

Eteric Rice

Wow, I missed that. I guess my mind just glossed over it because I didn't expect it in a Japanese game magazine. :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What are the reviewers' score explanation for End of Eternity?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
kenji said:
is there a video or even an image about this game?
091103120226977965.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I tried the EoE demo on PS3 for like 5 minutes but the battle system was pretty crazy and confusing. The demo reel they have playing at stores makes the game look fairly interesting, though. I might have to check it out.

thechemist

Just saw some scans of MGS Peace Walker, there will be limited edition psp console packs, in terms of the game there was something very interesting, location spoiler
Big shell?! lookalike
or am I seeing it wrong.

Barakov

thechemist said:
Just saw some scans of MGS Peace Walker, there will be limited edition psp console packs, in terms of the game there was something very interesting, location spoiler
Big shell?! lookalike
or am I seeing it wrong.

It looked like there was
a facility like that in the tgs trailer.

falconzss

Doubledex said:
Off Topic:

Anyone played White Knight Chronicles (JP)?
What's the ~clear time there?

i haven't played it but i watched this on giantbomb and the guy said it will take you 40 hours to beat the singleplayer portion of the game.

biocat

Doubledex said:
Off Topic:

I finished it in 40 hours, but also messed around online maybe 5-8 of those.
The game ends at what feels like the middle of the game and sets you up for the sequel.

C-Jo

The WWE score vs. the Fight Night score is craziness, but not unexpected.

Ouch at Last Rebellion though. Does anybody recall the lowest score a console RPG has received this generation?

hamchan

Doubledex said:
Off Topic:

Hundreds of hours to get platinum I heard, which must be mostly the online part i'm guessing. 40 hours for single player says dude on giant bomb.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The Ar Tonelico score is about what I expected, it's not for everyone but pretty much in line with the other 2 games.

By the way guys, before you're surprised about the WWE score you have to remember it was made by Yuke's who happen to be based in Osaka. I don't know how much that would change the score, but I think that might have something to do with the high score.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would assume that some points were docked from Fight Night Round 4 since the "(eigoban)" probably means that the game is entirely in English and not localized in Japanese at all. I haven't read the magazine so I can't be sure, but I know EA has released some of their sports titles in the past without bothering to localize them.

Xater

Does anyone remeber what the last Star ocean game got in Famitsu? Just to have acomparison to another Tri-Ace game. I've never been a fan of the Star Ocean games so I am still sceptical about End of Eternity.

Xater said:
Does anyone remeber what the last Star ocean game got in Famitsu? Just to have acomparison to another Tri-Ace game. I've never been a fan of the Star Ocean games so I am still sceptical about End of Eternity.

The Last Hope? I think it got 34/40 as well.

Kishgal

Banned
Xater said:
I don't know the answer to your question, but End of Eternity is nothing like Star Ocean. Its closest relative is Valkyrie Profile 2, but it's very unique even compared to that.

ULTROS!

Kishgal said:
I don't know the answer to your question, but End of Eternity is nothing like Star Ocean. Its closest relative is Valkyrie Profile 2, but it's very unique even compared to that.

I'm not sure though but I remember reading End of Eternity was done by the Valkyrie Profile team.

Jomjom

Banned
Despite Last Rebellion's low scores I'm still hopeful and looking forward to it. Does anyone know what Demon's Souls got in Famitsu?

Jomjom

Banned
CruxisMana said:

Thanks! I know Last Rebellion's probably not going to be on par with a Demon's Souls, but hopefully it's a similar case where the game's decent despite its low Famitsu scores.

Xater

Kishgal said:

I played the demo I know that. It's just I tried 2 Star Oceans and hated both. That's why I have my doubts about a Tri-Ace game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jling84 said:
Thanks! I know Last Rebellion's probably not going to be on par with a Demon's Souls, but hopefully it's a similar case where the game's decent despite its low Famitsu scores.

ahahaha, i wouldn't bet the house on it. Demon's Souls had pedigree. Last Rebellion doesn't.

Circulation numbers for game/anime/manga magazines:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...anese-anime/game-magazine-circulation-numbers
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-18/2009-japanese-manga-magazine-circulation-numbers
Code:
Weekly Famitsu 		Publisher: Enterbrain 	500,000 	
Famitsu PSP+PS3 	Publisher: Enterbrain 	150,000
Famitsu Xbox 360 	Publisher: Enterbrain 	120,000 	
Arcadia 		Publisher: Enterbrain 	120,000
Famitsu DS+Wii 		Publisher: Enterbrain 	100,417 	*
Famitsu Wave DVD 	Publisher: Enterbrain 	100,000

Dengeki Nintendo DS 	ASCII Media Works 	160,000
Dengeki PlayStation 	ASCII Media Works 	131,061 	*

V Jump 			Shueisha 		379,167 	*
V Jump isn't normal weekly shounen jump that gets the best scoops because that one...
Code:
Weekly Shonen Jump 	Shueisha 		2,809,362 	*
Yeah. Poor Famitsu :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never knew Smackdown vs Raw usually hit those kinds of numbers. Surprising.

Top Bottom