• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu scores....Uh-oh Phantasy Star Universe flo..

floats! :lol

Phantasy Star Universe (PS2, Sega): 9 / 9 / 8 / 9 - (35/40)
Kangaeru Exit (PSP, Taito): 8 / 8 / 7 / 9 - (32/40)
Blood+ Final Peace (PSP, Sony): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Unou no Tatsujin: Hirameki Kosodate My Angel (NDS, Bandai Namco): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Kengo 3 (X360, Genki): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
Pilot ni Narou! Flying All-Stars (PSP, Marvelous): 7 / 7 / 6 / 5 - (25/40)
Idaten Jump DS: Moero! Flame Kaiser (NDS, Taito): 6 / 6 / 5 / 6 - (23/40)

I didn't know where to put them without derailing ryu ga gotoku 2, simcity ds or such threads...

Is this a shock? I can't possibly see how a sequel to a game that scored well (PSO) that improves on it in every way would be ill-received.

Not that Famitsu scores are worth much.

duckroll

VicAlpha said:
yeah, so its not a port of the ps2 version, its an rpg then

No, this Blood+ is a visual novel adventure that ties into various points in the anime series and fills in side stories and gaps.

kiryogi

Banned
PSU offline is pretty entertaining. That first chapter is a big turnoff however. Currently on chapter 5 here.

AniHawk

I really hope Sega can churn out 4-5 games in about a year. That would be quite impressive given their recent record.

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Monkey Ball:BB
Yakuza
PSU
Yakuza 2?

But then again, it's Sega. So I won't get my hopes up.

AniHawk said:
I really hope Sega can churn out 4-5 games in about a year. That would be quite impressive given their recent record.

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Monkey Ball:BB
Yakuza
PSU
Yakuza 2?

But then again, it's Sega. So I won't get my hopes up.

Don't forget Charlotte's Web DS!!!!!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think I'll buy PSU after all, so many good memories with PSO Im ready to go back!

MutFox

Banned
john tv said:
How did you get it so fast?
Guess... :lol
I really wanna try this game, when is the PC version coming out,
or is it coming out at the sametime?

And is PSU an actual MMO??
That's the only way I'd pay to play online.
Having Diablo type online shouldn't require monthly fees.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seeing as I want to play this on 360 with friends, I have to wait for the US version.

How is the soundtrack, by the way? The previous games have always offered some fantastic tunes and I'm hoping for another great entry in the series.

ethelred

Cool, glad to see a good score for PSU.

I doubt I'll come even close to loving it as much as PSO because I'm not going to do the online mode -- I'm not going to spend money for it, and PSO's glory days for me were when it was free on the Dreamcast (gaming bliss :(...) -- however, I'm thrilled it's got a deep offline story-mode, so I'm definitely looking foward to it.

havent' been following much of PSU lately, but is the 360 version scheduled to hit side by side with the PS2 version in North America? Its still slated for fall of 06, right?

Mrbob

I'm down for the 360 version of PSU!

According to EBGAMES, X360, PS2, and PC version all ship on October 24.

Bebpo

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Kengo something (X360, Genki): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)

Kinda late, but I was checking what Kengo 3 scored on PS2 since 3 was actually supposed to be pretty good/solid and it got a 32/40. So it looks like famitsu isn't anti-Kengo and it's just that this version sucks >_<

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Oh shit, 360 on the lock (because I love Famitsu so).

I hope the JGaf team chimes in on how the single-player stacks up. Hope real impressions come soon.

Srider

Banned
Bebpo said:
Kinda late, but I was checking what Kengo 3 scored on PS2 since 3 was actually supposed to be pretty good/solid and it got a 32/40. So it looks like famitsu isn't anti-Kengo and it's just that this version sucks >_<

Yeah, kengo 3 was an amazing game. I think Japanese people are just anti 360. If this came out on PS3 (which it will) I predicted 8's and 9's.

Bebpo

Banned
Srider said:
Yeah, kengo 3 was an amazing game. I think Japanese people are just anti 360. If this came out on PS3 (which it will) I predicted 8's and 9's.

Eh, I dunno 25 is pretty damn low and they've given plenty of X360 games 30+/40.

I cancelled my pre-order for it and I'll just wait for some impressions from you guys.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bebpo said:
Eh, I dunno 25 is pretty damn low and they've given plenty of X360 games 30+/40.

I cancelled my pre-order for it and I'll just wait for some impressions from you guys.

You'll probably be waiting a while haha.

Hold on a moment, is PSUs release date today? My local Big Tiger has had it on sale for well over a week... from the 22nd I think, Den Den traders don't usually break release dates.

MrDaravon

marvelharvey said:
Hold on a moment, is PSUs release date today? My local Big Tiger has had it on sale for well over a week... from the 22nd I think, Den Den traders don't usually break release dates.

Street date was the 31st I believe. Places weren't supposed to break the street dates since anyone who logged online before then would get banned (supposedly). Of course that's assuming segalink was working >_>

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
PSU Releasing in the US on the 360 = The end of my social, and normal life. Its over

MrDaravon

I'm wondering if the 360 version will come out at the same time as the PC/PS2 versions here. I know places have all 3 listed for 10/24, but I'm skeptical of that date, and the fact that the 360 version isn't even out in Japan (does it have a date?).

Top Bottom