• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Survey Shows 65% of Readers Plan to Buy a PS5 (BC Wins the Most Expected Feature)

ethomaz

Banned
First of all, we get an overview of the 1,416 respondents to the survey. 1,291 of them are male, while only 125 are female.

Three are under ten years old, 267 are in their teens, 313 in their twenties, 413 in their thirties, 337 are in their forties, 82 in their fifties, two in their sixties, and two are over seventy years old.

What do expect from PS5?

PS5-Famitsu-Survey-2.jpg

1. Backwards Compatibility
2. Graphics
3. Loading speed
4. Price
5. Game variety
6. Sound
7. Online services
8. VR
9. Streaming
10. other

Do you plan do buy PS5?

PS5-Famitsu-Survey-3.jpg

64.7% - Yes
32.2% - Undecided
3.1% - No

Physical or digital?

PS5-Famitsu-Survey-4.jpg

71.9% prefer physical
28.1% prefer digital downloads

nani17

are in a big trouble
I'll say this I don't mind BC but as long as they don't go the Xbox route where it felt like every time Sony launched a new exclusive title. Xbox came out with oh look Call Of Duty is now backward compatible.

Last edited:

FranXico

BC matters the most in the beginning of a new generation.

If your console has been released a couple of years ago and already has its own library, BC doesn't matter as much.

Yumi

Hoping that SSD makes the UI super snappy. My dream is to be playing games like Bloodborne, Monster Hunter World, and The Witcher 3 at 60fps. But I hear that is more developer side. This thing has to play the games we bought on PSN right?

sol_bad

Hoping that SSD makes the UI super snappy. My dream is to be playing games like Bloodborne, Monster Hunter World, and The Witcher 3 at 60fps. But I hear that is more developer side. This thing has to play the games we bought on PSN right?

I really hope I will be able to play the PS1, PS2 AND PS3 games I bought on PSN on my PS5.
If I can't, I'll probably just stick to my PS3, PS4 and PC to catch up on my backlog.
If there is no BC, a TLOU2 release for PS5 will be the only thing to make me want one in its early life cycle.

Yumi

I really hope I will be able to play the PS1, PS2 AND PS3 games I bought on PSN on my PS5.
If I can't, I'll probably just stick to my PS3, PS4 and PC to catch up on my backlog.
If there is no BC, a TLOU2 release for PS5 will be the only thing to make me want one in its early life cycle.

If there's no bc, it would probably take a killer rpg (cyberpunk, new from soft title, ff7 remake) for me to jump on early life cycle. But it really feels like those all could be cross gen. If these consoles really are coming early next year, I expect to see a lot at E3, even despite Sony's absence at the conferences. TLOU2 seems like a no brainer to showcase the PS5, but I still think it will be cross gen. Wish I wasn't so scared of mushroom zombies :/

Rayderism

I'd understand if PS5 didn't do PS3 BC, what with the unique hardware in the PS3, but I'd really like full (as in physical) PS1/PS2 support, maybe even with some upscaling to help the games look better. I'd really like to kick out the old non-HDMI consoles in favor of a native HDMI system that supports those games. I'd be content with only needing a PS3 and PS5 to play entire Playstation library of physical games.

Unfortunately though, that doesn't appear to be the case. PS4 BC only seems to be the route they're going, and PSNow for anything older......and PS1 is just left in the dust. Sigh.....first-world problems......

Hey, maybe they'll add optional PS1/PS2 BC as a purchasable app. Pfft....doubt it. They'll probably do like they did with the PS4 and not allow the PS5 to read CD's, which automatically eliminates all PS1 games, and a fair number of PS2 games.

Codes 208

BC matters the most in the beginning of a new generation.

If your console has been released a couple of years ago and already has its own library, BC doesn't matter as much.
Tbf just a couple years ago Blops2 made it into the npd beating out even infinite warfare *just* from being added to BC on Xbox.

And then a similar case happened last year when MW2 was added.
What? The japanese will buy the ps5? Im flabbergasted.
Being a home console in Japan actually goes against it. For every ps4 in Japan is like 4-5 in America.

Shmunter

If they can make this thing play all past gens. Wow, zing, zap!

But I speculate the line will be drawn at PS4, otherwise PS3 titles would still be on psplus, and not axed.

Top Bottom