• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Thread of Scans, News and SSBB Bionic Commando XBLA/PSN

icecream

Public Health Threat
Since I'm not sure what's going on in the other thread, I'll just post the news stuff here.

First the scans.

Idolm@ster Live 4 U! (X360)

-Rhythm game element to the performances
-Scoring and feedback
-Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty Modes
-First downloadable song: shiny smile

Star Ocean 2 (PSP)

Monster Hunter Portable G (PSP)

Gundam: Giren no Yabou Axis no Kyoui (PSP)

Bionic Commando (PS3/360)

Valkyrie of the Battlefield (PS3)

SSBB (wii)
Full thread here.

Scores
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 10/10/10/10

Review:
Tenbatsu said:
This time, single-player is also big. Adventure mode is pretty lengthy and enjoyable and the story's presentation is great. Thanks to the "Final Smash" moves with surprising shows of strength, unforeseen abilities arise. Options for control, sound, and so on are perfect and also deserve a hats-off.

The new "Final Smash" moves with brilliant effects that can be used by any character are refreshingly fun, right up there with the rest of the battles. I'm glad the single-player mode is also bountiful. "Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary" keeps such a good tempo of movies and action that one easily forgets the time while playing. Awesome!

Appealing production and features. Also, the movements of the characters are dynamic yet subtle. The brilliant actions of the "Final Smash" moves are a must-see. There are tons of stages, and the single-player mode is perfect. Not only is there a stage editor, but detailed statistics from the game are presented. Nice.

The movements of the assembled all-stars are highly-polished, single-player is perfect and easy to get into, and the challenge of collecting herein is more than enough. With outstanding art direction, this game really lets you feel the power of motion. There are new things to discover with each play, with both joy and sorrow to be savored in battle.
Kawaii Koneko DS 6/6/6/6
The Sims 2 Survival 7/7/7/7
Super Lite 2500 Brickdown 8/8/7/6
Super Lite 2500 Joshi Kousei Nigeru! 6/6/6/6
Exit DS 9/8/8/8
Winning Eleven Ubiquitous PSP 9/8/8/9
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue 8/8/8/7
TOCA Race Driver 3 7/7/7/7
Drift Nights Juiced PS3 7/7/7/6

Next Week: FFXIII News

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Extollere said:
cool, but why make a thread about a thread we already have? Not to mention the over a thousand post official thread we have going.

Because shut up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
VotB is lookin hawt

The PSP SO remakes have really pretty prerendered backgrounds...very nice

SSBB = ^_^

Acosta

Valkyrie still looking great.

And great for SSBB, as a lone player I am glad to hear they have worked more in adventure mode.

Thanks for the scans.

Kenka

This time single player has tons of content. The adventure mode is quite long and fun. And the story presentation is amazing. As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill. The controls and sound are also satisfying. Hats off to Nintendo.
Score: 10

The new unpredictable factor that is the final smash allows us to enjoy an amazing effect and refreshing feel from any character. The fights are even more intense. The single player modes are abundant and a plus. The Fallen angel Adventure mode's movie and action tempo are good and you just forget time while playing. Im highly satisfied with the game.

The powerhouse cast and gimmicks! The dynamic and subtle character movements! The must see final smashes! There are tons of battle stages. The single player mode is also extremely satisfying. There is a stage edit, and you can browse through the detailed information in the game.
Score 10

The moves of the the all star roster of characters have been polished, and the addicting one player mode has been perfected. With its outstanding graphics and wonderful ambience, Brawl is an epic game in which you can feel the efforts that went into it. Every time you play it, you'll discover something new, and you'll savor both sweet joy and bitter loss when you battle.

Source www.brawlcentral.com

kay

The picture doesn't show it but Valkyrie is coming April 24 with a limited edition!

The Final Fantasy stuff hopefully includes the new characters at least.

duckroll

I don't see any indication that the Bionic Commando remake for XBLA/PSN is 2D. It could very well be a 3D remake ala Prince of Persia XBLA. Need better scan. :p

pswii60

duckroll said:
I don't see any indication that the Bionic Commando remake for XBLA/PSN is 2D. It could very well be a 3D remake ala Prince of Persia XBLA. Need better scan. :p

2D as in gameplay.

lupinko

kay said:
April 24th

Really? Does it say in the new Famitsu? The scan got cut off, and the official site never updated with the release date. That thread where Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!'s release date was revealed had the release date for VotB and it was March then. =x

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
For a second I thought it was a brand new 2D Bionic Commando being made but this is a nice secondary prize. Please stick to sprites.

When's the new VJump? Curious if that Suikoden rumor is going to have any truth to it.

Also, what's that Nobunaga game on the Star Ocean 2 page? New one for the PS2/Wii? Or just an upgrade pack, re-release, etc?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
what would you guys say when the remake of Bionic Commando was something in the vain of PoP classic, with the design of the character being that of the 3D game

Enk

makes good threads.
randomwab said:
OHH SHIT 2D BIONIC COMMANDO ON XLBA/PSN CONFIRMED :D

Holy shit that would be f'n awesome if true! The 3d remake seems descent but it doesn't feel like Bionic Commando to me stylewise. A 2d remake along side that will make me feel alot warmer inside.

Top Bottom