• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread this week (reviews first)

mutsu

angelfly said:
If it's true you can definitely be assured it's FF7r. It's the one game almost all PS3 owners want along with people who own other systems.

Dragon Quest X will also do some wonders.

TreIII

Duderz said:
Do people really think a FFVIIr will "save" the PS3 in Japan? Really?

That's what I'm also questioning. It may give the system a good boost in sales, but nothing short of a Dragon Quest announcement will really "save" the PS3 in Japan. FF, 7 or otherwise, does not seem to possess that same ability.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
TreIII said:
That's what I'm also questioning. It may give the system a good boost in sales, but nothing short of a Dragon Quest announcement will really "save" the PS3 in Japan. FF, 7 or otherwise, does not seem to possess that same ability.

Sony published an FF game (that just happened to be FF7). not a DQ game. If its gonna be either it'd be anything from SE, it'd most likely be FF7.

Lightning

Banned
Y2Kev said:
it's inane to think any 1 game will save anything

but damn if it won't be the biggest megaton ever
No I don't think that one game can be a saviour which was why I used brackets but you add something like FFVII to FFXIII, Versus XIII, SO4, KH (rumor) and you have a VERY strong RPG lineup and together they can do a lot.

I also don't think the PS3 needs saving though...

mutsu

Lightning said:
I also don't think the PS3 needs saving though...

:lol

Seriously, what the PS3 need is a price slash plus a series of must have RPGs. Even then, that will only save PS3 in Japan.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Lightning said:
No I don't think that one game can be a saviour which was why I used brackets but you add something like FFVII to FFXIII, Versus XIII, SO4, KH (rumor) and you have a VERY strong RPG lineup and together they can do a lot.
Especially with games like Heavenly Sword and Lair.

jeremy1456

TreIII said:

Not sure if Dragon Quest announcement could save PS3 in Japan at this point.

Don't get me wrong - the game would sell about 3.5 million copies (probably), which equals to the game possibly selling 3.5 million new consoles.

If it were to release today then that would put the console at 1 million higher than the Wii, but development would take years, and by then the gap between Wii and PS3 will probably be much larger than it is now.

Barakov

Gold Member
Chromax said:
What's wrong with Heavenly Sword?

Apparently some people don't like it. And per usual there's a bunch of people trolling it who've never played it. Old news, I know.

diunxx

The metal gear solid 4 (PS3/[konami]/this winter sale schedule)
New introduction of character
Sunny…The girl who recovers from the hand of organization " patriot " of the puzzle which controls America with the reverse side

[dorebin]…It cancels the ID certification system which is registered to the weapon, try to be able to use anew
The man who operates weapon [rondaringu]
Little Gray…With [dorebin] the living thing of the puzzle which acts
In addition Merill, introducing [jiyoni], [jiyonasan], [edo] and [heibun] [torupa] etc
The ring which is indicated in around the snake to be called [soretsutoringu], sign around
Those which visualize threat. When standing still in squatting state and creep state, it is indicated,
The effect is shown in search and the like around
By the fact that the item, “solid eye " is equipped, it is called the base line map
Change is possible in the radar. As for this focusing on the snake, those which visualize the sign around
When around is aggressive state, there are also times when area sign of the whole that keeps increasing
By the fact that the custom part is installed in portion of the weapon, it could add those which can be strengthened
Example) M4A1 [asarutoraihuru] installing the shot cancer/gun which is called to the barrel part the master key in the base,
Because of this, it reaches the point where the large damage can be given vis-a-vis the enemy of short distance,
Past the weapon of the highest number appears
Installation type sleep gas land mine, M870 custom, [jiyaberin] antitank missile, Mk.17 [asarutoraihuru]
M64E machine gun, operator hand cancer/gun, M14EBR [sunaiparaihuru] and stun knife etc

holy fuck someone translate this stat!!!!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Like I said, I REALLY don't see Sony funding entirely a sequel to an established series; I'd say it's almost impossible.

So either it is bad info and they meant Sony is funding a large part or a specific part of the development/or marketing, or it's not a known series but something new. And let's not forget it's just some guy who said it could save the PS3, that is just some dude's opinion on the news itself. I'm still betting on some sort of MMO.

Doctor_No

diunxx said:
holy fuck someone translate this stat!!!!

Rough translation, I didn't tranlate the stuff on the Solid Eye and about the system about the ring around Snake since I think it was covered before. . .

>>New Characters:
Sunny: a female who has escaped from the grasps of the "Patriots"
Trevin: An individual involved with weapons-laundering who can erase IDs from weapons so that they can be used again.
Little Grey: A mysterious creature who accompanies Trevin
Others: Meril, Jonathon, Ed, Haven Trooper, etc.

>>You are able to customize weapons in MGS4, for instance, you can change the barrel of a M4A1 assault rifle and convert it into a shotgun style weapon.

>>Some weapons in MGS4:
Gas mine, M870 Custom, Javelin missle, Mk 17 Assault Rifle, M64E, operator handgun, M14EBR Sniper Rifle, Stun Knife

vilmer_

mutsu said:
:lol

Seriously, what the PS3 need is a price slash plus a series of must have RPGs. Even then, that will only save PS3 in Japan.

As long as everything is rosy in nintendo-world.

Duderz

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Like I said, I REALLY don't see Sony funding entirely a sequel to an established series; I'd say it's almost impossible.

Why not? Sony's of in a pretty desperate situation right now, and this is a surefire way of getting some high-profile exclusives.

Jonnyram said:
Metal Gear Online will be bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4. No mention of price yet, though.

*thumbs up*

Let's enjoy!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Jonnyram said:
Metal Gear Online will be bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4. No mention of price yet, though.

w00t?!
Link? confirmation or are you making an assumption?

Please let it be true!

jett

D-Member
Jonnyram said:

O RLY. I guess Kojima is too nice to take advantage of his fanbots.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Pureauthor said:
Actually, it's more like the whole thing is a giant plohole, with scattered islands of coherency here and then.
After MPO, I think Kojima's just rewriting the thing as he goes, and changing stuff because he came up with a "better" idea involving family members and Ocelot. He just can't let it be.

By the time they release MGS4's "expansion" version, the events of Shadow Moses will have been retconned into an unpleasant misunderstanding at a snow cone stand in Florida; this "snow cone stand" was actually an Italian ice stand in disguise, and the vendor was not only the son of Sokolov and Para-Medic, but also the mother of Master Miller.

Jonnyram said:

Joy!

Top Bottom