• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famous Magician David Blaine Accused of Rape by Former Model

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/former-model-accuses-david-blaine-rape-1202594677/

Former model Natasha Prince has accused magician David Blaine of raping her in a private home in London’s Chelsea neighborhood during the summer of 2004, opening up about the alleged incident in an interview with the Daily Beast.

When contacted by Variety, a Met Police spokesperson provided the following statement, based on details from the Daily Beast report, but did not confirm the identities of either party involved: “Officers from the Met’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating an allegation of rape. The allegation was reported to police on 17 November 2016 by a woman who alleged she was raped at an address in Chelsea in June or July 2004 when she was aged 21. There have been no arrests at this stage and enquiries continue.”

Blaine’s attorney, Marty Singer, denied the allegations to Variety in a statement:

“My client vehemently denies that he raped or sexually assaulted any woman, ever, and he specifically denies raping a woman in 2004. If, in fact, there is any police investigation, my client will fully cooperate because he has nothing to hide,” he wrote.

Prince told the Daily Beast that she met Blaine the night before the alleged incident at a nightclub in Knightsbridge. He invited her to his friend’s private home for drinks. When she got to the house, he gave Prince a vodka soda before taking her into a bedroom. The last thing she remembers is Blaine telling her to “finish her drink.”

I don't blame her for taking over a decade before speaking out. Something like that must be so traumatic and David is a very public figure.

How come in every one of these threads people always accept the allegations as fact?

Yeah, this might have happened but at the present time it is all allegations. It's all just he said/she said. It always bugs me that anyone can be accused of anything and the internet almost always accepts it as fact, because even when the allegations are proven to be false, the accused's reputation is damaged beyond repair.

Aselith

Since this has been officially reported, what are the chances it actually leads to action? 13 years are a long time, how do the police go about investigating? Just looking for eyewitnesses I guess?

Copperfield got in trouble a few years ago for allegations similar to this.

e9dc1eabd930db8dcf1220a75a0207d9.jpg

But it's nice that high-profile creeps are starting to get outed like this. Let's hope it keeps up.

tr4nce 26

Banned
How come in every one of these threads people always accept the allegations as fact?

Yeah, this might have happened but at the present time it is all allegations. It's all just he said/she said. It always bugs me that anyone can be accused of anything and the internet almost always accepts it as fact, because even when the allegations are proven to be false, the accused's reputation is damaged beyond repair.

I agree.

It's important to take the allegations seriously, but there needs to be a full on investigation with proof before we condemn someone and smear their image.

Apt101

Never go back to the UK is an easy enough solution assuming he’s actually guilty

Pretty sure the US and UK have some kind of agreement where they will apprehend people in each respective country. Didn't Bernie Madoff get arrested in London? Or am I thinking of some other white collar criminal.

MisterR

Pretty sure the US and UK have some kind of agreement where they will apprehend people in each respective country. Didn't Bernie Madoff get arrested in London? Or am I thinking of some other white collar criminal.

This won’t amount to anything legally. There isn’t going to be any physical evidence a decade along so it’s gonna be he said, she said.

Arc

He's vehemently denying it so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for more information.

Top Bottom