• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest thing about that is he didn't say it wasn't true.

We've been playing MP everynight (though it keeps crashing and kicking us out every 5 minutes but you guys don't need to know that)

ok phil...

He did say it wasn't true.

we are playing SP & MP nightly. Anyone can post "stuff" to the web.

Hey, we're playing Multiplayer nightly and it's running just fine (easy to interpret from the way that he's willing to share this info, even though not required.

Anyone can post "stuff" to the web, anyone can make false claims on the internet, don't believe everything. He basically discredited everything by remind the guy how easy it is to lie on the internet.

Skeff

As someone who works for xbox live support, Im dreading the xbone launch.

I feel bad for you, in fact just about everyone here does feel bad for you because it's not your fault, it's the execs at the top who tried to all put their input into the xbox one and compromised it's vision so much.

Mohonky

Will wait for more, you can pretty much post anything negative about Xbox One right now and people will run with it as instant fact.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Hey, we're playing Multiplayer nightly and it's running just fine (easy to interpret from the way that he's willing to share this info, even though not required.

Anyone can post "stuff" to the web, anyone can make false claims on the internet, don't believe everything. He basically discredited everything by remind the guy how easy it is to lie on the internet.

Interpretative dancing around the question then?

Enectic

Banned
Nope, I'm referring to your condescending attitude. "Honestly, that's not an impressive list." Yes you haven't posted any information because you have no information. When someone who has insider information posts and its verified by matt, that's when you stop talking because there is nothing to discuss. Feel free to question information from questionable sources but not information that has been confirmed through multiple sources and Matt.

My apologies if I came off condescending. That was not my intent and I was merely pointing out that the list the poster so "triumphantly" posted was indeed not all that impressive. There is always something to discuss...especially insider information. It's information that cannot be immediately verified and cannot be backed up by known, verifiable sources. Personally I treat all "insider" information as rumor regardless of the source. Additionally I do not see this being confirmed by "multiple sources" including Matt. Can you please point these out to me? If you're referring to the other "insiders" hinting that this might hold some truth then I think that's reaching.

Skeff

heh, he really didn't, read it carefully, Mort isn't saying you can't play multiplayer, just that there are constant disconnects and it's really had to connect in the first place, He's not actually saying it's not true, just saying that anyone can lie on the internet so it makes you feel like he's saying it, without him actually having to say it.

Pop

They be playing mp locally splitscreen.

But I'm not surprised you would believe Phil over multiple sources here.

Verendus

Banned
Agreed, I don't think these conspiracy theories are in the realm of reality whatsoever.
Maybe we can be the beginning.

Be my Robin AJ. Even though I don't like him and would abandon him the first chance I got, but I wouldn't do that to you. We need a RROD rumour to start now. As Gordon said, it's about escalation. We need to go bigger.

i just woke up to this "news"
uhmmm for the last generaton, when i played with my friends, we used to have the 360 open to chat while we were playing ps3.

worstest case scnario in the world? this will be inverted for a little after launch? (even though i think its unexpected, its no big thing)

ok, i think we can survive this...
No, the worst case scenario is that you won't be able to really play online at all for One. The problems are not just with chat--invites, friend requests, and connecting to Live have all been mentioned as buggy and failing.

And the truly worst case scenario is that you won't be able to use PS4 online either. No one outside Sony (including journalists) has seen PSN work at all.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Dude.......dude. Come on.

We were also told not to believe "stuff online " when rumour of the launch countries being cut to 13 was floating around.

So much for that, huh?

My apologies if I came off condescending. That was not my intent and I was merely pointing out that the list the poster so "triumphantly" posted was indeed not all that impressive. There is always something to discuss...especially insider information. It's information that cannot be immediately verified and cannot be backed up by known, verifiable sources. Personally I treat all "insider" information as rumor regardless of the source. Additionally I do not see this being confirmed by "multiple sources" including Matt. Can you please point these out to me?

It's pretty impressive.

Most of us just forget the rumors that he rebukes.

TheCloser

Banned
My apologies if I came off condescending. That was not my intent and I was merely pointing out that the list the poster so "triumphantly" posted was indeed not all that impressive. There is always something to discuss...especially insider information. It's information that cannot be immediately verified and cannot be backed up by known, verifiable sources. Additionally I do not see this being confirmed by "multiple sources" including Matt. Can you please point these out to me?
I would love to but I'm on my phone, feel free to read the thread. I do apologize if I sound aggressive in my posts. Its not my intent, it just comes out that way sometimes. Mort mentioned that several devs confirmed this with him and he posted a snippet of one conversation.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Be my Robin AJ. Even though I don't like him and would abandon him the first chance I got, but I wouldn't do that to you. We need a RROD rumour to start now. As Gordon said, it's about escalation. We need to go bigger.

I can only imagine you looking at all of this with DemonNite with a look of puzzlement.

Skeff

We were also told not to believe "stuff online " when rumour of the launch countries being cut to 13 was floating around.

So much for that, huh?

I still think it's insane we got an actual leak of the exact 13 countries. I woul expect it to just been "I heard some countries are delayed" but we got "these 13 are the only 2013 launches.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
XboxOnebetatested.jpg

(I'm assuming it's already been posted but I couldn't find it)

As much as I dislike Robin as well, I'll do it for you. As long as it's one of those modernized, "gritty" versions of the outfit and not some skimpy outfit.

You take the lead and I'll have you're back. I won't even bring up your parent issues or how creepy you are at times.

Quoting and replying and then going back to where this was and reading from there....

I don't take this seriously. Well, I kinda do... I felt bad that it was taking me so long to write up that I pointed people on twitter to talk to my wife. They called her a tranny. Not just one person.

We laughed. It's all good.

Now back to where this post was.

This is why I screen all interactions with my wife when it comes to gaming world. She doesn't even wear a headset when we game together over XBL (mostly firefight in Halo Reach) because of all the immature little cretons dangling their epeen at her when they hear a female voice. People are ignorant, insecure pricks and they lash out at you for disrupting their vision of the world, and if the opportunity presents itself they will lash out at those you love too. It's fucking disgusting. I'm glad you let it roll off though man, sounds like you and your wife are pretty level-headed about that stuff.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
People complained that the Wii U had a bad OS because it was slower at launch. At least it was stable...
The Wii U is still pretty slow and network performance remains abysmal. Nobody expected much from Nintendo on that front, however, while it was a specialty of MS in 360.

Sinthor

Gold Member
This is good advice. Mort should probably have a stiff drink and take a small step back into the bushes, tbh. Personal life always comes first

When youre passed information, casually, its one thing. When youre used as a mouthpiece, its a completely different thing. Not a positive one. It can lead to... bad things.

Microsoft was more rushed than Sony. Although they had plans in place pretty far back (you've seen some of this paperwork leaked to the media) they were behind when it came to decision making and execution. I don't remember a recent console launch that wasn't rushed with bugs & missing features but I think in this case MS has been more constrained than a typical one.

Well, I agree..MS has definitely seemed very rushed. I'm just saying that's not necessarily the case. It could just be poor planning, organization and/or bad execution as well. Or they COULD have been surprised and rushing it all. Either way, we'll see the truth of all this now in just a matter of weeks. Should be interesting!

Well it is a huge error and again shows that the wrong people were in charge, a very common mistake in corporate.

I am not defending ms but I imangin this will be more stable at launch or they will "stagger" the functionality out, again this is not uncommon with ms software over the last few years.

What does what we're talking about now have to do with game's being in certification?

Although maybe Phil can tell us what resolution these games are rendering at, now that he's playing them nightly and they have builds for certification.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.
The fire is warm. And the night is dark and full of terrors.

Enectic

Banned
I would love to but I'm on my phone, feel free to read the thread. I do apologize if I sound aggressive in my posts. Its not my intent, it just comes out that way sometimes.

No problem, I do see other insiders chiming in that this might hold some truth but I wouldn't personally call that confirmation. If you feel their conjecture is enough then that's definitely an opinion you're entitled to. I would like to see more verifiable sources before I would call this confirmed though.

Why are forum users allowed to be used as sources all the time now?

I am just asking questions. Not that it's not possibly but come on these threads turn into fud campaigns for n4g all the time. Just seems kinda messed up.

Dude.......dude. Come on.

I'm trying my hardest to believe my $500 investment on November 22nd isn't a mistake. :p I just find it hard to believe Microsoft will fuck up their OS so badly that it crashes and has mainstream issues. It being fucked up right now? Yeah I believe it and it's expected since everything we've been shown has been running unfinished software. Microsoft still has about 3 weeks to fix issues, there's a good chance it'll be fixed.

It's just trying to stay optimistic really. I don't doubt CBOAT, Mortimer, etc, I just believe their information may be a little outdated and exaggerating the issues Microsoft has been having. I haven't seen any real signs of them having issues with the OS of the Xbox One. Yes, there have been some crashes here and there on unfinished builds of the OS and game software, but seriously, that's expected. Hell some leaks like the kid who got the Xbox One at his house showed the Dashboard working just fine and dandy.

No, he really didn't. With PR speak you always have to look deeper. What did he say exactly? He clearly wants you to interpret something, don't, just read what he said. They almost never outright lie, but they love to leave things open to interpretation and point you to the one most convenient to them.

TheCloser

Banned
No problem, I do see other insiders chiming in that this might hold some truth but I wouldn't personally call that confirmation. If you feel their conjecture is enough then that's definitely an opinion you're entitled to. I would like to see more verifiable sources before I would call this confirmed though.
I edited my post with more info.

Silky

Banned
I'm trying my hardest to believe my $500 investment on November 22nd isn't a mistake. :p I just find it hard to believe Microsoft will fuck up their OS so badly that it crashes and has mainstream issues. It being fucked up right now? Yeah I believe it and it's expected since everything we've been shown has been running unfinished software. Microsoft still has about 3 weeks to fix issues, there's a good chance it'll be fixed.

It's just trying to stay optimistic really. I don't doubt CBOAT, Mortimer, etc, I just believe their information may be a little outdated and exaggerating the issues Microsoft has been having. I haven't seen any real signs of them having issues with the OS of the Xbox One. Yes, there have been some crashes here and there on unfinished builds of the OS and game software, but seriously, that's expected. Hell some leaks like the kid who got the Xbox One at his house showed the Dashboard working just fine and dandy.

I can respect that.

Derpcrawler

Devs verified to mort, thuway chimed in and matt said they were not unfounded.

Well, as many people said mort and thuway are not "insiders" they just "know people" (at least that what I gathered, excuse me if I am wrong), they do not have direct access, so it can be inaccurate and there is no way to verify it unless people like CBOAT confirm it. And Matt left only 2 posts here, both messages are very vague and can be used either way:

This thread is fascinating.

Hmm, no I didn't, did I?

I am not saying that mort or thuway are wrong, I am just saying that people shouldn't put lot of faith in their accuracy. And I believe that XBL/Xbox OS have lot of issues since they were planning to launch in 2014, but the hype leading to this thread wasn't justified, and mort was the one hyping this up beyond any reason.

Thing is one of the perks people chose Xbox one is Xbox live.

If that is not working properly then they have fucked things. And if they done anything to that controller then god help them.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Why are forum users allowed to be used as sources all the time now?

I am just asking questions. Not that it's not possibly but come on these threads turn into fud campaigns for n4g all the time. Just seems kinda messed up.

because he's proven reliable in the past.
poor microsoft
who cares about n4g when you got neogaf, homie

cluderi

I'm getting an image of people in black suits and sunglasses abducting people after they press the guide button at events "your turn is over"

Ironically I did this at one of those truck events on Saturday and they didn't seem to care, I moved around the tiles for 10 seconds or so then went back to the game ( Forza )

I just wanted to see if I could play Killer Instinct instead (Forza looks very nice but I like fighting games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom