• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan created project shows what amateur remake of God of War would look like in UE5

solidus12

Incredible…

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet
Arsenal Fc Smile GIF by BBC

Rat Rage

Am I the only one who feels that there is too much detail? I find it visually exhausting if there is too much detail, because then the games character and the games backgrounds kind of blend together (like with a camouflage pattern).

Kikorin

Somehow remember me of the scrapped remake Ubisoft was doing for Prince of Persia (well, it's still in development, but luckily rebooted). Anyway looks good for a fanmade project, looks terrible for an actual remake.

winjer

Gold Member
Looks incredibly bad. The amount of post processing is ridiculous bad, and is there only to mask the low quality assets.
I know it's just some student or hobbyist, but when videos and forum threads claim it's something amazing, it will set the bar too high.

supernova8

Banned
Fucking hell I swear every day we get a "omg look what game this one dude in a cardboard box made on Unreal Engine 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" bollocks. They always look shit.

Just goes to show how few next-gen looking games we have close to three years into this cycle. People are like:

Comedy Ill Do It Myself GIF by Apple TV+

samjaza

animations look like models were not properly rigged.
From what I see, the trend of the "now in UE5" demos seem to be grab a bunch of stock assets and one skeleton to rig all the models, smear the screen with vaseline and
add a sprinkle of AA over the top.

From the ones I have seen, they all look bad.

Last edited:
Awful. The lighting is just bad. Torches mounted on the wall wouldn’t give off that much light in an outside area in broad daylight.

Valt7786

I appreciate its fanmade, 1 or 2 people whatever, but I could not fathom even thinking of putting my work on the internet and including those bits where Kratos is running and looks like a roided up popeye, or where the blade is clipping into his back etc. Surely they could see those parts look awful? :/

kiphalfton

Everything about this looks awful. The assets, the character models, the environmental effects, animations, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom