• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fan Powered Flight" - You asked for it! (Mystery website and countdown)

Carl

UPDATE:

Timer hit zero - www.fanpoweredflight.net

http://youtu.be/XngLC4KFPaU

Native PSN version of Velocity coming to PSVita. Will feature trophies etc. Upgraded art style (much more modern as opposed to the "retro" style of original game).

From the man himself:

I hope that teaser wasn't too disappointing for you, because our dreams are basically coming true on this now - we're hiring some amazing people, and we'll be announcing some great news along those lines first thing in January.

As for some detail on the project, we're updating Velocity for PS Vita with a much more modern art style. The shot in the video that is being pieced together is the benchmark image, not in-game screenshot (for that you'll have to wait til January 11th), but we're on target to deliver very near that level of quality if not bang on, and in some areas significantly better.

--

Original:

Okay so this is a bit of a mystery one. Hoping some GAF detectives can work out what it is.

There's a countdown stating "You asked for it" on www.thesixthaxis.com linking to http://www.fanpoweredflight.net/ - click the link and you'll see why i'm posting it here. It includes lots of GAF usernames, including my own.

As pointed out by a user on TSA on this story , there's a possible FuturLab connection here. As the story points out, FuturLab have just signed a deal with Sony, so this game is more than likely something for Playstation Platforms.

So this made me wonder, just what the hell is it?

Doing a bit of digging around, i found the old Velocity thread and quite a few of the usernames from the website appear to be in this thread. Could this possibly be a full PSN version of Velocity, or maybe something else? Anyone have any guesses of what it could or could not be? :)

wouwie

Doing a bit of digging around, i found the old Velocity thread and quite a few of the usernames from the website appear to be in this thread. Could this possibly be a full PSN version of Velocity, or maybe something else? Anyone have any guesses of what it could or could not be? :)

I have a feeling that you're on to something there :)

Velocity 2 for Vita is my guess. Which would be awesome news since i loved that game.

kerrak

I think the news here is the use of gaf member nicks in the ad/countdown. Thread title should have reflected it. As for the mystery i have no idea.

Sid

They just signed a deal with Sony, so Sony is funding their games for the time being. No need for a kickstarter.

I think the "fan powered" refers to how the fans asked for the game.
Or how they supported the first one.

Carl

Yeah, it's definitely Velocity sequel. First half of the users have posted in GAF's Velocity thread. The other half has posted in Velocity's Youtube videos.

Nice find :) Didn't think of looking on the YouTube videos.

Look forward to more info on this then. Great stuff.

Carl

Niiiiiiiice. Full PSN game would be sweet (leaderboards), but no chance of that happening, right?

Sure. They always said that if Velocity did well they would think about a full PSN version.

They seem to be teasing exactly that. Can't think of anything else it could be, with all of the clues! :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sure. They always said that if Velocity did well they would think about a full PSN version.

They seem to be teasing exactly that. Can't think of anything else it could be, with all of the clues! :p

That would be so fucking ace.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey FuturLab, if you are reading this. Its astonishingly cool to listen to your community like this. I'll vow to buy every one of the games you'll release from now on.

Whoa my name is on that list!!! Yes I want a full PSN sequel to Velocity as well.

Here is my only post from the Velocity thread:

You could rerelease nearly the same game and give to option to touch where you want to teleport and I would rebuy.

That and trophies of course.

Best use of touch screen confirmed? And trophies?

Carl

Whoa my name is on that list!!! Yes I want a full PSN sequel to Velocity as well.

Here is my only post from the Velocity thread:

Best use of touch screen confirmed? And trophies?

Well of course it will have trophies if it's a full PSN game :) Might have touch screen stuff... but given their marketing for Velocity, i'd say that's unlikely.

YouAskedForIt-1000x134.jpg

More (dif. sizes/fonts) @ http://www.fanpoweredflight.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/

recurv

Neo Member
Well well well, this is all very exciting isn't it? :)

So, who else is finding the content on TheSixthAxis.com REFRESH-ing?

/epicmassivehint

Carl

Well well well, this is all very exciting isn't it? :)

So, who else is finding the content on TheSixthAxis.com REFRESH-ing?

/epicmassivehint

Been refreshing it all day and seen the image keeps changing. I'm an idiot and can't work out what the image is though

recurv

Neo Member
Hey FuturLab, if you are reading this. Its astonishingly cool to listen to your community like this. I'll vow to buy every one of the games you'll release from now on.

Aww, we *really* appreciate the support we get from people that enjoy our games. All we have at the end of the day is our reputation, so all of this stuff matters.

It's good fun too :)

wouwie

Can't wait for the reveal. My bet is on Velocity 2 for Vita which would be awesome. Hopefully, we'll get some screens/video but the project is probably in the early stages of development since the Sony deal was only announced recently?

The only things i want to see changed for a new Velocity is a tad more varied and maybe a bit snazzier graphics. The gameplay and music was awesome so more of that would be nice :)

DiscoJer

I'd really like a Velocity Deluxe than Velocity 2.

That is, have new levels, but also the old levels as well.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I don't know if I'd want more Velocity. I like how Futurlab has several games that while not completely different are in fact different games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Let me understand, they can do vita native games?
It would be weird imo, psm seems enough for the games they make and for 2d in general, better 3d is maybe the only real big reason to make vita native games, and honestly i never liked the 2d->3d jump in games.

DBT85

It would be weird imo, psm seems enough for the games they make and for 2d in general, better 3d is maybe the only real big reason to make vita native games, and honestly i never liked the 2d->3d jump in games.

At the moment PSM games can not have trophies and can not be played on the PS3.

A proper PSN release can have both, and will also have greater access to the Vita's power which is more cut off from PSM games.

At this time we have no idea if this will be a PSN release or just another PSM release with new bits on.

Carl

Making it for PSN doesn't mean it has to be 3D...? Minis have a file size restriction so above all, making a full PSN version would allow them to do as much as they want and make as much game as they want without having to worry about that kind of thing. Then there are also added benefits like PSN integration meaning there can be leaderboards (which is something a lot of people wanted in Velocity)

Toma

2:30hrs left ladies and gents.

Top Bottom