• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fandango: Dwayne Johnson teases fight with Superman

Link.

Get ready to watch Dwayne Johnson throw down with Henry Cavill’s Superman, and according to Johnson we may see his big introduction to the DC cinematic universe as the character Black Adam sooner than you’d think.

While doing press for his upcoming Baywatch, Johnson spoke with Fandango correspondant Nikki Novak, confirming that his DC debut is most definitely in the works, and that fans should prepare for a major surprise. Check out his comments below.

“It’s definitely going to happen, sure,” he said when asked for a status on his Black Adam movie. “We’ve had great conversations with Geoff Johns and everyone over at DC. It’s an exciting time right now for everyone at DC because they are in a process now where they are building out [their DC universe] really nicely. We have a really cool surprise for Black Adam that I can’t reveal, in terms of where we will see Black Adam being introduced.”

Johnson has been attached to the character of Black Adam as far back as 2008. The antihero, an arch nemesis of the character Shazam, was originally supposed to be the villain in a Shazam solo movie. But now that Johnson’s star power has greatly increased in the years since his signing on, the decision was made to give Black Adam his own film, natch. And based on Johnson’s comments above, we may see him show up sooner than later – perhaps even as soon as the upcoming Justice League movie, due out this November.

What we do know, though, is that Johnson’s Black Adam will at some point put the smackdown on Henry Cavill’s Superman. A few months ago Johnson teased the meet-up on Instagram (see above), and he all but confirmed to Fandango that a match-up between the two is most assuredly in the works.

“One fine day… that’s coming,” Johnson said with a smirk. “That’s in the cards."

Khoryos

Have they actually announced any plans to introduce, y'know, Captain Marvel?

Admittedly, the only CM plotline I can remember is when the rest of the League thought he was a paedophile because he was hitting on... I think Wondergirl? And they didn't know he was actually a kid himself.

This might be the first time I root for the villain in a superhero movie. Johnson is fantastic and I can't wait to see him in the role. He should debut in Justice League 2, and beat the snot out of the whole team before they have to bounce back and defeat him (maybe with the help of Shazam or whatever).

I want it to be a straight up wrestling fight with Adam and Supes with Jim Ross commentating
WARNER TAKE MY MONEY

ELECTRIFIED PEOPLE'S ELBOW

The Justice League beats whoever the fuck the villain is in JL, Adam flies down the ramp in slow motion, starts cutting a scathing promo on the League, they're​ completely helpless, Batman is about to get hit with the Adam's Elbow and then

BBBBRRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH *horns blare*
MAN THROW SUPERMAN IN THE BUSHES LESGO
CnNrn5f.png
vs
eyS2Ice.png

Have they actually announced any plans to introduce, y'know, Captain Marvel?

The Justice League beats whoever the fuck the villain is in JL, Adam flies down the ramp in slow motion, starts cutting a scathing promo on the League, they're​ completely helpless, Batman is about to get hit with the Adam's Elbow and then

caliph95

Captain Marvel: YOUR TIME IS UP, MY TIME IS NOW

Top Bottom