• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

shadyspace said:
Are my fellow American importers really going to whether the agonizing shipping wait to play it?

If I end up deciding to import, I'm not going to be agonizing every day it doesn't come lol. It'll come when it comes. I can do other stuff.

Bel Marduk said:
If I end up deciding to import, I'm not going to be agonizing every day it doesn't come lol. It'll come when it comes. I can do other stuff.

End up deciding? It's a no-brainer. I was expecting to pay US$75 or more for the game but it was less than $50 from ASDA. No reason to not get the import if you're at all interested in the game.

shadyspace said:
Are my fellow American importers really going to whether the agonizing shipping wait to play it?
My friend's flight is two days after it comes out and he'll be here later that day. I'll be getting it kind of stupid early.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
shadyspace said:

Not really. I haven't even played the last 3 Wii EU imports I bought.
;p

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
chaostrophy said:
End up deciding? It's a no-brainer. I was expecting to pay US$75 or more for the game but it was less than $50 from ASDA. No reason to not get the import if you're at all interested in the game.

Isn't ASDA a grocery store?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

EDIT 2: Any coupons you used?

Shiggy

Don't know whether this gives any hope, but Nintendo allowed German publisher ak tronik to publish and print new copies of Mario Power Tennis and Super Smash Bros Brawl in future.

They even chose a new cover, the American one...
512FSNhbHPL._AA300_.jpg
51YhhSABOwL._AA300_.jpg

It's not impossible for a 3rd party publisher to publish Nintendo games.

creid

Shiggy said:
It's not impossible for a 3rd party publisher to publish Nintendo games.
Awesome. Whether or not we ever get these games, this is good news at least. It's a stupid policy.

Gravijah said:
...Why wouldn't Nintendo publish more copies of Brawl themselves? I don't understand.
They don't think there are enough potential buyers out there to justify the cost?

Shiggy

Gravijah said:
...Why wouldn't Nintendo publish more copies of Brawl themselves? I don't understand.

Why don't other publisher reissue new copies of their games? ak tronik publishes a load of games over here nowadays...Resident Evil 4, the Rabbids games (that's why we didn't get the collection), among others.

Gravijah

Shiggy said:
Why don't other publisher reissue new copies of their games? ak tronik publishes a load of games over here nowadays...Resident Evil 4, the Rabbids games (that's why we didn't get the collection), among others.

Just seems so strange to me with titles as big as Brawl. Then again I'm American and I'm used to seeing 10 copies of Brawl on the shelf of every store I walk into. :/

Owzers

Buzzati said:
This is far too much work on the consumer's part. Fuck them if doing all this is what's needed to get their attention.

Why buy Wii games when you can save your money for a Wii U in 2012? Just put your Wii in the closet like normal people do.

adroit

GameE said:
That is old >_>
And discredited. The most likely explanation I read was that OpRainfall's inside source was probably dazed and confused about what NoA was actually doing (which was probably helping NoE test the European release, which they've done for other titles in the past).

Edit: As lunchwithyuzo points out in a later post, the report has not been discredited. I chose the wrong word. Many people are skeptical about the likelihood of an American release but nothing has been discredited yet.

NeededSleep said:
Anyone hear anything if the Nintendo booth was hammered with Xenoblade questions?

Apparently, Nintendos booth was invite only, regular fans were not allowed to approach. This was according to post at Ops Rainfalls PB page, so Im not sure if this was true.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Buzzati said:
This is far too much work on the consumer's part. Fuck them if doing all this is what's needed to get their attention.

If they do release these games in the US after all, the real problem is Nintendo's super secretive, customer unfriendly public relations style.

They refuse to talk about any plans. They'll outright lie and deny they're doing something the day before they do it. They leave customers hanging, believing that a given platform has been totally abandoned. When they do make statements they're usually vague and full of weasel terms.

They seem to be determined to utterly control the mindscape of their market, but in a much more clumsy and crude way than say, a company like Apple. Perhaps it can be pinned on being "very Japanese" but even by Japanese standards, Nintendo seems like a black cube that absorbs all radiation with ne're a single photon spilt.

They seem 100% oblivious to the concept of starving a userbase and driving them to not care in the rare instance they actually release something.

Kaijima said:
If they do release these games in the US after all, the real problem is Nintendo's super secretive, customer unfriendly public relations style.

They refuse to talk about any plans. They'll outright lie and deny they're doing something the day before they do it. They leave customers hanging, believing that a given platform has been totally abandoned. When they do make statements they're usually vague and full of weasel terms.

They seem to be determined to utterly control the mindscape of their market, but in a much more clumsy and crude way than say, a company like Apple. Perhaps it can be pinned on being "very Japanese" but even by Japanese standards, Nintendo seems like a black cube that absorbs all radiation with ne're a single photon spilt.

They seem 100% oblivious to the concept of starving a userbase and driving them to not care in the rare instance they actually release something.

Hey Kaijima, Im a junior, and while I was lurking, your posts made so much sense to me. I agree 100% with your criticisms on the way Nintendo has behaved in relation to this localization matter. Just wanted to say that.

I mailed my letters, bombed their FB page and twitter, but I'm done now. I don't even care anymore. I just play GameCube game on my Wii now. I wont be buying a WiiU though when it launches. Ive never witnessed a company with the #1 selling home console in North America by a large margin not release significant software for weeks if not months. Compare the output of the Wii to the PS2. What a waste of plastic.

Toth

SpaceBridge said:
Hey Kaijima, Im a junior, and while I was lurking, your posts made so much sense to me. I agree 100% with your criticisms on the way Nintendo has behaved in relation to this localization matter. Just wanted to say that.

I mailed my letters, bombed their FB page and twitter, but I'm done now. I don't even care anymore. I just play GameCube game on my Wii now. I wont be buying a WiiU though when it launches. Ive never witnessed a company with the #1 selling home console in North America by a large margin not release significant software for weeks if not months. Compare the output of the Wii to the PS2. What a waste of plastic.

Great points. I am also amazed how poor third person software has been for the system. Do companies just stay away because of the system itself or because of Nintendo. The highest selling console should have the highest number of games available, no?

Let me in

Kaijima said:

They're bizarrely tight-lipped. It's a one-way road with Nintendo; there's never a dialogue. It's almost like they're afraid they're going to get a disease from their customers!

And I think being "very Japanese" is a silly excuse. I could name a few Japanese companies that don't have any problem having a few words with their customers (i.e. blog/twitter interaction) in a form other than a prescribed statement for the appropriate situation.

And it's a deluded view, too! Controlling PR output does not necessarily control the perception of the company or the information they're trying to shepherd.

NeededSleep

SpaceBridge said:
Apparently, Nintendos booth was invite only, regular fans were not allowed to approach. This was according to post at Ops Rainfalls PB page, so Im not sure if this was true.

invite only? =/ wow thats fucked up if true. Guess people had to give Reggie a H.J. to play fortune street demo.

Shiggy said:

???

It came out in Europe and NA, I've seen boxes of the PAL release. Unless you mean in a specific place in the PAL regions?

adroit said:
And discredited. The most likely explanation I read was that OpRainfall's inside source was probably dazed and confused about what NoA was actually doing (which was probably helping NoE test the European release, which they've done for other titles in the past).
It hasn't been discredited? There's a lot of speculation, in all directions, but OR's source hasn't been revealed (or discredited) yet

Okay, so I've been out of the loop, whats going on now?

NoA pretty much shot down any hopes of it coming to NA, so we are all importing in from Europe?

What are the best places to order from?

How so I play it on my NA Wii?

GameE

HammerOfThor said:
Okay, so I've been out of the loop, whats going on now?

NoA pretty much shot down any hopes of it coming to NA, so we are all importing in from Europe?

What are the best places to order from?

How so I play it on my NA Wii?

I kinda need these answers also, I have been out of the loop lately >_> but yeah gotta import

adroit

lunchwithyuzo said:
There's a lot of speculation, in all directions, but OR's source hasn't been revealed (or discredited) yet
You are absolutely correct. "Discredited" was the wrong word to use. Sorry about that. What I really meant was many people are skeptical and/or don't have much hope that it's actually going to be released despite what OR's inside source reported. "Questioned" or "discounted" would have been more appropriate.

Codeblue

PixyJunket said:
I just know that once I pay to import this, it'll just get released over here.

I had this thought process, then I looked up import prices and wound up paying $42 for the game. Import prices between here and Europe aren't crazy like they are with Asian imports. Even if it does get localized, it's not that big a deal for your wallet.

adroit said:
You are absolutely correct. "Discredited" was the wrong word to use. Sorry about that. What I really meant was many people are skeptical and/or don't have much hope that it's actually going to be released despite what OR's inside source reported. "Questioned" or "discounted" would have been more appropriate.
I did ask around and the rumors of an NTSC Xenoblade (that was definitely different from NOA testing Euroblade) that the OPRainfall source talked about do appear to have some basis in reality.

No one get excited, though, because I have no idea when it was thrown about or if it even went anywhere. But I brought up the OP Rainfall thing to a few people and they sort of went "Yeah, that's not entirely made up."

adroit said:
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the source getting their wires crosssed if anything. NOA having a" fully localized for Americans" release they instead sit on and shelve wouldn't be surprising either given that's what happened with Disaster, ASH and who knows how many other titles.

Codeblue

ShockingAlberto said:
No one get excited, though, because I have no idea when it was thrown about or if it even went anywhere. But I brought up the OP Rainfall thing to a few people and they sort of went "Yeah, that's not entirely made up."

Ha!

Diablos

I cannot believe this game isn't coming to North America. I would seriously consider buying a Wii just to play this game.

Have JRPG's really become that irrelevant here in the face of endless uninspired FPS clones, am I dreaming, or is Nintendo just being lazy?

They have the money and resources to bring these games over here, there's no reason why they can't.

creid

Kaijima said:

This is every company's PR style. This is just what you do when you're in PR.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
creid said:
This is every company's PR style. This is just what you do when you're in PR.

It is true that the job of PR is to stay on message, but when the message sucks, the blame starts with PR and goes all the way back to the people making the decisions.

wrowa

Gravijah said:
ak tronic are the publisher of the so-called "Software Pyramide", a German budget label that is present in literally every small super market. If a publisher wants their old games to be part of the "Software Pyramide" they have to go with ak tronic -- according to ak tronic they are the ones who are selling the most games in the Germany period, so there's little reason why a publisher wouldn't want to be part of the pyramide.

When is Xenoblade Chronicles' release date?

19th of August, 2011.

How can I play this game on my US Wii?

Guide 1 l Guide 2 l NeoGAF Homebrew Thread

Where can I order this for delivery to the US?

Zavvi £29.85 l GAME (Collectors Edition) £49.99 l GAME (Regular Edition) £37.99 l 365games £31.99 l ASDA £29.91

Is the Collectors Edition available to order from anywhere else/for cheaper?

Unfortunately, no. The Collectors Edition is exclusive to GAME.

What does the Collectors Edition include?

A copy of the game, a red Classic Controller Pro, and in some countries (including the UK, which all of the above order links are) 3 A1 sized posters electronically signed by the Tetsuya Takahashi. Large versions of the posters can be found below;

If I order this from a European country that does not speak English, will I be stuck playing the game in French/Spanish/Italian/German?

No. The game's voice acting will only be available in English and Japanese, whilst only subtitles will be available to encompass other European languages.

Top Bottom