• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Hiltz

Wow, the game really shot up to the top 10 chart.

I pre-ordered the game yesterday and will ask my sister's boyfriend to do the same even though he won't actually buy it.

wsippel

Banned
AceBandage said:
Yeah, and that's not even a big budget release game.
Imagine if this had gotten the backing that an Assassin's Creed does. People really undersell what the Wii can do.
The team did this in what? Less than two years or something? On a shoestring budget. I won't even begin to imagine what they could do with an Assassin's Creed budget, on an HD system, in three or four years. My brain would melt.

Diffense

There must be no gamers/game developers left at the top of Nintendo of America.
They don't seem to think "this is a great game, we believe in the product, let's market and ship".
Rather the reasoning seems to be, "this won't sell given the genre/content, let's pass on it"...strictly business.

The idea to go ahead and preorder might actually be the smartest move if we any hope of cutting through the bull.
Is there a chance that with enough preorders even Amazon might even start asking Nintendo about it?
Heck if I, as a vendor, had many preorders for a product I know exists I'd defrinitely ask the manufacturer when I'll be able to fill my orders.

Ezalc

I posted on their facebook. I didn't pre-order because I'm in a touchy situation regarding actually buying games, I would have added to my cart just to show support but when it gets a release date (Gotta stay positive right?) then I wouldn't know if I could pay for it as soon as it was released.

Ezalc said:
I posted on their facebook. I didn't pre-order because I'm in a touchy situation regarding actually buying games, I would have added to my cart just to show support but when it gets a release date (Gotta stay positive right?) then I wouldn't know if I could pay for it as soon as it was released.

Support is support.
In loo of actually pre-ordering, you could always send a snail mail petition when everyone else does.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Unfortunately, I can't pre-order because I'm in Canada, thus can only use Amazon.ca and it doesn't have Monado listed.

:(

(That and I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy it there anyway.)

Is there even any possible scenario where these games wouldn't make any money considering Xenoblade is already localized and TLS/PT will probably follow for Europe? With all this buzz I really doubt NoA wouldn't make any profit for a game that wouldn't take much effort to release...

I haven't preordered it yet because I simply don't have the cash available. I've also added it to my cart in the meantime.

But believe you me, once I get my hands on $60, I'm preordering the fucker. It's just too good to pass up.

[Nintex]

But this sort of thing never works. Remember Sin & Punishment 2? What a bomba that was, damn shame since it was a great game.

[Nintex] said:
Calling Nintendo fans to arms?

This won't end well, what have you people started! 0_o

War.

Phoenix_Apollo said:
I haven't preordered it yet because I simply don't have the cash available. I've also added it to my cart in the meantime.

But believe you me, once I get my hands on $60, I'm preordering the fucker. It's just too good to pass up.

Preordering from Amazon costs you nothing, fyi.

Foffy

Banned
[Nintex] said:
But this sort of thing never works. Remember Sin & Punishment 2? What a bomba that was, damn shame since it was a great game.

Nintendo didn't market the game, and they released right on the heels of Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the US.

They sent the game to die.

Terminas

Neo Member
Bel Marduk said:
Is there even any possible scenario where these games wouldn't make any money considering Xenoblade is already localized and TLS/PT will probably follow for Europe? With all this buzz I really doubt NoA wouldn't make any profit for a game that wouldn't take much effort to release...
That's what I don't get...it's not like they have to make these games mega-releases on the scale of Mario, Zelda, etc.

Just print small amounts of copies and do more as needed. If Atlus and XSeed can do it...(and in those cases they even have to pay for the localization as well).

Ezalc

AceBandage said:
Support is support.
In loo of actually pre-ordering, you could always send a snail mail petition when everyone else does.
Considering I'm in an entirely different country, snail mail would take a new meaning hahaha.

Diffense

[Nintex] said:

I hope for the best but I'm not relying on it..
There'll always be NOE's release as a fallback.
Thanks NOE!

[Nintex] said:

At least when S&P2 came out, it wasn't in the middle of a drought.

If Nintendo honestly plans on supporting the Wii once the Wii U releases (a good move), they still need good games for it. Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower could fill that void, if not sooner.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Phoenix_Apollo said:

They don't charge you until the item ships.

The message to Nintendo being, "here's my money, ship the game if you want it."

Effect

Bel Marduk said:

Xenoblade is already being localized in Europe. There is already a English translation done. It's British English but that shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. There should already be a Spanish and French text translation as well. What more do you need for North America? Not sure what languages they include in their South American releases though. So maybe that's a problem but just translate the text and call it a day the way NoE. They in theory would just need to make it run on NTSC TVs and North American Wii systems and print the discs. Both of which have to cost almost nothing. The work is already done for Nintendo of America as NoE has done it already. A European and North American release should result in twice the Japanese sales sales in both places, not combined, just do to the differences in population alone.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nice to see the community mature somewhat and learn from past mistakes. Online petitions just don't work.

wsippel

Banned
[Nintex] said:
I believe this might end up a little different. It's also Japanese as well, but it's a completely different genre. One that's actually still very relevant - probably more so than ever. It's basically a single player MMO. It's also something that would cost NoA next to nothing, considering NoE already localized it anyway. :)

Struct09

FYI, the address for NOA in the OP doesn't exist anymore - that's their old building that was demolished. Their new address is 4600 150th AVE NE.

The letters will probably get forwarded, but just letting you know.

creid

Effect said:
Xenoblade is already being localized in Europe. There is already a English translation done. It's British English but that shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. There should already be a Spanish and French text translation as well. What more do you need for North America?
I would think NoA would probably require American voice work. Is there any precedent for them using the same voicework as a European release, outside of the obvious Mario/Metroid/etc? (lol, I almost included Zelda in that list)

creid said:
I would think NoA would probably require American voice work. Is there any precedent for them using the same voicework as a European release, outside of the obvious Mario/Metroid/etc? (lol, I almost included Zelda in that list)

There's absolutely no need for them to use American voices.
In fact, it would be better marketing NOT to use American voices, since Americans seem to respond better to British accents.

Go_Ly_Dow

AceBandage said:
What does an average IGN front page article get?

No idea.

What would help is if the article got posted on to N4G. I don't have an account myself so if anyone else does then that would go a long way in spreading the news.

udivision

creid said:

"I say, good chap, Listen!"
"Link m'boy, Look!"
"After a spot of tea, would you be a good lad and Watch Out!?"

AceBandage said:
In fact, it would be better marketing NOT to use American voices, since Americans seem to respond better to British accents.

Wasn't the Fire Emblem games dubbed by Canadian actors? Or am I thinking of something else?

Effect

AceBandage said:

This. I never encountered anyone that had an issue with British accents. If the story took place in LA or New York City or Dallas it might be an issue. This is a fictional world so it wouldn't matter at all.

If that address for Nintendo of America HQ is wrong could someone post the correct one at IGN.

Codeblue

AceBandage said:

Exactly, no one would care. We would be happy with the European disc for our region. There's no need to spend any money on this other than getting a limited supply of the game to retailers.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Shouldn't people be coordinating the Amazon stuff though?

I think it would be better if people spread out their pre-orders so it stays in the top 100 longer than a few days.

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Are people more interested in Xenoblade or Last story?

Personally, I'm more interested in The Last Story but since all the localization work is already done on Xenoblade, there is no excuse for Nintendo not to put it out everywhere.

140.85 said:

I think it would be better if people spread out their pre-orders so it stays in the top 100 longer than a few days.

The problem with that is that it was all coordinated, but then the pre-orders started way earlier than anyone planned for and word spread very quickly. We could try telling everyone to cool it, but there's no guarantee that it'll work.

Codeblue

140.85 said:

People have short attention spans. I'd rather we get it all in now than coordinate it lose some people due to disinterest.

jay

140.85 said:
Nice to see the community mature somewhat and learn from past mistakes. Online petitions just don't work.

There isn't usually a game to preorder, so it's not entirely that the community was immature in the past. I agree regarding petitions, though.

Soroc

Preorderd. This was a brilliant idea, money always speaks louder then anything else.

Come on NoA balls in your court

totowhoa

Banned
Pre-ordered. Was already planning on getting the PAL version, so if they announce this before the PAL's release, I'll be all over the US version.

Phoenix_Apollo said:
Social Networking is going to become the new Online Petitioning very soon. Eventually, it'll probably hold just as much weight.

The thing about petitions is that they're so easy to fake and flub with false accounts.
It's much harder to get tens of thousands of people to order a game on Amazon.

Top Bottom