• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Erekiddo

Preordered.

But guys. Look at my avatar. It's the same one I've used for years.

You know I'm a jaded EarthBound fan that's been through the Nintendo wringer.

We see how well petitions and call ins work. I understand this is already translated and is far less work than the Mother 3 situation, but, Nintendo's lack of response to anything like this is disheartening and plain absurd.

PBalfredo

As a fan of the Mother series, I know all too well the hardship of the desperate battle against NoA's stubborn heart for the release of a prized jRPG. It is a long a difficult road, filled with much heartbreak. I wish you luck

Added Last Story to my Amazon wanted list and commented on NoA's youtube page

NeoNess said:
Preordered.

But guys. Look at my avatar. It's the same one I've used for years.

You know I'm a jaded EarthBound fan that's been through the Nintendo wringer.

We see how well petitions and call ins work.

Again, though.
The EB3 situation was completely different.

XB isn't coming out after the system has been dead for years.
XB is full translated in English unlike EB3.
We can actually show monetary support for XB.

NewFresh

AceBandage said:
Again, though.

You should put that in the op since so many people are making the comparison

Erekiddo

My stealth edit wasn't stealthy enough.

My comparison is over the lack of response, really. Nintendo is one of the few companies where it seems straight answers are rare.

Or even a murmur!

Sorry if I missed, but was this ever cleared up?

XENOBLADE:
write a polite letter, pointing out the need for the game
optional item - miniature toy swords or cocktail swords
target date - July 11-13, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 6th, not to ship on the 6th)
So are they supposed to be arriving the 6th, or the 11-13th? And so on for the other games.

thefro

JoshuaJSlone said:
Sorry if I missed, but was this ever cleared up?

So are they supposed to be arriving the 6th, or the 11-13th? And so on for the other games.

Arrive on the 11th-13th.

Shadow of the BEAST said:
Nintendo doesn't even have to release the games themselves. They could get a super juicy deal with atlus, xseed or any of the other company that does that sort of thing.

But no obviously nintendo will never do such a thing. Nintendo is the company that region locks handhelds.
This has always seemed like a strange complaint to me, no matter which company it's being levied against.

Companies don't let other publishers do this because it becomes a sticky, tangled mess if they ever plan (or hope) to do anything with the IP in the published territory again. Often when it goes the other way (Nintendo publishing for a third party), specific outs are written in to the contract because Nintendo has to be willing to get screwed on the deal for a greater net gain in the end. Atlus and XSeed probably won't.

It's why Namco does not just give every Tales game they don't intend to bring to to XSeed. It's why Sony did not just rush out a From Software-less Demon's Souls sequel in the U.S. after deciding the game had no chance in America. It's why Nintendo didn't just let Atlus handle Mother 3.

But that's not to say it's never done, just not in cases where there's a possibility down the road for further use of the IP. Cubivore, for example, was published by Atlus in America, which puts a dick in the eye of the "Stupid Nintendo would never do that huargh" argument.

ShockingAlberto said:
But that's not to say it's never done, just not in cases where there's a possibility down the road for further use of the IP. Cubivore, for example, was published by Atlus in America, which puts a dick in the eye of the "Stupid Nintendo would never do that huargh" argument.
In all fairness, he said "will never", not "would never". Never is a long time, but it seems clear he's referring to the future and not the past.

jay

ShockingAlberto said:
This has always seemed like a strange complaint to me, no matter which company it's being levied against.

Companies don't let other publishers do this because it becomes a sticky, tangled mess if they ever plan (or hope) to do anything with the IP in the published territory again. Often when it goes the other way (Nintendo publishing for a third party), specific outs are written in to the contract because Nintendo has to be willing to get screwed on the deal for a greater net gain in the end. Atlus and XSeed probably won't.

It's why Namco does not just give every Tales game they don't intend to bring to to XSeed. It's why Sony did not just rush out a From Software-less Demon's Souls sequel in the U.S. after deciding the game had no chance in America. It's why Nintendo didn't just let Atlus handle Mother 3.

Every once in a while the cracks in your reasonable veneer are visible and the AceBandage underneath shows.

mAcOdIn

AceBandage said:
I'm not sure you've really been paying attention to Nintendo at all this generation.
They fully understand that they need core gamers to continue to be successful, in addition to the casual gamer.
They also fully understand that software is what makes a system, as evident by the fact that they have the most 10+ million selling games out there.

The problem, here, is that they seem to be holding back titles for no apparent reason.
But I don't think there is "no apparent reason" they're holding it back.

First we need to assume that NoA and NoJ are different entities to a degree. NoJ has seemingly tried a lot to build a diverse system with a range of games, maybe some will be hits, maybe not, but they're getting that variety out there to hopefully attract a wide array of core gamers. Of course in addition to that they're also going after the Nintendo diehard fans with their core franchises and in addition they have gone after the casual market as well. That's NoJ. Perhaps they're not money hatting as much as some would like, perhaps they don't have as cool an on-line as we would like but you can see them making the efforts.

NoA on the other hand looks to be about safety, it's like they want each title itself to make money instead of worrying about the ecosystem as a whole. I imagine it costs a lot more to QC a game like Xenoblade than it would something like FlingSmash, it's very possible that the title actually wouldn't make much money if at all for the NA release, same with Fatal Frame(which from what I hear is buggy as hell) and Last Story. Now perhaps this is NoJ's fault, perhaps they're worried about hard numbers versus a nonhard number thing like mindshare and customer satisfaction. And perhaps it's not NoJ's fault and NoA are just being asses and have made the decision themselves to focus on real tangible sales and not something untangible like perception.

But I do not believe you can say you want the core gamer and just rely on Mario, Zelda and Smash Brothers, if that's the "core gamer" we and Nintendo is talking about than that is the Gamecube crowd, that's not the core gamer I'm talking about, in fact I'd call them just plain old Nintendo fans. Now some of you may be just fine with Gamecube core gamer support from Nintendo but I believe there is actually a segment of Nintendo's fan base that are not actually hard core Nintendo fans but have stuck with them from the early days when their systems had a wide variety of support from Nintendo and third parties. Those days have been over for awhile and while Nintendo constantly gives lip service to the need for the core gamer there has been little traction on NoA's part to do anything about it. NoJ, sure, NoA, not so much. For myself they've been bleeding mindshare since the N64, I love Zelda, I love Metroid, I love Fire Emblem, but I also like new things, these franchises alone aren't going to get me to constantly buy a system anymore. Some of you perhaps it will and perhaps you think those titles are sufficient evidence of going after the core gamer, fair enough.

As for their software sales I think that supports my assertion. Other companies release stuff that doesn't move anywhere those numbers just to keep a few people happy and on the platform. Lose money on one title and make it back up on your store on something else or from another title or perhaps a royalty from a third party title, a console is the whole package, essentially be willing to lose some money at one place to make money on another. Nintendo can of course stay profitable with not even bothering with that, as has been said they will not take a loss on hardware and so long as they keep the Nintendo fans they have plenty of franchises themselves that can make them money, they can churn a profit all day long in third place if need be but now that they've reached the height they have with the Wii and DS can they really fall back to Gamecube levels again business wise? Look at how their stock does because they're not matching the growth of the DS with the 3DS! It's not like they're losing money they're just not making it as hand over fist as before! So really as a publicly traded company can Nintendo fall back to Gamecube level marketshare on the console side? I think it'd hurt them a lot more than people think.

NoA is essentially acting like a 3rd party on their own hardware and I think that's unacceptable for a console maker, it slowly erodes customer satisfaction and faith in that company and pretty soon all they will have left are diehard Nintendofans and no-one else. When they enlarged the casual gaming audience they did more than just sell their hardware to them, they opened up the possibility of other companies now selling hardware to them. This new audience is not theirs to keep and with their pathetic on-line offering and their seemingly intentionally total disregarding of truly understanding and implementing one in the 3DS and Wii U in my opinion just means that they're going to lose that market come the Wii U. I think MS is actually in a great spot to snatch that up from them, as much as I hate them, Kinect is workable and they have a great store with loads of indie support, I can see Xbox Live's marketplace really taking off next generation with the casuals if not merely later this gen.

And what I mean about software is not just their and third party titles but the OS itself. The damn 3DS can't even message people yet. Everything is like it's own little closed channel on the Wii. I can all but guarantee that while the voice chat feature of the Wii U looks neat that it'll probably gimped in some spectacular way that will probably necessitate you setting up a voice chat over a phone beforehand! I don't know how the shit flies in Japan but I think in the West people find this sort of this ridiculous.

So from where I stand it doesn't look like Nintendo of America gives a damn about the core gamer, it doesn't look like they give a damn about creating a platform of trust between them and the users that can last hardware generations, it just seems like they take what NoJ does and pick and choose only the things they think will make money while not incurring any loss so their division looks good.

jay said:
Every once in a while the cracks in your reasonable veneer are visible and the AceBandage underneath shows.
I didn't feel that was fanboyish at all. Nintendo deserves ball busting for their localization practices, but there's viable reasons to not simply hand over their Japanese back-catalog of games they chose not to bring over to third parties.

I don't like Namco hording Tales games, but I can absolutely understand why Ignition is not publishing Xillia.

There's more nuance to the subject than "Why doesn't this company just let this other company do it, that makes absolute sense to me!"

Go_Ly_Dow

Sony SCEE published WKC2 in Europe and in NA it was published by D3 Publisher.

It's kinda similar since I believe SCEE were the ones who localized the game and D3 just took the same localization.

Effect

I had forgotten that Amazon.com actually has a trailer video of Xenoblade/Monado on the product page itself in addition to screenshots. For all the good the call to pre-order it is doing I wouldn't be surprised because it's now at the top of the list some are viewing that video and deciding to pre-order based on that alone. Totally unconnected to this movement. That could keep it up on that list for some time if that's the case. Such a interesting concept. :) Allowing footage of the game to sell the game. Something advertisers don't seem to understand at all.

Effect said:
I had forgotten that Amazon.com actually has a trailer video of Xenoblade/Monado on the product page itself in addition to screenshots. For all the good the call to pre-order it is doing I wouldn't be surprised because it's now at the top of the list some are viewing that video and deciding to pre-order based on that alone. Totally unconnected to this movement. That could keep it up on that list for some time if that's the case. Such a interesting concept. :) Allowing footage of the game to sell the game. Something advertisers don't seem to understand at all.
This is a big reason why we needed to get it to the top of the charts. It isn't just to say "Hey! Nintendo! We want this!" but to say "Hey! People! This is an awesome came! Check it out!"

It would sell more if they would call it Xenoblade instead Monodo.

They need to promo it more online, and on magazines.

It's a great RPG and should be released like right now!

Effect

MetalSlime said:
It would sell more if they would call it Xenoblade instead Monodo.

They need to promo it more online, and on magazines.

It's a great RPG and should be released like right now!

I'm not totally sure anymore. Monado: Beginning of the World is a lot to say but I think it gets across what the game might be about story wise better. It makes it sound like you are getting in on the ground floor of a story. Not jumping into an established franchise.

Effect said:
I'm not totally sure anymore. Monado: Beginning of the World is a lot to say but I think it gets across what the game might be about story wise better. It makes it sound like you are getting in on the ground floor of a story. Not jumping into an established franchise.

On the opposite side of the coin, however. People know of the Xeno franchise and Xenoblade is easier to say and a better marketing name than Monado.

jay

ShockingAlberto said:
I didn't feel that was fanboyish at all. Nintendo deserves ball busting for their localization practices, but there's viable reasons to not simply hand over their Japanese back-catalog of games they chose not to bring over to third parties.

I don't like Namco hording Tales games, but I can absolutely understand why Ignition is not publishing Xillia.

There's more nuance to the subject than "Why doesn't this company just let this other company do it, that makes absolute sense to me!"

You came across as taking both sides of the argument. People were silly for saying Nintendo doesn't let others publish their games and people are silly for wanting Nintendo to let others publish their games.

I've always felt that consumers understanding why businesses do what they do was a tricky issue. I get why the 3DS has bad battery life but I am not happy about it. I understand that publishing deals are complicated yet I still want games localized any way possible. Basically, I think that within reason, the desires of a consumer are valid regardless of the complications on the industry's side of things.

IGN has another article up about this.

IGN said:
As this all stands now, Operation Rainfall is already one of the most interesting and unique fan-fueled release campaigns ever put together. There have been groups of diehard supporters for particular Nintendo titles or series sequels in the past who have organized similar efforts, hoping to catch NOA's attention. They've rarely met with success. This one, though, has that one key thing that none of the rest of them ever did – cold hard cash.

mjc

I haven't had the chance to read most of the thread, but has Amazon commented on it at all? They obviously won't release preorder numbers to us, but it'd be interesting to see how much attention it might have gathered at their HQ.

mjc said:
I haven't had the chance to read most of the thread, but has Amazon commented on it at all? They obviously won't release preorder numbers to us, but it'd be interesting to see how much attention it might have gathered at their HQ.

Nah, it's the weekend. I wouldn't expect comments from anyone until tomorrow if at all.

mAcOdIn said:
But I don't think there is "no apparent reason" they're holding it back.

NoA is essentially acting like a 3rd party on their own hardware and I think that's unacceptable for a console maker, it slowly erodes customer satisfaction and faith in that company and pretty soon all they will have left are diehard Nintendofans and no-one else.

Well said. Nintendo is in a sticky situation; non-gamers bought up the Wii but bought no software. Meanwhile the Nintendo fans will buy up the next Mario and DK game, but the core gamers (i.e. us that post on GAF and such) are conveniently ignored.

NOA needs to get through its head that their core, ardent fans are not the same ones that will just be satisfied with a new Mario/Kart/Zelda iteration every few years. We're the ones that frothed at Pikmin when it was revealed, gave Wind Waker a change despite any initial misgivings, and are the early adopters of new hardware. The frustration is palpable and this campaign proves it.

Sophia

Xenoblade has far more potential. If I recall correctly, Xenosaga's biggest sales were in the US, so they should capitalize on the name.

Personally, I like Monado simply because the game has actually nothing to do with Xenogears and Xenosaga*, but I think it has far greater success with the Xeno name.

(*Yeah, it's Tetsuya Takahashii. I know. But it's not an Xeno game directly, no matter how amazing of a story it has.)

john tv said:
Sometimes manpower and/or room in the schedule is a concern.

Mmhmm. Of course, neither of those is a super-plausible explanation for this particular case at the moment when NoA has sweet fuck-all coming out for any platform... :p

ShockingAlberto said:
Companies don't let other publishers do this because it becomes a sticky, tangled mess if they ever plan (or hope) to do anything with the IP in the published territory again.

I agree. But the difference is that a competent publisher actually stops and considers whether they plan or hope to do something with a given IP during the localization-decision process. As the regional branch of a platform holder, you never know what's going to take off in the homeland or what strange balance of titles you're going to need down the road. One of the natural results of this is that you should be localizing every entry in every ongoing franchise to keep the brand alive and your future options open.

If you look at the Sony list above, they do a very good job of skipping only titles that they feel safe letting other publishers take a crack at, and as a result almost all of their output is localized either by them or by third parties (going both ways -- look at the long-running Capcom publication of GoW.) Nintendo, conversely, looks at games and somehow draws the conclusion that there's no benefit, even from a long-term perspective, to localizing them, but it's still worth keeping hold of the IP despite the fact that not localizing whichever game it is innately devalues that IP. It's a deeply irrational decision-making process, and one that neither of the other console companies applies.

So I mean, yeah, it makes sense that Nintendo isn't handing off a title like Xenoblade to XSeed, but it makes sense mostly because there shouldn't be any question in the first place about NoA publishing Xenoblade.

(With third parties and franchises like Yakuza and Tales that are way more popular in Japan, though, that's pretty much exactly the problem, yeah.)

Marrshu said:
Xenoblade has far more potential. If I recall correctly, Xenosaga's biggest sales were in the US, so they should capitalize on the name.

Personally, I like Monado simply because the game has actually nothing to do with Xenogears and Xenosaga*, but I think it has far greater success with the Xeno name.

(*Yeah, it's Tetsuya Takahashii. I know. But it's not an Xeno game directly, no matter how amazing of a story it has.)
Does it? I've kept myself in the dark about this game, couldn't tell you word one about the story. As much as I love the work Monolith has done in the past I fear this is just a generic RPG people are overhyping due to it's Wii exclusivity.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
shadyspace said:
I've always thought Monado: Beginning of the World sounded way cooler than the generic "Xenoblade".

I dont know how many xenoblades you come across everyday, but I barely ever see one.

shadyspace said:
As much as I love the work Monolith has done in the past I fear this is just a generic RPG people are overhyping due to it's Wii exclusivity.

Impressions from the import thread were incredibly positive, although I don't doubt that some people are working themselves up a little too much.

Sophia

shadyspace said:
Does it? I've kept myself in the dark about this game, couldn't tell you word one about the story. As much as I love the work Monolith has done in the past I fear this is just a generic RPG people are overhyping due to it's Wii exclusivity.

It's a great story. I don't mind spoiling myself, so I basically spoiled everything. It's nowhere near the detail of Xenogears's storyline, but it's not a generic crapfest stories we've been getting from JRPGs lately.

You could say it's one of Takahashi's better works, simply because it's got the great storytelling him and Monolith are known for, but it's not nearly as convoluted as his previous works.

Marrshu said:
It's a great story. I don't mind spoiling myself, so I basically spoiled everything. It's nowhere near the detail of Xenogears's storyline, but it's not a generic crapfest stories we've been getting from JRPGs lately.

You could say it's one of Takahashi's better works, simply because it's got the great storytelling him and Monolith are known for, but it's not nearly as convoluted as his previous works.
Thanks, man. That's great to hear. I was playing this regardless but it's nice to know I'll have a good story to look forward to now (i.e. the most important part of a JRPG).

Effect

shadyspace said:

I can understand that fear. However everyone that has played it though seems to have nothing but great things to say about it. Not that it's great for a Wii game but that it's simply a great game period.

Effect said:
I can understand that fear. However everyone that has played it though seems to have nothing but great things to say about it. Not that it's great for a Wii game but that it's simply a great game period.
And what of TLS? Unlike Xenoblade (of which, like I said, I've purposely read next to nothing of) I've read previews/impressions/reviews that said to temper your expectations of it, despite the gameplay footage I've seen of it looking really interesting and unique (especially as far as the Wii goes).

waytofailself

Neo Member
Guys it's time to step into high gear. Maybe even update the OP because it's damage control time.

The internet can be a big echo chamber. That can be a benefit for a campaign like this, but can also cut it short when you have people come along late in the game. If you haven't been following Xenoblade for awhile, you might not know that Nintendo has essentially been handing out the same PR customer service responses for the past year. Well, look what story popped up today:

http://www.destructoid.com/xenoblade-reconfirmed-for-na-last-story-confirmed-for-eu-204635.phtml

and then

this story from **********

and then

http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=86746

We need to step up our game and let these people and their followers know that a Nintendo customer service response is not good enough. It has very little authoritative weight. In fact, Disaster: Day of Crisis got similar "reconfirmations" before NoA pulled the rug.

But...but...it was scheduled for release?!?! That's the danger of not ever having a release date set. Nintendo can pluck it away at any time, as NoA seems poised to do with Xenoblade. I've already called out these stories on the OpRainfall twitter (Jim Sterling was not entirely pleased), but I can't do it by myself.

Don't let this erroneous, albeit with good intentions, information overtake our momentum.
We've got a long way to go to bring Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story to North America.

shadyspace said:
And what of TLS? Unlike Xenoblade (of which, like I said, I've purposely read next to nothing of) I've read previews/impressions/reviews that said to temper your expectations of it, despite the gameplay footage I've seen of it looking really interesting and unique (especially as far as the Wii goes).

I dunno. People seemed to enjoy it from the impressions on GAF, and it got a 38/40 in Famitsu for what it's worth.

I just have really enjoyed all of the Gooch's games this gen, warts and all. I think Lost Odyssey is still my favorite traditional JRPG this gen, if you don't count Persona 4.

I really want TLS to come out...

Effect

shadyspace said:

I've heard that while it has some problems in some areas it's nothing to dismiss the game over. That it's still great but that Xenoblade is better. Honestly though I've been looking more toward The Last Story due to it's art style. Want to play both though. I think hype for that was even higher then Xenoblade so that could be part of the situation. People might have been going overboard in their expectations.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haven't been following this thread much, but I have the sense that something kind of amazing is happening here.

thefro

I think a lot of the "disappointment" with The Last Story is that it's a 30 hr-ish more linear FF meets Gears of War type game instead of an epic 80 hour more traditional JRPG like Xenoblade is.

Effect

waytofailself said:
Guys it's time to step into high gear. Maybe even update the OP because it's damage control time.

Might want to edit out that second link. When a link appears like that after being post it means the site is banned from the forums. Best to remove it.

So, I know this isn't related to Xenoblade/TLS/Pandora, but I posted the Disaster: Day of Crisis trailer on my Facebook, and my fifty-some year old AUNT said it looked amazing. And she has no interest in video games at all, mind you.

NoA could have made that game sell in a heartbeat with commercials...

bh7812

Banned
AceBandage said:
Again, though.

Exactly Ace, this time the situation is WAY different. The translation work is already done. All they need to do if they haven't already is get it ESRB rated and press discs. The right thing to do now after this ginormously huge push, especially on Amazon, is to get it ready so it can release the very same week it comes out in Europe so that everyone can enjoy the game at the same time. We can actually show Nintendo with these pre-orders "See we're putting our 50 dollars each right in front of you, totally intending to buy the game..it's money which you guys want and in return we'd like this game" It's the ONLY time I can think of where an un-announced product for a region is actually pre-orderable. We couldn't even do this with Yakuza 3 or the Tales games so keep at it everyone, it's a really effective way to send a clear message! An almost 200 percent increase in pre-orders cannot be ignored and had best be the first thing on Reggie's plate in the morning.

To the OP and everyone else too: I wanted to post something again because it most likely got lost in the sea of that other thread BUT I have one other idea along with the letter writing and Amazon push that might be a good idea. Tomorrow morning and this week, call NOA directly and ask to speak to Reggie himself. If he has to take time out of his day to listen to upset gamers, that will be a great way to send a message as well. If you call be civil and courteous but DO definitely let him know these backwards policies and decisions are asinine and will not be tolerated any longer. Even if he doesn't answer, leave him a voice mail still! He'll have to sift through voicemails anyway. Hopefully after that plus this weekend he'll finally get it and do the right thing. Also, if you can go a step further and can afford to do so, call Mr. Iwata directly in Japan and make sure he knows what's going on at NOA because I think at least part of this he's in the dark on. This is Reggie's boss and a good guy so I think it's time for Reggie's final job review. Here's their phone numbers-these are the direct numbers not the customer service ones. These are the numbers you'll want to use

NOA's direct number: (425) 882-2040
NCL's direct number: +81-75-662-9600 I had to dig a bit for this number but it's for a good cause :)

OP I think it would be worthwhile to add what I just posted into the OP, if you think it's worthy of being added in that would be great so people know of a few more things they can do to help the cause! If not I understand but I wanted to make sure it got in this thread too since this is for the actual campaigns/

Amir0x

Banned
bh7812 said:
Exactly Ace, this time the situation is WAY different. The translation work is already done. All they need to do if they haven't already is get it ESRB rated and press discs. The right thing to do now after this ginormously huge push, especially on Amazon, is to get it ready so it can release the very same week it comes out in Europe so that everyone can enjoy the game at the same time.

To the OP and everyone else too: I wanted to post something again because it most likely got lost in the sea of that other thread BUT I have one other idea along with the letter writing and Amazon push that might be a good idea. Tomorrow morning and this week, call NOA directly and ask to speak to Reggie himself. If he has to take time out of his day to listen to upset gamers, that will be a great way to send a message as well. If you call be civil and courteous but DO definitely let him know these backwards policies and decisions are asinine and will not be tolerated any longer. Even if he doesn't answer, leave him a voice mail still! He'll have to sift through voicemails anyway. Hopefully after that plus this weekend he'll finally get it and do the right thing. Also, if you can go a step further and can afford to do so, call Mr. Iwata directly in Japan and make sure he knows what's going on at NOA because I think at least part of this he's in the dark on. This is Reggie's boss and a good guy so I think it's time for Reggie's final job review. Here's their phone numbers-these are the direct numbers not the customer service ones. These are the numbers you'll want to use

NOA's direct number: (425) 882-2040
NCL's direct number: +81-75-662-9600 I had to dig a bit for this number but it's for a good cause :)

OP I think it would be worthwhile to add what I just posted into the OP, if you think it's worthy of being added in that would be great so people know of a few more things they can do to help the cause! If not I understand but I wanted to make sure it got in this thread too since this is for the actual campaigns/

The translation work was already done on Mother 1+2 as well but that didn't stop Nintendo

Nintendo don't care

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
AceBandage said:
Probably the only instance of being an entitled gamer is a good thing.
My Wii has been cracked wide open and import-friendly for many years, but like others I'd love to vote with my dollars in a way that actually matters for my market. Xenoblade, Last Story, and perhaps Pandora's Tower won't be my first EU Wii imports. Not even my third imports, at that.

And, of course, I'd rather Nintendo stop abandoning their core audience now, rather than squander whatever goodwill may yet remain by focusing on the Wii-U.

Top Bottom