• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

dani_dc

After looking around I don't see any mention of the posters in the portuguese, spanish or german sites so I'll just order it from Game.co.uk.

squall23

InsertNameHere said:
Will any old component cables off of Amazon for the Wii do or is there a marked difference between first party/third party? If someone could throw me a link for something cheap, I'd appreciate that.
You'll be fine with 3rd party cables.

Datschge

InsertNameHere said:
Oh crap, I didn't even think about cables. I don't have component. Perhaps there's even more money I need to spend now...

Will any old component cables off of Amazon for the Wii do or is there a marked difference between first party/third party? If someone could throw me a link for something cheap, I'd appreciate that.
Very cheap and works just fine for me. Shipping may take some time though.

LProtag

I figured a cable is a cable but just wanted to make sure none of them were absolute crap, especially since it's a specific kind of Wii only cable. Paying 27 bucks for the Nintendo one when there's about 4 other ones I see now for 4 dollars each on Amazon is just a bit absurd in this case then.

Everytime I see this thread on the first page my heart rate goes up. But nothing. :(

So did that latest OpRainfall rumor, the one with the NTSC info, turn out to be nothing?

I was hoping NoA would've said something by now but it's almost August! I guess we're never getting these games localized.

Sophia

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Everytime I see this thread on the first page my heart rate goes up. But nothing. :(

So did that latest OpRainfall rumor, the one with the NTSC info, turn out to be nothing?

I was hoping NoA would've said something by now but it's almost August! I guess we're never getting these games localized.

So far, nothing.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Busaiku said:
Well, The Last Story is the most wanted game according tot he poll on the OR blog.
It's undoubtedly most wanted even though Xenoblade was better received in Japan, it doesn't seem to have had too much of an effect on demand for the two games (TLS>XB). GAF had first hand impressions from importers for Xenoblade though so it's getting a bit more attention here.

Kandinsky

I think im going to go with Zavvi and get it shipped to the US then Chile, omg wish me luck!

Edit: Obligatory "Fuck you Nintendo!".

LProtag

I realize there's a handful of ways to install homebrew on the Wii and mod it so you can play games from any region, anyone have any opinion on which is the easiest? My Wii hasn't been hooked up for a while so I probably have an outdated firmware on it.

Is the Brawl method the easiest? It seems the most straightforward to me, but I haven't tried anything yet.

Cactus

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
I realize there's a handful of ways to install homebrew on the Wii and mod it so you can play games from any region, anyone have any opinion on which is the easiest? My Wii hasn't been hooked up for a while so I probably have an outdated firmware on it.

Is the Brawl method the easiest? It seems the most straightforward to me, but I haven't tried anything yet.
I used the Brawl method and it was really easy.

Make sure your SD card isn't SDHC before you start though. I had to go out and buy one.

Datschge

InsertNameHere said:
My Wii hasn't been hooked up for a while so I probably have an outdated firmware on it.
If it's indeed outdated chances are that you don't even need a specific game to mod your Wii. Anyway I just suggest you to follow the homebrew guide and ask any remaining questions in the homebrew thread.

Sophia

InsertNameHere said:

The Bannerbomb method is easiest, but not all Wiis support it. The Brawl method is next easiest, and is supported by all Wiis.

LProtag

Marrshu said:
The Bannerbomb method is easiest, but not all Wiis support it. The Brawl method is next easiest, and is supported by all Wiis.

What Wiis support it? I have a launch model that, like I said, hasn't been updated in forever.

Sophia

InsertNameHere said:
What Wiis support it? I have a launch model that like I said, hasn't been updated in forever.

If your Wii hasn't been updated to 4.3, then it supports Bannerbomb. Extremely easy process, just download the exploit to an SD card and open up the correct menu on your Wii. Then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions. =P

Sophia

squall23 said:
I thought the Twilight Princess method was the easiest.

The Twilight Princess method hasn't worked for awhile, unless your Wii is below System 3.2

Brawl and the Bannerbomb exploit are unquestionably the easiest method, as they only require you to put the files on the card and load the appropriate menu.

LProtag

Marrshu said:
If your Wii hasn't been updated to 4.3, then it supports Bannerbomb. Extremely easy process, just download the exploit to an SD card and open up the correct menu on your Wii. Then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions. =P

Rad. I'm getting my replacement Wiimote in the mail tomorrow, so I'll check and see what I can do. Though I'm not sure if I have a SD card laying around here anywhere, damn. But thanks.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
jj984jj said:
It's undoubtedly most wanted even though Xenoblade was better received in Japan, it doesn't seem to have had too much of an effect on demand for the two games (TLS>XB). GAF had first hand impressions from importers for Xenoblade though so it's getting a bit more attention here.
There are first hand impressions from Gaffers in the Japanese The Last Story release OT.
There's more attention for Xenoblade here because it's said to be the better game.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

Responding to the lack of an AAI2 localization, Snow/Seth during a recent Capcom podcast said something to the effect of, "Even if we were to start a localization of AAI2 right now, you wouldn't hear anything about it until 2012." I'd imagine similar forces at play with OpRainfall, unless NoA had already been planning on releasing the localizations here months in advance.

I used the Lego Indiana Jones exploit (because the game was cheaper than Brawl) and it was very easy. The GAF wikidot guide worked well, a couple of notes I had:

Maybe this was a really dumb mistake, but I had never used an SD card with my Wii before...so when you're copying the Indiana Pwns exploit over, you have to go under the game saves menu. I was confused because I opened the SD card menu from the main Wii screen and didn't see the exploit, thought I copied it wrong at first. Also the guide says that you need to play Indiana Jones until you beat the first level and have the chance to save, so you have a save on your system. I did that, then exited and tried to copy the exploit, and I got a message saying that the data already exists, and it wouldn't let me overwrite it. So I deleted the save, and it copied fine. So is creating this save then deleting it necessary? Not sure.

Sophia

chaostrophy said:
I used the Lego Indiana Jones exploit (because the game was cheaper than Brawl) and it was very easy. The GAF wikidot guide worked well, a couple of notes I had:

Maybe this was a really dumb mistake, but I had never used an SD card with my Wii before...so when you're copying the Indiana Pwns exploit over, you have to go under the game saves menu. I was confused because I opened the SD card menu from the main Wii screen and didn't see the exploit, thought I copied it wrong at first. Also the guide says that you need to play Indiana Jones until you beat the first level and have the chance to save, so you have a save on your system. I did that, then exited and tried to copy the exploit, and I got a message saying that the data already exists, and it wouldn't let me overwrite it. So I deleted the save, and it copied fine. So is creating this save then deleting it necessary? Not sure.

Kinda. Booting the game at least once is necessary for what it saves to the Wii itself.

Codeblue

Bel Marduk said:
What do they say?

I got one earlier today that said something along the lines of:

"We're still trying to obtain an item you ordered in June: Monado: Beginning of the World"

And it apologizes for the wait.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Unfortunately they charge as soon as you place the order.

Good to know, thanks for the quick response. I was about to use my Amazon Credit Card but I already have too much on that at the moment lol. Wonder if the Capital One Card will charge an international transaction fee?

Also, how long does it take for an order from them to arrive?

creid

Got my response from Nintendo today, it's identical to the one a gaffer posted above. Which is kind of funny, because I don't think I even mentioned TLS or Pandora's Tower in my letter. Oh well, I hope they at least read it.

Phoenix_Apollo said:
He didn't actually say where he got it from, so it's not like I would have known. I don't memorize stuff from that site. :/
It was in the description of the video.

Cactus

Banned
MidnightScott said:
Good to know, thanks for the quick response. I was about to use my Amazon Credit Card but I already have too much on that at the moment lol. Wonder if the Capital One Card will charge an international transaction fee?

Also, how long does it take for an order from them to arrive?

Another Code R took exactly 10 days to reach me in Toronto, Canada.

Cactus said:
Another Code R took exactly 10 days to reach me in Toronto, Canada.

Sweet, sounds like a winner. Does anyone still have hope they will release it in the US or should I just order it right now?

EDIT:

Screw it, ordered and done with. :)

Phenomic

Big Papa Husker said:
I can't decide either.... :| AHH!

Here's my thought on it. If you already have a classic controller don't buy it because it's just a fancy color. I'm sure if you really had to you could open a white one up and spray paint the plastic red.

If you don't have one, take an extra 20 bucks and get a sweet classic controller that will be usable. I guess I just don't see the use for more than one classic controller for a console that you might not be playing much longer. I would get it if these games weren't single player, but that isn't the case.

LProtag

deduce said:
I can't decide if I should go with the collector's edition, but I do like that red Classic Controller Pro.

I don't have a Classic Controller, I like the posters, plus the box is neat. I'm going to spend the extra money to get it as a little treat for myself. I haven't really bought myself anything substantial in a while and I graduated college this year so, I'll call it a graduation present for myself.

Cactus

Banned
deduce said:
I can't decide if I should go with the collector's edition, but I do like that red Classic Controller Pro.

Big Papa Husker said:
I can't decide either.... :| AHH!

Would either of you go to a store tomorrow and buy a red classic controller for around (EDIT $30-40) if it were available?

deduce

Codeblue said:
You mean $40?
Ya, just did the conversion with shipping. $40 is a bit steep for an add-on controller and I haven't paid $90 for a game in a long while. I already have the gold Classic Controller Pro from GoldenEye so I don't have a need for it, but I do like that red color . . .

topramen said:
we haven't gotten nintendo's Q2 results yet have we?

or Q3 release list?

When is that info due?
I was just looking on their investor relations site the other day; looks like that stuff starts hitting July 29.
TheBaldEmperor said:
Apparently Nintendo is sending out letters to those who participated in the mailing campaign. Got this today.
Yeah, we've been getting identical letters. I wonder if we get a second (and third) identical copy for further letters?

I want to find the old response I got from asking for more JRPG translations in the mid-90s, take a family picture.

Deadbeat

Banned
BY2K said:
CLITC.gif

Nix

Banned
BY2K said:
Xenoblade in Australia confirmed,

America is now the only region that won't get Xenoblade. :(

smh

Ho-ly Shit. Wow. That's un-friggin' believable. Australia!? That Australia!?!!!! Holy shit, wow. I know you guys import like crazy, my Aus-bros, but goddamn, if I don't hate you right now.
Just wow. Even Australia? What's next? Fuckin' Denmar...wait, that's in..forget it.

Let's just hope we get it before Latin America, because if we don't, then we know Reggie is just reaming us with a big ass grin on his face.

GameE

Ugh I love the Operation Rainfall idea but now there is an "operation _____" for everything or at least that is what it looks like to me. :p now it's getting annoying!

B.K.

Nix said:
Ho-ly Shit. Wow. That's un-friggin' believable. Australia!? That Australia!?!!!! Holy shit, wow. I know you guys import like crazy, my Aus-bros, but goddamn, if I don't hate you right now.
Just wow. Even Australia? What's next? Fuckin' Denmar...wait, that's in..forget it.

Game companies treat Australia like Europe. If a game is released in Europe, it'll be released in Australia, unless someone there decides to ban it.

Roto13

You know, I never hated Reggie before he started fucking up game localizations. I started to dislike him for Last Window and now I outright can't stand the fucker for this.

Emitan

Roto13 said:
You know, I never hated Reggie before he started fucking up game localizations. I started to dislike him for Last Window and now I outright can't stand the fucker for this.
He brought over Ouendan.

Top Bottom