• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Nix said:
Ho-ly Shit. Wow. That's un-friggin' believable. Australia!? That Australia!?!!!! Holy shit, wow. I know you guys import like crazy, my Aus-bros, but goddamn, if I don't hate you right now.
Just wow. Even Australia? What's next? Fuckin' Denmar...wait, that's in..forget it.

Let's just hope we get it before Latin America, because if we don't, then we know Reggie is just reaming us with a big ass grin on his face.

Latin America is the same region as the US, so it would be impossible.

Anyway, I can't believe people have so much problem importing a freaking game. Especially when the price is lower than a NA release would be.

Nix said:
Ho-ly Shit. Wow. That's un-friggin' believable. Australia!? That Australia!?!!!! Holy shit, wow. I know you guys import like crazy, my Aus-bros, but goddamn, if I don't hate you right now.
Just wow. Even Australia? What's next? Fuckin' Denmar...wait, that's in..forget it.

Let's just hope we get it before Latin America, because if we don't, then we know Reggie is just reaming us with a big ass grin on his face.
It's likely that it is the European version being released in Australia, not re-localized for it.

It's cold comfort, but it's not like NOAus is going "LET'S POUR OUR MONEY IN TO THIS."

That said, I don't know why, but part of me thinks the game is coming to America, anyway. It's just a gut feeling.

Nix said:

I agree, A PAL game being released in a PAL region is pretty crazy!

ShockingAlberto said:
That said, I don't know why, but part of me thinks the game is coming to America, anyway. It's just a gut feeling.

They will and they'll say "see here at Nintendo actually listen to our fans" like they doing us this huge favor for actually supporting their own system. (meanwhile they were gnna bring them here anyway but we gave them a shitload of free publicity).

It's getting to be too fucking late for them to bring it over soon.

I'm not buying a game twice sorry I don't have it like that.

So thus it will bomb like crazy and NOA will be all like see told ya no one wanted this game....no Last Story for yooooouuu.

Fuck NOA it's too late now you cocks.

I think Nintendo's Q2 financial reports will be released tomorrow -- so if there's any announcements coming, it'll be tomorrow as the last possible time before the EU release. I think their Q3 schedule for up until the end of Sept. will be out too? I know NoE released theirs like two weeks ago.

JackFrost said:
They will and they'll say "see here at Nintendo actually listen to our fans" like they doing us this huge favor for actually supporting their own system. (meanwhile they were gnna bring them here anyway but we gave them a shitload of free publicity).

This is what I'm guessing is true.

Let's be honest: NCL and/or NoA made the decision to localize the game before it was released in Japan. Operation Rainfall was never going to change that. So if the game is coming out, Nintendo now has the perfect PR line: "See? We listened to you! Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being such great fans!"

Part of the reason this whole thing was confusing to me from the get go was that it just makes so much sense for them to release it in NA. It's positively bizarre that there would be a limited edition bundle and a solid level of marketing in Europe for Xenoblade Chronicles but Nintendo wouldn't even release a small print run over here.

To me, the biggest crime throughout this whole saga has been Nintendo's flip response via Twitter and Facebook.

Djamb3

I believe if it succeeds in Europe NOA will release it. They are just waiting and maybe that's why it is being released earlier

Djamb3 said:
I believe if it succeeds in Europe NOA will release it. They are just waiting and maybe that's why it is being released earlier

It's just... I know it's Nintendo, but what major Nintendo-published games are hitting NA between now and the Wii U? There are maybe 3, or 4? Nobody knows when Dragon Quest X will be out in Japan, and if DQIX was any indication the localization will take a while. They've gotta have something (or a few things) in their back pocket.

creid

Dammit Nintendo, we said we wanted "a US" release, not the AUS release!

I wonder, why did Europe used to get games later in the past? If the dollar was stronger than the euro/pound in the past, it would make sense that release was always first in the US, and then as long as it wasn't a failure a game would be released in Europe. But now that the dollar is weaker, maybe riskier releases would come to Europe first?

Also, if for some reason Nintendo let an XSEED publish it in America, I wonder if they're not allowed to announce it until around/after the time of the European release. This would certainly maximize European sales, though it makes Nintendo look a bit unfairly greedy.

Anth0ny

Tiktaalik said:
It would be pretty funny if Nintendo of Canada broke with Nintendo of America and published this game themselves.

lol I fucking wish.

Now, assuming they don't, any Canadians have any idea what customs fees I'm looking at if I buy the game from game.co.uk?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Anth0ny said:
lol I fucking wish.

Now, assuming they don't, any Canadians have any idea what customs fees I'm looking at if I buy the game from game.co.uk?

I'd expect to have to pay 5$ if I were you.

Customs isn't overly expensive, think of it like you're paying GST and then a little more tacked on for them to take the time to check it and charge you GST!

Anth0ny

lsslave said:

Customs isn't overly expensive, think of it like you're paying GST and then a little more tacked on for them to take the time to check it and charge you GST!

I ordered off Amazon.co.jp once and had to pay ~$20 for a single DVD. fffffffffffffff

That was a couple of years ago, though. Maybe things have changed.

Djamb3 said:

Watch it become a massive success in Europe because of all the American importers, so they release it in the US and it bombs because everyone who wants the game has the import. Does this happen the other way around with European releases since they're so often later and in more doubt than US releases?

Omikaru

chaostrophy said:
Watch it become a massive success in Europe because of all the American importers, so they release it in the US and it bombs because everyone who wants the game has the import. Does this happen the other way around with European releases since they're so often later and in more doubt than US releases?
I don't actually think that many people import, region lock or no.

Persona 3 Portable was still pretty successful over here (from what I gather, Ghostlight seemed happy anyhow), despite being region free in the US and out a year earlier. I imagine Deep Silver will enjoy success with Catherine too, despite the European delay.

adroit

chaostrophy said:
Does this happen the other way around with European releases since they're so often later and in more doubt than US releases?
Yeah, I've been wondering that about Rune Factory 3. It was released in November 2010 in the US. It's finally being released in Europe in September 2011. Surely practically everyone in Europe who wanted that game has already imported it by now (100% speculation...I have no clue how common importing is).

"The following emails are being sent out to those that preordered Monado on Amazon...

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on month XX 2011 (Order#xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: August 28 2011"

Apparently this is happening, can anyone here confirm this?

Vamphuntr

lsslave said:

It depends on your luck. If they open the package then you have to add an 8$ fee. Guess they need to make profits somewhere.

Hopefully I don't pay too much custom fees on the damn bundle.

I think it's pretty much a lost cause in NA. The game is not on the release schedule they published like 2 days ago.

Codeblue

IceDoesntHelp said:
"The following emails are being sent out to those that preordered Monado on Amazon...

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on month XX 2011 (Order#xxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

Doubtful. They wouldnt exclude it from their release list then turn around and sell it less than a month later. Even Excitebots got more time than that.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
well thats a god damn shame. Guess I better get money for Euro copies of all 3 games...sigh.

Last Story did get it's trademark approved earlier this month. Haven't written that one off yet, although that definitely doesn't mean it's coming either.

Xenoblade is a lost cause though, and I'm not really interested in Pandora's Tower. Wasn't even sure that one was getting an EU release.

IceDoesntHelp said:

I got that email but without the estimated arrival date. That was like 3 weeks ago though.

Hopefully Amazon is leaning hard on Nintendo to actually release the game.

chaosblade said:
Last Story did get it's trademark approved earlier this month. Haven't written that one off yet, although that definitely doesn't mean it's coming either. Xenoblade is a lost cause though, and I'm not really interested in Pandora's Tower.

Monado (Xenoblade) got its trademark reextended last month.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Bel Marduk said:
Monado (Xenoblade) got its trademark reextended last month.
That doesn't mean much, the trademark isn't actually approved for use in commerce. They could actually announce and sell Last Story now, but they still have to do more with the Monado trademark to get to that point.

Edit: Maybe not, I thought the trademark was completely registered but they only got a notice of allowance. So nevermind, the trademark thing for LS doesn't mean anything either.

And that release list is abysmal. I will probably end up buying three more Wii games. And two will be imports...

Vamphuntr

I really doubt it's coming August 28th when the game was not even announced. This is from their Financial Results Report published two days ago.

oU9IW.jpg

Here http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110729e.pdf

IceDoesntHelp said:

Mine says August 29, so yes that seems believable. Doesn't mean it's happening though.

If Xenoblade is indeed coming out here, Nintendo of America would do well to announce this sooner rather later. Nintendo's standard approach of being tight lipped until a few weeks before release will lose them more NA customers to imports with each passing day. Nevermind stemming the loss of good will with the target audience they're supposed to be courting with the next iteration of hardware.

Vamphuntr

lunchwithyuzo said:
This list is outdated anyway, Kirby Wii has had an official title for a couple weeks now (Kirby: Return to Dream Land).

Sorry if my list taken from a report released on 29/7/2011 is apparently outdated. I don't see why it's no good because Kirby's title is still a work in progress. For once, the Xenoblade Chronicles date is precise and the most recent one 19/8/2011.

Busaiku

lunchwithyuzo said:
This list is outdated anyway, Kirby Wii has had an official title for a couple weeks now (Kirby: Return to Dream Land).
That's what a Nintendo rep said, but Nintendo never "officially" announced it.

If Monado does come out here, it won't be in August or even Q3 probably. Q4 or 2012, and it's still a longshot.

Hard to believe NOA only has Zelda, Kirby and Fortune Street left for 2011. That means they'll have only released six retail Wii games for the entire year, which is how many they released on DS (a system they're trying to transition from). And it's not like they doing much digitial side, WiiWare's a first party wasteland with NOA passing over what little they could be bringing (Line Attack Heroes, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, etc).

Dennis

Banned
I know this may seem like a trollish question but I am serious:

I sold my Wii, is Xenoblade so good an RPG that I should buy a new Wii?

At this point, there's little, if any hope, to regain the loyalty of many of their fans. If it turns out we don't get the games, people are gonna be pissed. If we do get the games at the end of the day, fans are still gonna be pissed at all the trolling they had to live with. It's really a lose/lose situation in the mind of these people. Thankfully for Nintendo, this means little or nothing.

DennisK4 said:
I know this may seem like a trollish question but I am serious:

I sold my Wii, is Xenoblade so good an RPG that I should buy a new Wii?
Depends how much you like JRPGs. By most accounts it's the best one this gen for many genre diehards.

Top Bottom