• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
lunchwithyuzo said:
This list is outdated anyway, Kirby Wii has had an official title for a couple weeks now (Kirby: Return to Dream Land).
I haven't seen a single official report showing that title yet.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
papersleeves said:
At this point, there's little, if any hope, to regain the loyalty of many of their fans. If it turns out we don't get the games, people are gonna be pissed. If we do get the games at the end of the day, fans are still gonna be pissed at all the trolling they had to live with. It's really a lose/lose situation in the mind of these people. Thankfully for Nintendo, this means little or nothing.
If they continue to do things like this it will matter more than they expect.

tiff

Banned
DennisK4 said:
I know this may seem like a trollish question but I am serious:

I sold my Wii, is Xenoblade so good an RPG that I should buy a new Wii?
Is any single game worth buying a console for?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The amazon emails are real, but it's just amazon basically saying that they haven't found anyone to supply any of us with Monado yet, so we can either hang on longer if cancel the preorder. It doesn't have anything to do with the game actually coming out.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
DennisK4 said:

Borrow a Wii? If you have a friend with a Wii they might lend it to you, it's not like there is anything else coming out for a while.

Codeblue

I got more coupons sent to my junk inbox for whatever reason. 10% on Zavvi and Sendit expiring on Sunday. If you're looking to buy Xenoblade and want a couple of bucks off PM me.

Krev said:
If they continue to do things like this it will matter more than they expect.

AxLcs.jpg

DennisK4 said:

That seems to be the consensus. There was a post a while back that made the game seem godly by describing the world and how the monsters interact with each other and stuff.

Kacho

Gold Member
I believe Nintendo of America will release Xenoblade and The Last Story, however, we will not see these games until 2012. NoA will release both games during Spring and Summer 2012 after the release of Mario Party 9 and Rhythm Heaven.

B.K.

papersleeves said:
At this point, there's little, if any hope, to regain the loyalty of many of their fans.

I think you're really overestimating the people that want Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. Outside of the internet, there probably aren't many people who have even heard of the games.

Owzers

B.K. said:
I think you're really overestimating the people that want Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. Outside of the internet, there probably aren't many people who have even heard of the games.

Nintendo is losing their vital Defense Force on GAF though, that's got to count for.....something.

RPGamer92

Banned
If Xenoblade, TLS, and Pandora's Tower were to all be released in the US in fall, combined with Zelda, Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, Fortune Street, and Mario Party, Wii could've had the biggest exclusive lineup for this holiday.

PSFan said:
If Xenoblade, TLS, and Pandora's Tower were to all be released in the US in fall, combined with Zelda, Kirby, Rhythm Heaven, Fortune Street, and Mario Party, Wii could've had the biggest exclusive lineup for this holiday.

It could've, but it doesnt. Thats the story of Nintendo home consoles for the last 2 gens. Hey, I wonder if things will change with the WiiU? Maybe this time Nintendo will get it right?

pgtl_10

I've already pre-ordered Xenoblade so even if NOA decides to release the game they have to do it before it releases in Europe otherwise there is no point for me to buy the US version.

Busaiku

So Nintendo Go is saying that Amazon is sending out confirmation dates to people who ordered Monado.
The supposed date is the 28th.

It wasn't on Nintendo's release list, so it's very unlikely that to be the case.
But hey, hope and all that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Busaiku said:
So Nintendo Go is saying that Amazon is sending out confirmation dates to people who ordered Monado.
The supposed date is the 28th.

It wasn't on Nintendo's release list, so it's very unlikely that to be the case.
But hey, hope and all that.
I like to think that Amazon is trying to push Nintendo to sell it.

Amazon: It's coming out the 28th guys.
Nintendo: No it's not, it's not coming to North Am-
Amazon: We got a lot of fucking preorders, ship this bitch.
Nintendo: No bu-
Amazon:
xaq6c8.gif

Hiltz

I think the game could potentially come out next year but this year is highly unlikely. Nintendo turned Operation Rainfall down and then the updated release list for the rest of the year is the nail in the coffin.

I'm still disappointed that no game journalist has taken the opportunity to directly ask Reggie or Iwata about why XenoBlade is coming out everywhere else BUT not for North America. Gamescom is coming up soon, so maybe someone will remember to say something to someone other than you're average Nintendo rep.

Fantastical said:
I like to think that Amazon is trying to push Nintendo to sell it.

I pre-ordered it today from Amazon and the confirmation said it has no release date, and they'll notify me when it gets one.

creid

Hiltz said:
I'm still disappointed that no game journalist has taken the opportunity to directly ask Reggie or Iwata about why XenoBlade is coming out everywhere else BUT not for North America. Gamescom is coming up soon, so maybe someone will remember to say something to someone other than you're average Nintendo rep.
It doesn't really matter, as he'd only give a non-answer anyway. If it never comes to America, the only way we'll ever know why is through rumors from NoA insiders. Like with Mother 3.

Codeblue

I don't think he's being sincere. He knows as well as anyone that the European and North American markets don't necessarily reflect each other.

Didn't they also say something like this for Disaster?

Codeblue said:
I don't think he's being sincere. He knows as well as anyone that the European and North American markets don't necessarily reflect each other.

Didn't they also say something like this for Disaster?

Yes, and Disaster bombed.

Trumpets

I love the sense of outraged entitlement on this thread. Nintendo are well within their rights to release the game where they expect it to sell best.

Back in the day countless niche JRPG's were released in the US and subsequently failed to materialise in europe (my import collection is testament to this). Those that did make it over inevitably sold like shit, vindicating their decision. Presumably NoA don't believe that these game will make them enough money to be worth the hassle of release.

Stop fucking whinging.

Trumpets

These games obviously have followings, and The Last Story has a soundtrack by the man himself, Nobou Uematsu.

There's nothing wrong with trying to pursuade NoA to release it, but this "I HATE YOU NINTENDO YOU HAVE FORSAKEN ME I WILL NEVER RESPECT YOU AGAIN" man-child attitude is pathetic.

Top Bottom