• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

Shiggy

Just educated guesses...they don't seem to have much interest in this title anyway. I'm still fairly confident that The Last Story will be released in NA though, but we should wait for an official announcement for any territory first.

Gravijah

Shiggy said:
Just educated guesses...they don't seem to have much interest in this title anyway. I'm still fairly confident that The Last Story will be released in NA though, but we should wait for an official announcement for any territory first.

But I don't want TLS, I want Xenoblade. :/

Gravijah

Shiggy said:
You can still sue NoA and say that they advertised the game and thus you bought the console...should work in your country :D

Maybe I can get Doshin the Giant brought over here too while I'm at it.

Shiggy

Gravijah said:
Maybe I can get Doshin the Giant brought over here too while I'm at it.

Not really worth it, I had it and it was not much fun.

Things that point to Xenoblade Chronicles being EU-only:
- no E3 showcase
- translation and voice acting done in Europe with British actors
- new forms of advertising -> special edition, voting for cover, Youtube playthrough by Nintendo
- NoA shows no interest in the title

Shiggy said:
Not really worth it, I had it and it was not much fun.

Things that point to Xenoblade Chronicles being EU-only:
- no E3 showcase
- translation and voice acting done in Europe with British actors
- new forms of advertising -> special edition, voting for cover, Youtube playthrough by Nintendo
- NoA shows no interest in the title

Yeah, the voice-acting is the biggest factor. Has Nintendo or any company ever release a game where the EU and US versions has different dubbing?

Shiggy

Mockingbird said:
Yeah, the voice-acting is the biggest factor. Has Nintendo or any company ever release a game where the EU and US versions has different dubbing?

Only the Layton series (with much higher sales potential they went to a more authentic voice acting) and Doshin, but that was because it wasn't released in the US either.

tiff

Banned
Trumpets said:
I love the sense of outraged entitlement on this thread. Nintendo are well within their rights to release the game where they expect it to sell best.

Back in the day countless niche JRPG's were released in the US and subsequently failed to materialise in europe (my import collection is testament to this). Those that did make it over inevitably sold like shit, vindicating their decision. Presumably NoA don't believe that these game will make them enough money to be worth the hassle of release.

Stop fucking whinging.
Anyone who isn't an idiot understands the business logistics of it. Anyone is within their rights to complain about a game they're looking forward to not being localized for their market. Stop being a twat.

Reggie: Let's see how it does in Europe.
*European version sells to European and NA fans*
Reggie: OK, let's put it out.
*NA version sells to smaller number of fans who didn't care enough to import*
Reggie: Well, I guess any further Monolith Soft titles are off the table! Americans don't like them!

creid

Good to see they're not completely ruling it out. That said, even with the increased marketing I don't see this being a big sales success. I'd love for Europe to prove me wrong!

I'll be keeping my European preorder, and I guess I'll wait to play it until NoA's plans are more clear.

Kusagari said:
Obvious canned response is obvious. IGN should have pressed him to give a real answer on why they're not coming over, but of course they didn't.

See:

IGN said:
As expected, Fils-Aime didn't have anything new to announce, and wasn't willing to get into details on any specific titles.
I don't know what makes you think Reggie will suddenly be very transparent. PR is never going to give you a straight answer. The press can press all they want to give a "real answer," but it is PR's job not to give one.

Owzers

JoshuaJSlone said:
Reggie: Let's see how it does in Europe.
*European version sells to European and NA fans*
Reggie: OK, let's put it out.
*NA version sells to smaller number of fans who didn't care enough to import*
Reggie: Well, I guess any further Monolith Soft titles are off the table! Americans don't like them!

Either this or it just begins and ends with

Reggie: Wii U is coming out in 2012!

Trumpets said:
There's nothing wrong with trying to pursuade NoA to release it, but this "I HATE YOU NINTENDO YOU HAVE FORSAKEN ME I WILL NEVER RESPECT YOU AGAIN" man-child attitude is pathetic.

Okay, how about "I purchased your product expecting a wide variety of quality software support for the next 5 years, based on historical precedent of market-leading consoles, and have been greatly disappointed, especially in light of your company's decisions in this region."

I think the "man-child attitude" you're seeing has more to do with your maturity than everyone else's.

Owzers

Leondexter said:
Okay, how about "I purchased your product expecting a wide variety of quality software support for the next 5 years, based on historical precedent of market-leading consoles, and have been greatly disappointed, especially in light of your company's decisions in this region."

I think the "man-child attitude" you're seeing has more to do with your maturity than everyone else's.

Wii's the highest selling console and Nintendo would prefer to release NOTHING instead of bringing over games that already made and in some cases already getting translated anyways. It's pathetic.

GaussTek

Probably, I'm going to import this (Xenoblade I mean)... but I was thinking...

What are the odds that this game won't work even on NTSC-U TV's? I mean, even if you use a loader, it's patched or whatever...

You know, I was reading about Pikmin 2 (New Play Control!). Seems this game (PAL version) is troublesome if you try to run it on a NTSC-U TV, AFAIK you need a TV that supports the PAL signal and it doesn't work even if you patch it or force NTSC video modes. Seems there aren't too many games with this issue, but oh well...

My LCD TV is a 'normal' one and doesn't support the PAL signal, so I just hope Nintendo won't do this on purpouse so you cannot import the damn game lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
gatotsu911 said:
I honestly do not know what to make of the fact that I am now, in essence, expected to import Xenoblade so that I can get Xenoblade.
Welcome to the future of Japanese gaming 'if you want this. you have to buy this'

Clipper

GaussTek said:

What are the odds that this game won't work even on NTSC-U TV's? I mean, even if you use a loader, it's patched or whatever...

You know, I was reading about Pikmin 2 (New Play Control!). Seems this game (PAL version) is troublesome if you try to run it on a NTSC-U TV, AFAIK you need a TV that supports the PAL signal and it doesn't work even if you patch it or force NTSC video modes. Seems there aren't too many games with this issue, but oh well...

My LCD TV is a 'normal' one and doesn't support the PAL signal, so I just hope Nintendo won't do this on purpouse so you cannot import the damn game lol
This only applies to SDTVs. If you are running at 480p, you're all good. Otherwise, you may have trouble.

Loto

Well made a tough choice. Cancelled my Dark Souls pre-order and ended up getting Xenoblade. Can't wait for this one.

Loto said:
Well made a tough choice. Cancelled my Dark Souls pre-order and ended up getting Xenoblade. Can't wait for this one.

As much as I'm dying to get my hands on Xenoblade, I think you made the wrong choice.

Spike

GaussTek said:

I'm going to say that this probably won't be a problem with the upcoming titles. NoE already knows there is going to be people who will be buying the titles from overseas. I just don't see them doing this.

McNum

I'm doing my part. Just went out and preordered my copy. I hope you get it in the US, I'll be playing it next Friday. It still seems wrong somehow that it's the US who sits out on a JRPG for once. Well, not going to let that have me enjoy the game any less.

creid

Loto said:

Mortrialus said:
As much as I'm dying to get my hands on Xenoblade, I think you made the wrong choice.
He chose the RPG of the generation. Of course he made the right choice. Besides, XB needs every sale it can get. I wouldn't worry too much about Dark Souls' financial success.

Loto

creid said:
He chose the RPG of the generation. Of course he made the right choice. Besides, XB needs every sale it can get. I wouldn't worry too much about Dark Souls' financial success.
Thanks! =) can't wait, I ordered from game and chose the 5£ shipping. Thank you NoE

mclem

Codeblue said:
There's also Rhythm Heaven!

Speaking of which, has that been officially announced for Europe yet? I seem to remember earlier release lists having ominous absences for it.

...not that I've any aversion to importing, of course.

Javier

hEaP8.jpg

Holy crap, NoA. I feel kinda sad now.

Amazon sent me an update on monado.....

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on June 26 2011 (Order# XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX).

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: September 26 2011

.....September 26 2011

was amused and slightly angered.

I really would buy this...and even the one with that red classic controller v2. I have 2 classic controllers already, and it would be nice to have another for mario kart or smash bros.

JJD

Loto said:
It was tough Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games. I'm hoping that I can find a deal for it after launch.

I guess you should have kept your Dark Souls pre order...the limited edition pre order bonus is awesome! If I had to choose I would pick up Xeno later!

Fortunately I pre ordered both! :)

JJD

blizzardjesus said:
Amazon sent me an update on monado.....

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on June 26 2011 (Order# XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXX).

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: September 26 2011

.....September 26 2011

was amused and slightly angered.

That's Amazon UK? And you pre ordered on June 26???? WTF!!!

I made my pre order last week and the game was dispatched on release day...

JJD said:
That's Amazon UK? And you pre ordered on June 26???? WTF!!!

I made my pre order last week and the game was dispatched on release day...

The name of the game should be a clue that that is from Amazon.com

I still think Xenoblade and The Last Story will make it here, but I'm doubtful as to Pandora's Tower, just because I heard it wasn't that good and NOA has passed on localizations because of a game's quality before (Disaster).

I also think the Fatal Frame 2 remake will make it here as well, since the only thing holding FF4 back was that glitch.

Kazzy

How playable is this without a classic controller? I'm still waiting for delivery of mine but have had the game since release, so its still sat on my shelf unopened!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Aaron Strife said:
I still think Xenoblade and The Last Story will make it here, but I'm doubtful as to Pandora's Tower, just because I heard it wasn't that good and NOA has passed on localizations because of a game's quality before (Disaster).

I also think the Fatal Frame 2 remake will make it here as well, since the only thing holding FF4 back was that glitch.
Based on JP impressions Last Story isn't very good either. I could see them releasing that over Xenoblade just because it's a Sakaguchi game, and a game that's "From the creator of Final Fantasy" will probably garner more attention than "From the creator of Xenogears/saga."

Top Bottom