• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans of “The Office,” do you watch/listen to Office Ladies

I apologize if there was a thread on this already. I used search and didn’t see anything. Might have missed it thought.

Jenna (Pam) and Angela (Angela) from The Office have a podcast where they go through the series episode by episode and provide commentary on all things The Office, behind the scenes, etc

It’s pretty solid. I’ve watched every episode of the American run (haven’t watched UK version) of The Office multiple times, I can’t get enough of this kind of stuff.

latest episode

Exile me to Schrute Farms with Mose if old

Last edited:
Lol no. Why is this podcast even a thing? I know Jenna is still obsessed with the show. Are they both cat ladies now? Do they have nothing better do to than reminisce about the past?
Also I was gonna make a thread on this.

I wouldn’t have posted if I had known that (obviously there’s no way I could have known, but just saying).

Probably would have been better if you had started the thread, you get way more traction than I do.

Oh well

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I wouldn’t have posted if I had known that (obviously there’s no way I could know, but just saying).

Probably would have been better if you had started the thread, you get way more traction than I do.

My bad
I was just gonna post it to shit on them. Don't worry aboot it.

I wouldn’t have posted if I had known that (obviously there’s no way I could have known, but just saying).

Oh well
Mate, I like you but you need to stop giving so much of a fuck about how many reactions and traction your stuff gets. Just be yourself. Reactions don't give you anything at the end of the day other than a momentary microscopic hit of dopamine. I read your posts when I see them and more often than not, I like them. I'm sure it's the same for many users but you put too much stock into how many emoticons you get. Just post, be yourself and enjoy this place.

I watched the entire US series of the office and while it had its moments, I don't think it held a candle to the original. It's still better than most US sitcoms but I just think the original is damn near perfect.

Last edited:

fatty

Mate, I like you but you need to stop giving so much of a fuck about how many reactions and traction your stuff gets. Just be yourself. Reactions don't give you anything at the end of the day other than a momentary microscopic hit of dopamine. I read your posts when I see them and more often than not, I like them. I'm sure it's the same for many users but you put too much stock into how many emoticons you get. Just post, be yourself and enjoy this place.

I have to second this. Jarebear, just be yourself. Some people may say you gif spam, but some enjoy your reaction gifs. You can’t please everyone so don’t try, you’re a good member that provides value to this community so just do you.

As to the topic, I love The Office and the politically incorrect humor. I will occasionally have it on in the background on Comedy Central while unwinding after work. But I haven’t listened to the podcast mainly because I don’t see them doing the same type of humor from the show, just background commentary. I am tempted as Pam is one of my show crushes, but I just haven’t gotten around to it.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
I watched all of the US office once, followed it week-to-week, but I feel as though it fell off a cliff once Steve Carell left and Ed Helm's character arc was total bullshit. I really didn't like how he starts out being a smart guy and then ends being a dumb MIchael-lite.

The UK Office on the other hand, that shit is golden and timeless. I re-watch it ever couple of years. It's probably my #1 favourite show of all time. So JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered , you should think about watching it... I'd be interested in how you take to it. I know a few Americans who don't like it at all.

Barsinister

Banned

Oh well

3dcMVtt.jpg

CJY

Banned
The UK Office is cringe as fuck and everybody on it is ugly

Cringe is major point of the show though. It's a commentary on office-life. A lot of things that happen in office environments are cringe. I didn't find anybody on US office particularly attractive in all honesty.

Oh, except for Phyllis. What a total babe.

DESTROYA

Ive actually just started watching the the show and its much better then any other comedy show on today.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Cringe is major point of the show though. It's a commentary on office-life. A lot of things that happen in office environments are cringe. I didn't find anybody on US office particularly attractive in all honesty.

Oh, except for Phyllis. What a total babe.
Doesn't make it any more entertaining.
British ppl are just ugly as hell
7e38dbb0a9502562859bca6e5af30c5a.jpg

CJY

Banned
Doesn't make it any more entertaining.
British ppl are just ugly as hell
7e38dbb0a9502562859bca6e5af30c5a.jpg

I have no idea why you think characters in a TV show is highly representative of how the people of a country look. Enough for you say "British pople are just ugly as hell". That's shocking to me and feels like it represents a corruption in humanity.

Per capita, UK has the same number of attractive people as US, probably more. Have you ever been in the UK?

brap

Banned
I have no idea why you think characters in a TV show is highly representative of how the people of a country look. Enough for you say "British pople are just ugly as hell". That's shocking to me and feels like it represents a corruption in humanity.
It's just a joke. British people being ugly and having shit teeth has been a meme for decades. That one dude from the office looks like a fucking zombie though.

Per capita, UK has the same number of attractive people as US, probably more. Have you ever been in the UK?
lmao what even is this logic?

CJY

Banned
lmao what even is this logic?

What do you mean it lacks logic? It's pretty straight-forward. There are equally as many good looking people in the UK as in the US among the general public. What are you not getting?

brap

Banned
What do you mean it lacks logic? It's pretty straight-forward. There are equally as many good looking people in the UK as in the US among the general public. What are you not getting?
Do all countries have the same number of attractive people per capita?

CJY

Banned
Do all countries have the same number of attractive people per capita?
Depends on one's taste, so to an individual, definitely not. I'm using UK and US as an example because of the similar demographics between both of those countries.

Anyway, you're missing the forest from the trees. If you gauge how good-looking a nation's people are based on a TV show, you're one twisted individual, and need to get out more.

And if you base the entertainment value of a show on just how good-looking the cast are, then you're equally as shallow as you are twisted.

Last edited:

Sorry buddy, i'll defend the homeland to the hilt, but when it comes to attractive people, the US has us beat.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Brummie-slappers, Yorkshire slags and Cockney tarts as much as the next Brit, but take your penis for a journey to San Diego's Pacific beach and gift it a boner it never thought was possible.

greyshark

I apologize if there was a thread on this already. I used search and didn’t see anything. Might have missed it thought.

Jenna (Pam) and Angela (Angela) from The Office have a podcast where they go through the series episode by episode and provide commentary on all things The Office, behind the scenes, etc

It’s pretty solid. I’ve watched every episode of the American run (haven’t watched UK version) of The Office multiple times, I can’t get enough of this kind of stuff.

latest episode

Exile me to Schrute Farms with Mose if old

I was a huge fan of the show during its original run. Just found out about this podcast a few weeks ago and I’ve really enjoyed it. Hearing stories like how Creed got his start and Greg Daniels’ thought process in guiding the show has been a treat for me.

Bullet Club

I've watched all episodes of the US & UK versions multiple times.

The podcast is alright, lots of interesting behind the scenes things talked about. It can be a it cringy at times though.

BigBooper

Yea, I've listened to most of the first season episodes so far. I don't know if I like it much yet. I like the insights and anecdotes, but the omg, no you omg relationship they have is a little hard to listen to.

ExpandKong

Banned
I will not tolerate any disrespect to Jenna Fischer she is my 3D waifu, then there’s my 2D waifu then there’s my actual IRL wife so please show some respect and be civil

CJY

Banned
might have to check this out. as corny as it is, The Office is one of those Comfort Food sitcoms for me.

nah it had several hotties. remember when Amy Adams stopped by to sell purses and Michael spent all day trying to mack on her
EmotionalShowyKoodoo-size_restricted.gif
Actually, I looked into it and yeah, it did have quite a number of hotties. I really like Rashida Jones, but then, it did have over 200 episodes to work with whereas the UK one only had 15 episodes.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it is so funny to think of Steve Carrell getting all these awards for basically playing a Trump-style Bad Boss a decade ago. he was always being sexually or racially inappropriate, even outright violent towards his employees, and yet it was sold through schmaltz as some kind of "quirk" or something. it was "charming" cos he was played by this charming hapless guy. by the time he gets engaged in that one episode, they are all kissing his ass, it's a bit silly. makes for a more emotionally satisfying sitcom tho, i suppose. meanwhile they had Trump as the original Bad Boss with The Apprentice, also on NBC, around the same time. funny how that works out.

Last edited:

It's Jeff

Banned
It's okay - they talk about some behind the scenes stuff that's interesting, but they're both so chipper and cloying together.

lock2k

Banned
I just finished watching The Office and I feel like someone stabbed my heart. I don't even like the people of my real life office that much (fuck them) but I loved these guys.

Last edited:
I am doing my annual series binge of the Office, just finished S2

I listened to all the Office Ladies episodes as I have been playing DQ11 and I’m noticing little things they mention in they podcast as I later watch the show

GymWolf

i started to watch office us yesterday, i'm starting the second season today.

does any of the main character become likeable sooner or later?

i mean the boss is cringe as fuck, almost unbereable in his stupidity...great acting tho.
the smarty guy is just a velated piece of shit with the most ridicolous haircut ever
the smarty guy love interest has less personality than a boiled potato and kinda of a lifeless stare
dwight it's funny i guess

too soon to talk about the rest of the cast

i mean, i'm liking the serial but i still hate almost all the characters for now 😆

is this like park and recreation where the first season is far worse then the others?

Edit: ok second season is already better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom