• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia: Music Evolved Announced (Disney/Harmonix, 360/XBO, Kinect, 2014)

RobotRocker

Nov 19, 2010
Preview: http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/4/4384732/harmonix-fantasia-music-evolved-announcement

Leaked from VentureBeat's cache via killercow:

---

Harmonix mentioned they were announcing their new game today on their Twitter account yesterday. Just saw this pop up online and making the rounds on twitter from USA Today

That clearly is the Wizard from The Sorcerers Apprentice Short and Harmonix traditionally do their announcements through USA today for some reason. So that leads to some vadility?

So are Disney and Harmonix making a Fantasia game that will be announced today? Fingers Crossed because that sounds rad as hell.

Aug 17, 2011
OH MY GOD FANTASIA IS MY FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD PLEASE BE TRUE.

Please don't be Kinect based, I will definitely have to buy one :(

Nov 7, 2012
toccata and fuge right into my ears.
what kind of game will that be? i hope it will be some kind of vib ribbon or soundshape.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Jun 6, 2004
UK
This must be what Jeff was talking about when he said they were talking about an unannounced game on the Bombcast tomorrow.

Maybe not fantasia, maybe a Disney themed Dance Central?

M3d10n

Aug 28, 2006
This is most likely Kinect-based. It's one of the few things that actually make sense for it.

Aug 17, 2011
Actually, doing that with the Kinect seems kind of cool
I know, it seems kind of cool, as would being Chernabog...

... commanding the forces of evil in rhythm to Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.

Fuck, I'm going to have to buy a Kinect aren't I? Hopefully it's 360 and not XBone, I can't justify buying that.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Jun 6, 2004
UK
oh yeah, some kind of marionette type game could be it, sounds like a very kid focused concept though.

zeopower6

Jul 29, 2012
It looks like the full title is "Fantasia: Music Evolved" and the trailer and some screenshots leaked yesterday but were quickly taken down.

One Google cached description from the Disney site:
Fantasia: Music Evolved Announcement Trailer ... - Disney Video
http://video.disney.com/watch/fantasia-music-evolved-announcement-trailer-4ddf720d43cd0993a6ee79cb (was taken down)
Fantasia: Music Evolved is a breakthrough musical motion game where players embark on an interactive motion-controlled journey through worlds of music and ...
One of the removed screens