• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia: Music Evolved Demo on Xbox Live

Definitely interested in this. Can't wait for that Xbox Juan trial.

xboxjuan.png

this game looks interesting

Sydle

Been curious about this game for a while, glad we can try it out.

Found the digital versions in the Xbox Store. Can't believe the standard edition is $60 and the deluxe is $90.

Oh man can't wait to try this but a demo 11days before launch usually means they are proud of the product they make and want people to try it

sbrew

Banned
Terrific track list, but I don't have (or want) a Kinect.

Kinect is awesome and Kinect games are awesome. You are are missing out.

I buy every damn Kinect game and have had a blast with all of them.

.... ok, I lied. Have not bought or played Fighter Within...

.... hangs head and goes to Kinect Fanboy Warrior Hall of Shame.

I personally cannot wait to get home to play this tonight. Phil Spencer and company should be ASHAMED of pullling the rug out from under dedicated Kinect developers like Harmonix and Rare with the removal of Kinect 2.0. This game looks awesome.

Alx

You should. Fighter Within is far from being a bad game. ;)
Will definitely try the fantasia demo as soon as it's available on One.

Krilekk

Banned
Wow, this is cool. I wanted to play more after the demo. Gonna buy this ... but maybe not for $60. It's definitely more intuitive than other music games.

B3N1

Just played the demo with my brother. Oh shit this is fun. I'd get it instantly if it was priced the way Dance Central Spotlight is. This way I'm waiting for a sale and get it then.

(I know about the Disney content and stuff but I'm not really interested in that, I hated those parts in the demo too.)

SFenton

Yeah, holy cow, remixing tracks is magical, and the reindeer is flawless. This shot way up on my must buy list. EDIT: reindeer it's indeed flawless, but I meant response time.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
So apparently this game is really good. Downloading the demo now. Anymore impressions? I have feel bad for Harmonix if this turns out to be an amazing game, because no one will play it. :(

SFenton

So apparently this game is really good. Downloading the demo now. Anymore impressions? I have feel bad for Harmonix if this turns out to be an amazing game, because no one will play it. :(

If you get people to play out, the creativity will hook people the same way Dance Central does. Reminds me of the way people had to be induced to Guitar Hero- play it to "get" it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
oh man, demo's out? Gotta keep up with the times.

edit: fucking 2 gig update rarhragrhagaghah

Kinect is awesome and Kinect games are awesome. You are are missing out.

I buy every damn Kinect game and have had a blast with all of them.

.... ok, I lied. Have not bought or played Fighter Within...

.... hangs head and goes to Kinect Fanboy Warrior Hall of Shame.

I personally cannot wait to get home to play this tonight. Phil Spencer and company should be ASHAMED of pullling the rug out from under dedicated Kinect developers like Harmonix and Rare with the removal of Kinect 2.0. This game looks awesome.

WTF?

Astro.

I had a lot of fun with this, that being said, it would be a lot more inticing at a cool $20-40 price tag. Scrolling the track list, personally, there aren't too many songs that grab my interest.

I have a feeling this will end up in the shopping cart on Black Friday for the girlfriend and I though.

espher

Seriously? Never understood this logic.

"Hey guys, let's cut out a sizable chunk of the userbase that could try and then buy the game if they like it by putting up a pay wall in order to play the demo!"

It's Microsoft's standard for demos (and iirc has been for years). Part of me hoped they might have dropped it for the 360, at least.

It's Microsoft's standard for demos (and iirc has been for years). Part of me hoped they might have dropped it for the 360, at least.

News to me. Probably because I haven't downloaded anything since I cancelled my Live subscription december last year. That's a really shit policy that'll make them miss out on some sales.

Krilekk

Banned
Seriously? Never understood this logic.

"Hey guys, let's cut out a sizable chunk of the userbase that could try and then buy the game if they like it by putting up a pay wall in order to play the demo!"

FWIW after a week the demo will be available to everyone and then you'll still have four days to try the game before it releases.

FWIW after a week the demo will be available to everyone and then you'll still have four days to try the game before it releases.

Well that's better. Still stupid not to release out to all users from the start though. Maximise it's exposure. I'm a big fan of Harmonix so I hope this does well.

jhawk6

Game is great! I had a lot of fun with the demo. Couldn't get my wife on board though. She was supremely disappointed there is no Disney music.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I can't download the demo on the xbox one, says unavailable :(

well, guess i'll try the 360 version.

edit: never mind, downloading now.

Sydle

That was a pleasant surprise, made me smile quite a few times. The presentation is charming and the gameplay is fun. Royals was especially fun.

I went from being shocked and disappointed they are charging $60-$90 for the digital versions of this game to buying the deluxe digital version. Showing my love for Harmonix.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Just got done playing the demo for a while and now I'm thinking of purchasing. The gestures look really stupid when others do them (e.g. that awful promotional video), but they are fun to actually perform. I hope people give the game a try. It seems like another great Harmonix game.

All I can think about is how people (speaking generally about the Internet as a whole) really liked to shit on this game for the past year and a half. Harmonix has been up against it ever since that initial reveal trailer was so negatively received. Considering the reactions so far in this thread, I'm really glad there's a demo (and I'm sure Harmonix is too). I can't wait to try it out once the demo is available for non-Gold subscribers.

B-Dex

So much fun to play. Really had a great time flailing my arms looking like an idiot but I didn't care it was fun!

KaYotiX

Banned
Game is really fun, wife said it looked boring until she actually played it.

She had a smile the entire time. Another Harmonix must buy for me.

espher

Ended up getting a friend of mine to download it on his 360 and send me a copy.

I enjoyed it overall. Timing felt tricky to wrap my head around -- I set what felt like proper calibration but it didn't always seem to register my gestures correctly (in particular for any two-handed gestures that were not strictly vertical and some of the sweep + hold sequences). I expect that's something that I'll get used to w/ the full version and some further tuning (is there a way to redo calibration for the demo?).

Caayn

Is it me or does this game really looks washed-out. When I deliberately use the wrong RGB settings it looks perfectly fine but when I use the correct settings it has a gray filter on top of it.

Top Bottom