• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia: Music Evolved Demo on Xbox Live

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well I debated with myself but eventually got the deluxe version. Most of the DLC songs aren't things I would listen to but I find that doesn't matter as much when playing games. I have a lot of fun playing drums in RockBand to tracks I would never listen to normally and I actually ended up liking some of the bands as a result.

Hopefully this unlocks at midnight!

Mr.Fusion

Will the preorder bonus songs be included with all copies of the game at launch, because I preordered from the Microsoft Store and they're not listed as a participating retailer. On Amazon it mentions that the code is included inside the game, so I was hoping it is actually just packed in all copies at launch.

Mines arrived in the mail. Absolutely wonderful. The lack of OT for this game is somewhat disappointing.

And that Requires Kinect box is going to be the Achilles heel to this game. It's going to be an uphill battle to sell this to people who are buying the sans kinect bundle. Honestly, Harmonix is single handedly keeping my Kinect plugged in (this and DC:Spotlight), and it's a shame that it's still just them carrying MS's hardware again.

2x.jpg

Mr.Fusion

Mines arrived in the mail. Absolutely wonderful. The lack of OT for this game is somewhat disappointing.

And that Requires Kinect box is going to be the Achilles heel to this game.

2x.jpg

May I ask where you ordered it from, and if it included the pre order bonus songs inside the game case. Thanks.

May I ask where you ordered it from, and if it included the pre order bonus songs inside the game case. Thanks.
Best Buy Canada. No preorder bonus song within the box. No preorder code yet from retailer. (I've seen them email me the code 2 days after for other games)

hawk2025

And that Requires Kinect box is going to be the Achilles heel to this game. It's going to be an uphill battle to sell this to people who are buying the sans kinect bundle. Honestly, Harmonix is single handedly keeping my Kinect plugged in (this and DC:Spotlight), and it's a shame that it's still just them carrying MS's hardware again.

There's something so wrong about Bruno Mars having a big spot on the cover, and David Bowie having a smaller font in the back :(

Looking forward to this, I feel like the family will love it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
There's something so wrong about Bruno Mars having a big spot on the cover, and David Bowie having a smaller font in the back :(

Looking forward to this, I feel like the family will love it.

Whatever it takes to appeal to the mainstream.

Their past broadcast from today is out, supposedly there is some dev talk, watching it right now.

Can't wait til the dlc goes up, gonna buy it all.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
woah woah woah woah

I heard them say that the digital deluxe includes all the dlc but people who don't pick up the digital deluxe will have to wait for it to roll out, is this true Nick? if it is, brb ponying up money.

edit: Just realized Nick said it haha.
I am so close to just downloading it, I can't handle it anymore, but I love my physical copies.

edit2: I am weak and I can't deny buying all of the dlc day one, pre-ordered and waiting for midnight release. First time i've ever pre-ordered a digital retail game. Harmonixpls

Ugh. Amazon shipped my copy via USPS. Hopefully I get it tomorrow like they promised. I'll probably be at work when it arrives though :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

They changed the OT rules, they are supposed to be posted the day of release now instead of a week before. Having said that, I don't know who, if anyone, is doing it.

A friend came over last night and played the demo while sitting with his legs up in the air, laughed my ass off. Can't wait to pick the game up tomorrow!

B-Dex

How long will the digital deluxe be up? If it will remain on the store that would be awesome if it's going away in a week or so that will be less awesome haha.

I didn't expect to enjoy the demo as much as I did and I would love to pick this up. If I do I could get the 20,000 rewards points and put that to Halo...

mbmonk

It really reminds me of Elite Beat Agents in terms of it's gameplay. I prefer the interaction of tapping the screen on the 3DS versus using the Kinect.

I am on the fence about the game. But I do love the demo UI.

http://www.twitch.tv/rulei420

Time to boost the next streamer up. Hopefully this one has Let It Go.

Hola, I think this stream just sold me on the game.

I was always curious about this, but deep down was a little skeptical on whether it just wouldn't be my style, even if it was great. Something about this stream has me genuinely excited to try it out though. I hope this game finds its audience, there just seems to be something special about it.

Well review embargoes be damned, after playing the demo and watching some streams I decided to get in on the digital preorder before the Let it Go bonus expires.

I look forward to playing this tomorrow night.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Hola, I think this stream just sold me on the game.

I was always curious about this, but deep down was a little skeptical on whether it just wouldn't be my style, even if it was great. Something about this stream has me genuinely excited to try it out though. I hope this game finds its audience, there just seems to be something special about it.

And the person playing in this stream hasn't even gotten to the point where he/she (looks like a he?) has unlocked any of the remixes or Composition Spells, which basically elevates this stuff to face-melting levels of "WOAH." :D

So excited for people to be able to play this!

GoDLiKe

Demo was amazing. Love the UI and of course gameplay. They introduced some really interesting mechanics such as the ability to modify the rhythm. I can't pay 60 right now so I'll wait for a price drop.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
One note and I know it's hard: but if you're already sold on the game, don't watch too much of these streams ahead of actually playing them. For me (and from what I've seen of people playing... and that's watching A LOT of people playing), so much of the magic comes from the surprises the game has in store. Whether that be in Discovery realms (which this streamer is about to hit for the first time) or discovering bits in remix paths and new sounds, it's really a bunch of "Oh, wow!" moments that should make you smile.

JUST MY TWO CENTS.

If you're NOT already sold on the game, play the demo or watch enough to either realize it's not for you OR you just have to run out and buy it. :)

And the person playing in this stream hasn't even gotten to the point where he/she (looks like a he?) has unlocked any of the remixes or Composition Spells, which basically elevates this stuff to face-melting levels of "WOAH." :D

So excited for people to be able to play this!

Alright, you win Nicholas, perhaps this is where the $50 gift card (plus extra) I'll be getting with my X1 next week will go. The game seems to do a great job of evoking that sort of majestic, formal, live concert feel that I remember from the original Fantasia.

StudioTan

Game didn't unlock at midnight. Boo!

Dominator

I wish my room was bigger, because when I stand and I have high notes, my hands get cut off, and when I sit down it just doesn't work right. But I'm still getting it tomorrow and I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with it.

Duxxy3

It's easy to tell when a person is really into the game, and when they don't seem to care as much. Looks pretty cool when the player gets into it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
And let's remind what happened when this game announced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0_dGKx4Os

reading these comments makes me physically ill

I never understood the outrage, as soon as you see who was the developer (Harmonix) you should have immediately thought "wow game's going to be great" but instead you get people with betrayed expectations which result in kneejerk negative reactions because the game is trying to introduce new genres to a franchise that has traditionally been classical music only.

Let's be honest, if the game was classical only / only disney songs (which is a really ignorant expectation), then it would target less of a demographic. Harmonix's decision of making primarily a modern era of music tracklist with some classical songs on the side is a good compromise and helps market the game to a much wider demographic.

Long story short, never doubt Harmonix. Their track record in the previous two video game generations have been all solid. They deserve much more respect than those people in the comments give them.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Turn up the lights! You're doing great =)

Thanks, i'll work on the lighting next time. Played for over an hour, and man the tutorial is long :( , It seems like I cannot play my dlc until i finish the tutorial, I just really want to get this over with so I can actually start playing the songs in their unadulterated forms.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Thanks, i'll work on the lighting next time. Played for over an hour, and man the tutorial is long :( , It seems like I cannot play my dlc until i finish the tutorial, I just really want to get this over with so I can actually start playing the songs in their unadulterated forms.

haha, yeah, noticed that. Can't wait to get my hands on this. I just hope this launches 24th in Holland. Info on this game is extremely sketchy.

I enjoyed the demo a lot. Can't wait to play the full game. I wish there was a controller mode at least as an option so I could mess around with remixing without having tired arms all the time.

What's the deal with buying digitally on the 360? Why is there no deluxe bundle option there? Hoping it shows up at some point today or soon after, really disappointing if it doesn't. Not sure why that would need to be exclusive to the X1.

Krilekk

Banned
Would be great if Kinect could still pick me up while standing. But if I raise my arms half of them are not visible. Seated play is pretty nice, though. And the third song made me sweat already.

sbrew

Banned
That demo is actually pretty fucking fun. Don't need a big room for it either. Kinda wish I didn't buy Dance Central now.

This was an awesome blending of Child of Light and Guitar Hero. Was REALLY fun.

Dance Central was 10 dollars. Am I missing something?

This game looks cool and will be the next game I purchase.... If I can get it working properly. There were some moves it was not registering when I played the demo. I think it's because my Kinect 2.0 is 6'7" above the floor and 6' is the max. Need to lower it.

Top Bottom