• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia: Music Evolved |OT| I Put On My Robe & Wizard Hat

Alx

Hey, out of curiosity, how many of you playing on Xbox One

1. Know you can save performances and upload them to YouTube from the game?
  2. Have figured out how to do that?
  3. Actually have done that?
  4. Actually care about doing that?

Well I know it's possible since there is an achievement for downloading a youtube replay, but I haven't found how to do it (I haven't recorded one of my own performances either, but I assume it will ask me if I want to upload it once it's done ?). Also did a quick search to find the youtube channel on my phone browser, and didn't find it. :/

Edit : so for a more readable answer :
  1. yes
  2. no(t really)
  3. no
  4. maybe... when I'll have something worth showing.

Edit2 : now that I think about it, I wonder if the achievement is for uploading or downloading a replay (the word is ambiguous in French). If there is no download feature in the game, I would feel less stupid. :p

Sydle

Gave 2-player mode a shot and it was fun. My only gripe is that we had to shake in between almost every song. I would have preferred simply raising our hands.

• Aware of it
  • Looks pretty easy to do
  • Have not done it
  • Do not care about it

jesu

1)Didn't know
2)Haven't looked yet
3)Nope
4)Certainly do!

1. Know you can save performances and upload them to YouTube from the game? Yes
  2. Have figured out how to do that? Save performances = Yes / Upload = No
  3. Actually have done that? Saved = Yes / Upload = No
  4. Actually care about doing that? Yes

I uploaded a performance once but I don't actually know where it went...

I've played several Kinect games I've enjoyed but this has been something else. Tired my arms the hell out playing 6 hours straight the first day and have played it with friends over the last week.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I have saved a performance and saw that you could upload it but I don't have a YouTube account at the moment so didn't bother to try.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Thanks for the answers. Not surprised by the responses. Here's how you can do it, for those wondering:

• First: this only works on Xbox One!
  • After completing a performance, you can save the performance. Do that!
  • In order to upload, you have to watch the performance first (the Xbox One records it to the console via Game DVR, which is needed for sharing)
  • After watching the performance, you have the option to upload your track to YouTube. You DO NOT need a YouTube account to do this as the video is put on the Fantasia YouTube channel. You can view mixes already uploaded here -- makes a decent work playlist. :)
  • Once you choose to share, the game will generate a string of characters for you that will allow you to search for and identify your mix on YouTube via a search.
  • Search for your song on YouTube... share it here/with your friends/whatever. Note that it may take awhile for the video to upload, process, and then be searchable. Be patient!

Holler with questions!

Thanks for the answers. Not surprised by the responses. Here's how you can do it, for those wondering:

• In order to upload, you have to watch the performance first (the Xbox One records it to the console via Game DVR, which is needed for sharing)
  • After watching the performance, you have the option to upload your track to YouTube. You DO NOT need a YouTube account to do this as the video is put on the Fantasia YouTube channel. You can view mixes already uploaded here -- makes a decent work playlist. :)
  • Once you choose to share, the game will generate a string of characters for you that will allow you to search for and identify your mix on YouTube via a search.
  • Search for your song on YouTube... share it here/with your friends/whatever. Note that it may take awhile for the video to upload, process, and then be searchable. Be patient!

Holler with questions!

Sweet. Will put in OP.

dejay

Banned
Holy shit! There's a chiptune mix of Dvorak's Symphony #9. I really don't dig a lot of the remixes, but that was pretty cool and unexpected and it mixed well with the classical instruments.

espher

^ That's my favourite so far. That or maybe the Forget You mixes.

What input lag do people have set? I have -10.

Also your hand position doesn't really matter, just the movement right? Only ones I am having a hard time with are the multiple sweeps back and forth happening at the same time.

I've changed it every time I play, as a given gesture always feels kind of 'off'. I think right now I'm back on 0. If I do extremely brief, almost "chop"-like gestures things almost always register, but bigger sweeping ones can be a problem.

Position doesn't matter, but I have noticed some issues where Kinect (360) occasionally tracks the wrong hand for a given gesture, either forcing me to do some weird cross-body movement, or somehow breaking a sweep-and-hold registering as one hand when I do a punch or sweep with the other hand (the hand doing the hold does not move enough for it to leave the circle, which is what I thought may have been happening until I really started looking).

Beyond that, iirc, I only really have trouble with:

• > < sweeps, if I swipe inward with both hands, and especially if it's after a single-hand gesture (if I see it ahead of time, I sometimes cross my hands over and then sweep back across by body, so my right hand goes left-to-right across my body and the opposite for the left, which works).
  • Occasionally w/ two-handed punch + drags, especially the punch + up w/ one hand while punch + down w/ another, as Kinect will sometimes mix up which hand is which, and view me doing the opposite gesture.
  • Quick punch sequences, esp if done with one hand.

re: YouTube - I've been manually capturing and uploading the odd song (waiting until I unlock all three mixes before I really look at recording) as I saw there was stuff ending up on the YT channel but couldn't find anything on my game. Nerfed 360 version imo! ;)

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Nerfed 360 version imo! ;)

Because of the winky, not sure if this is entirely serious, but just in case: there's a legitimate technical reason for this, and it's because the Xbox 360 offers no way to save game clips like the Xbox One does (GameDVR). Allowing it for the 360 game would require a considerable amount of work, making it unreasonable to actually put it into the game. SORRY. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
^ That's my favourite so far. That or maybe the Forget You mixes.

I've changed it every time I play, as a given gesture always feels kind of 'off'. I think right now I'm back on 0. If I do extremely brief, almost "chop"-like gestures things almost always register, but bigger sweeping ones can be a problem.

I have the same thing. Guess it makes sense that your timing might not be as sharp if you try to be more sweeping and natural but I tried to do that just to save on arm fatigue and couldn't really maintain it; had to go back to sharp and quick gestures.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
pick this game on a whim after watch GT review and dam its fun. Been playing it with friends since I got off work at 2, just after 9 now. Who would have thought a kinect game would get me to break my destiny habit for the day.

Holler with questions!
Perfect. I moved way too quickly and just saw the words GameDVR and thought I had to go in there to see it setup.

espher

Because of the winky, not sure if this is entirely serious, but just in case: there's a legitimate technical reason for this, and it's because the Xbox 360 offers no way to save game clips like the Xbox One does (GameDVR). Allowing it for the 360 game would require a considerable amount of work, making it unreasonable to actually put it into the game. SORRY. :(

Yeah, it wasn't serious. tbh I doubt the 360 would even have the horsepower to do it full stop.

dejay

Banned
Just finished the main story. I didn't rate the final two pieces of music in the finale.

However, I discovered The White Stripes song. It has great remixes and it's fun switching between them.

Zenner

Did the Halloween challenge (playing Night on Bald Mountain on Halloween) get removed? I went to do that today, and it's not showing up anymore either locked or unlocked. Did anyone else get to complete it?

Alx

I unlocked it 20 minutes before it timed out, I think it ended at midnight GMT for me. It gives you a picture of the demon of the bald mountain.

Zenner

Hmm, I guess the challenges are all tied to GMT then, regardless of location? I just checked on another game that is showing November events already, even though there's still several hours of October left here. Ah well.

Going to wrap up The Cosmos realm this weekend. It's been great, all around. :)

Ohmbrew

Did the Halloween challenge (playing Night on Bald Mountain on Halloween) get removed? I went to do that today, and it's not showing up anymore either locked or unlocked. Did anyone else get to complete it?

Ya, it seems the timing was messed up for us North Americans. I tried to do it around 10pm EST expecting the challenge to pop, but got nothing. When I went to achievements to look for it, I didn't see the challenge there. As mentioned above, it must have been a GMT based achievement.

Rendition

How is the 360 version of the game? Is it as good as Xbox One just with worse graphics? I don't have an Xbox One kinect, but I'm interested in it for the 360.

Ya, it seems the timing was messed up for us North Americans. I tried to do it around 10pm EST expecting the challenge to pop, but got nothing. When I went to achievements to look for it, I didn't see the challenge there. As mentioned above, it must have been a GMT based achievement.

I got mine! The challenge ended at around 5 Pacific time for some reason.

How is the 360 version of the game? Is it as good as Xbox One just with worse graphics? I don't have an Xbox One kinect, but I'm interested in it for the 360.

I haven't tried it but I asked about this before release and that's more or less the case. The 360 version doesn't have the upload option but I think that's the only real functionality missing from the X1 version.

jond76

Banned
How are people liking this? I played some more recently and it's a really fun time. The fact that's there's stuff to do outside of songs is cool.

How are people liking this? I played some more recently and it's a really fun time. The fact that's there's stuff to do outside of songs is cool.

I love it!
It's probably the game that best makes use of the kinect by a long shot. It's a lot easier to play and get into then DC.

Unfortunately it came out about 4 years to late otherwise I think a lot more people would be talking about it.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

It's a lot of fun, for sure.

Just purchased Fantasia for the Xbox One and am waiting for my Kinect mount to be delivered before diving in. I can't wait - it seems like it'll be a nice change of pace from all the third person action games and first person shooters I've been playing lately.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I guess there's no plan to release actual Disney songs? Because that would be really cool. Love Harmonix but as a Dance Central player kind of sick of some of those songs listed already.

Guys, I have a problem or something. In the xbox store I bought the DLC Collection and Expansion packs that includes the rock, pop, and dance expansion and also the 18 dlc songs but it only downloads the mix packs and no dlc. I tried to download the the dlc songs that are available and it ask me to pay for them! Has this happened to you. I have the physical version btw.

Memles

Let's bump this, shall we?

I was close to picking up a system without Kinect, but the Microsoft Store refurb deal ($329, three download codes, one free game) convinced me otherwise. Thinking that I should have something other than Dance Central (which came with the bundle) to test it out game-wise, I noticed Fantasia was going to be an Amazon Lightning Deal at 7:10am during the Black Friday sales, got up, and decided to take the $25 plunge.

That series of events was incredibly fortuitous, because this game is fantastic—love how the "rhythm" encompasses your whole body the more you get into a song, love the way the remix structure plays out (I haven't even delved into it that much, still working through the story mode), and as an unabashed lover of pop music I'm taking to the setlist in a way that others might not be. While the TV features have been productive enough for me that I'm glad for the Kinect in general, this game has convinced me that it would've been worth the extra $100 (as strange as that might seem for a single game).

I expect I'll end up shelling out for the full DLC pack/Remix setup (although perhaps waiting for a sale of some kind), as this is the kind of game I both want to support and want to preserve the sense of "discovery" as much as possible.

Top Bottom