• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia Music Evolved |OT| Wave that funky music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jond76

Banned
Harmonix Fantasia: Music Evolved

fanta.jpg

The narration directly references the "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" segment from Walt Disney's 1940 animated film Fantasia.[1] The sorcerer Yen Sid tasks his new apprentice, the player, with animating the worlds he has created.[2] Players generate life in initially desolate levels by moving in rhythm with licensed popular music, which unlocks gestures that change elements of the musical composition.[2] In an example, a player traced arrows with her body in time with a song, and was rewarded with a selection of rock, orchestral, and brass music overlays that fit over the song.[2] The Kinect's camera shows the player as an on-screen silhouette, which transforms other objects when the two touch.[3] The game is able to read nuance in the player's body movements and change the visual animations accordingly.[2]

Fantasia: Music Evolved is designed to emphasize creative control, although with that in mind, players score points based on how accurate they are in time with the music, and also build up a streak for even more points. The player is unable to fail or lose the game.[3] After completing a level, some musical elements are exported to the overworld.[2] Players collect magical energy while playing, which is used to unlock items that can be brought into the levels.[3]

The developers plan to let players share their final, saved mixes after the levels are complete.[3] They also plan a two-player mode.[3] Unlocked areas become available for arcade and party modes.[3]

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia:_Music_Evolved

Some Images:

disne.jpg

628x4.jpg

Track list:

Dvorák – "Symphony No. 9 from the New World"
• Vivaldi – "The Four Seasons: Winter, 1st Movement"
• Avicii– "Levels"
• Bruno Mars – "Locked Out of Heaven"
• Cee Lo Green – "Forget You"
• David Bowie – "Ziggy Stardust"
• Depeche Mode – "Enjoy the Silence"
• Drake – "Take Care" (ft. Rihanna)
• Elton John – "Rocket Man"
• Fun. – "Some Nights"
• Gorillaz – "Feel Good Inc."
• Kimbra – "Settle Down"
• Lorde – "Royals"
• M.I.A. – "Galang"
• Mussorgsky – "Night on Bald Mountain"
• Nicki Minaj – "Super Bass"
• Peter Gabriel – "In Your Eyes"
• Police – "Message in a Bottle"
• Queen – "Bohemian Rhapsody"
• Tchaikovsky – "The Nutcracker Medley"
• The Who – "The Real Me"
• White Stripes – "Seven Nation Army"
• Mozart – "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik'
The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, Pt. 1"
• Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive"
• J.S. Bach - "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor"
• Inon Zur - "Scout's Theme (ft Lindsey Stirling)"
• Jimi Hendrix - "Fire"
• Lady Gaga - "Applause"
• Liszt - "Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2"
• Missy Elliot - Get Ur Freak On"
• New Order - "Blue Monday'

Pre Order Bonus:

: OneRepublic's "Counting Stars," Demi Lovato's take on Frozen's "Let It Go" and Avicii's "Lay Me Down."

Digital Deluxe Bundle includes these songs:

"As Long as You Love Me" Justin Bieber ft. Big Sean No Venue TBA
"Burn" Ellie Goulding No Venue TBA
"Burning Down the House" Talking Heads No Venue TBA
"Closer" Ne-Yo No Venue TBA
"DONE." The Band Perry No Venue TBA
"The Edge of Glory" Lady Gaga No Venue TBA
"I Cry" Flo Rida No Venue TBA
"It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" R.E.M. No Venue TBA
"Just Like Heaven" The Cure No Venue TBA
"Lucky Strike" Maroon 5 No Venue TBA
"Paradise" Coldplay No Venue TBA
"Spoonman" Soundgarden No Venue TBA
"Stay the Night" Zedd ft. Hayley Williams No Venue TBA
"Try It Out" Skrillex and Alvin Risk No Venue TBA
"You Make Me" Avicii No Venue TBA
"Counting Stars" OneRepublic No Venue TBA [a]
"Lay Me Down" Avicii No Venue TBA [a]
"Let It Go" Demi Lovato

As well as 3 different remix packs.

Reviews:

Metacritic: 80

Gaming Trend: 95
Worth Playing: 90
IGN: 86
Gamespot: 80

This Is a terrible OP and also my first, so anyone wants to improve it, please do.

Super fun game! Congrats, Harmonix!

GamerJM

Banned
I had no idea this game's soundtrack was mostly pop music, I thought it was supposed to have a Disney-themed soundtrack this whole time.

jond76

Banned
Apologies to GuitarAtomik for jumping the gun here on an OT. Mods can decommission/combine this when his OT is up.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just played it for a little over an hour, got a decent sweat from it too. The game is really fun, more fun than you might think just watching someone play. Anyone on the fence should really try the demo.

Night on Bald Mountain felt really epic, especially since I'm playing on a 106" screen.

sbrew

Banned
Tried the demo. Like any Harmonix game, there is a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you get the hang of it, the reward is a lot of fun.

Once I get my Kinect perfectly placed, I'll give the demo a try again and purchase it if everything works well. My Kinect is too high right now and it screws things up, including this game, just enough to be frustrating.

Nice OP. It'll be nice to have a place to discuss this game.

I spent a couple hours with it this morning and enjoyed it immensely, all though I'm apparently 28% through the story mode... I Can't wait to go home and play it with the family.

It brings back those rock band feels. It really clicked when I got to night on bald mountain.

Matriox

• Gorillaz – "Feel Good Inc."
• Police – "Message in a Bottle"
• Queen – "Bohemian Rhapsody"
• White Stripes – "Seven Nation Army"

GIMMEHHH

jond76

Banned
Yeah, it's been really fun. The penalties aren't too harsh and it's fun when you nail crazy sections. Really enjoyed Rocket Man.

Journey

Banned
Impressions so far have been very positive. Rockband/Guitar hero with your body and tons of fun. It's too bad Kinect is no longer standard, they really needed more games like this to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom