• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life (3DS) ships 1 million worlwide; Fantasy Life 2 (Mobile) delayed to 2016

https://www.l5-dash.jp/fl2/

According to the official website, Fantasy Life for 3DS shipped more than 1 million copies worldwide (including digital).

In relevant news, Fantasy Life 2 for Mobile was originally planned for Summer 2015, but it’s officially been delayed until 2016, with a beta test to come early next year.

GWnXeai.jpg

Pachimari

I just hope Fantasy Life 2 will also release in the West, unlike some Square Enix Final Fantasy titles staying exclusive to Japan.

Pachimari

Apparently, Fantasy Life "2" is just a port tailored for Mobile.

I know that, and that is fine with me. Sold the first one before I even got to open it, so I'll likely either rebuy Fantasy Life 1 on 3DS some time next year or just go with Fantasy Life 2 on iOS and have the convenience of it always being on my phone.

Oregano

I hope Fantasy Life 2 isn't the only follow up considering those sales. Does that not put in the same ballpark as Nino Kuni PS3?

SalvaPot

The first one its so good, its the perfect mix of RPG missions and a relaxed atmosphere. It was such a joy to play and I go back to it every few weeks to try and 100% it.

Velcro Fly

Just a really fun game

Every life felt fun and most of them felt very different.

I've got about 90 hours on my file and I still have the DLC chapter to finish up and getting every life to max. Probably another 30+ hours at least.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This game was really addicting... I spend like 20 hours in the first week I started playing it... So good.

Hope we get a real successor in the future.

Good news, I enjoyed this game much more than I originally though I would. It's a shame the sequel is going to be a mobile port but this gives me hope that we might see a proper sequel at some point.

Plus, this game has one of my favourite soundtracks ever. Seriously, it's so good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny because Neverland didn't get great at developing RF until the last two and suddenly blamo, dissolution.

Fantasy Life is itself a really good game that could make a great sequel...but I don't think its going to happen with a super later mobile game that's basically a remake.

ngower

The price on this one NEVER drops. Had my eye on it for a while.

The fact that this sold so well and SqEnix is making the "sequel" as a mobile game is proof that no good deed goes unpunished.

Loved the first one. Absolutely disinterested in the trash the second will be.

You don't wanna pay $5.99 to increase your proficiency in a certain class, bro?

finalflame

Gold Member
The fact that this sold so well and *Level-5 is making the "sequel" as a mobile game is proof that no good deed goes unpunished.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
1*: [3DS] Fantasy Life (Level 5) {2012.12.27} - 134.008 / 290.678
2*: [3DS] Fantasy Life (Level 5) {2012.12.27} - 117.071 / 275.620
3*: [3DS] Fantasy Life: Link! (Level 5) {2013.07.25} - 18.946 / 88.533
4*: [3DS] Fantasy Life: Link! (Level 5) {2013.07.25} - 18.234 / 104.977
Code:
+--+----------+----------+----------+----------+
|  | Famitsu  | MCreate  | Famitsu  | MCreate  |
|  |    1*    |    2*    |    3*    |    4*    |
|Wk|2012.12.27|2012.12.27|2013.07.25|2013.07.25|
|  |    to    |    to    |    to    |    to    |
|  |2013.06.16|2013.06.16|2014.01.12|2014.01.12|
| 1|   134.008|   117.071|    18.946|    18.234|
| 2|    33.510|    42.291|    13.868|    10.487|
| 3|     8.315|          |     9.213|     7.533|
| 4|     4.154|          |     8.731|     8.139|
| 5|    20.651|    25.042|     4.632|     4.481|
| 6|    18.417|    20.606|     3.639|     4.201|
| 7|    12.244|    13.342|     2.522|          |
| 8|     9.179|     8.751|     2.285|          |
| 9|     5.860|     5.870|     1.775|          |
|10|     5.064|     5.236|     1.645|          |
|11|     3.732|          |     1.183|          |
|12|     2.925|          |          |          |
|13|     2.835|          |          |          |
|14|     2.537|          |          |          |
|15|     2.324|          |          |          |
|16|     1.712|          |          |          |
|17|     1.599|          |          |          |
|18|     1.780|          |          |          |
|19|     2.669|          |          |          |
|20|     1.496|          |          |          |
|21|     1.168|          |          |          |
|22|     1.041|          |          |          |
|23|     1.228|          |          |          |
|24|       972|          |          |          |
|25|       973|          |          |          |

jzbluz

The price on this one NEVER drops. Had my eye on it for a while.

It was on clearance the other day at BB Canada for $20-$25 (maybe even less), and our prices tend to suck, so you might have missed a sale.

The fact that this sold so well and SqEnix is making the "sequel" as a mobile game is proof that no good deed goes unpunished.

Blame Level-5 since it's their game.

It was a solid base but when you got down to it, it was such a grindy game without that much substance. The pretty simple combat and other (non combat) jobs boiling down to essentially two types of minigame really got to me by the endgame.

If they made another fantasy life without serious improvements to make each job unique in gameplay as well as function, I wouldn't be that interested,

finalflame

Gold Member
Blame Level-5 since it's their game.
You're right, and I'm fully aware of that but totally mistyped. I guess my brain finds it hard to divorce "shitty cash-grab mobile games" and "Square Enix", so it just defaulted to them when I was typing.

Shame on Level-5.

It was a solid base but when you got down to it, it was such a grindy game without that much substance. The pretty simple combat and other (non combat) jobs boiling down to essentially two types of minigame really got to me by the endgame.

If they made another fantasy life without serious improvements to make each job unique in gameplay as well as function, I wouldn't be that interested,

It was grindy but ultimately funny and charming.

finalflame

Gold Member
It was grindy but ultimately funny and charming.

I think the biggest source of charm came from the world design and simple mechanics/exploration. I did quite like it, but the writing/story made me cringe pretty hard and sometimes it felt like the story sections of the game dragged on forever, certainly well past their welcome.

Overall though, the charm really came through. I do wish for some more complexity and maybe more "Life" based aspects like farming in a potential true sequel (not the mobile port).

redcrayon

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Fantasy Life. It was genuinely charming and really refreshing as an rpg to play something that doesn't tie the main quest to combat proficiency, instead leaving that for the combat job 'lives'. Some of the post game combat missions were quite tough.

I enjoyed my time with it, so congrats to Level-5. I can't help but feel let down that they're taking it mobile. Was hoping to see a real successor. Oh well!

I would have played it a lot more if it weren't for all the talking and tutorials. Just way too much text in the early game (and by early I mean 10 or so hours). Also didn't help that the main quest was a snooze fest, but I loved leveling up all the skills. Reminded me of playing Runescape in a way.

Kouriozan

Yeah, Fantasy Life "2", it looks like the first game slightly modified for F2P mechanics.
Hope the final release will be much better than the first showing.

Damn, why does the sequel have to be on mobile? I wasn't aware of that. It's a great game on 3DS and I was hoping for a sequel on NX.

I guess not all hope is lost, but it'll be a port at best now. Maybe 3 will return to its roots.

This is an excellent game. I hit Legendary rank on my main combat and all of the gathering and crafting roles. I have not purchased the DLC, but I still got more than my money's worth out of the game.

Level 5 has been amazing on 3DS.

Narras

One of my favorite games. Super chill, very casual and relaxing. It's a pretty simple game, but I loved it. Not sure about this mobile game, but I'll definitely give it a try. Hope, they make a proper sequel, though.

Ventara

One of my favourite games for the 3DS, if not THE favourite. The casual and charming gamestyle totally hooked me in. It was extremely fun exploring and leveling up all the jobs and skills. It's a shame it's going mobile. Really would have preferred a an improved and bigger sequel.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see it sold so well. I really enjoyed my time with the game, though I started to feel burned out towards the end due to how repetitive the game got. New Leaf is the only 3DS game that I've put more time into.

Top Bottom