• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life (3DS) ships 1 million worlwide; Fantasy Life 2 (Mobile) delayed to 2016

Celine

Level-5 published million selling games worldwide (include units distributed by other publisher outside Japan like Nintendo and Namco Bandai):

0GXDqNu.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's really cool to hear. One of my favorite 3DS games for sure, so happy to see it had a reasonable amount of success. Still not pleased about the "sequel," but what can you do?

Like others, I hope this means good news for the future of this series. The mobile semi-sequel seems interesting, but I'd be so up for a totally new game as well, maybe even one that doesn't take place on Reveria...

Sequel/Prequel wishes/speculation:
I thought the multiple world portals in the Starlight Garden on Lunares was a hint that there are many other worlds in the Fantasy Life universe. It would be awesome to see a sequel of Noelia/Yuelia's descendants in another world. If they want to do a prequel, it would be great to follow the story of Gladstone (Laura's grandpa), because we got a TON of hints about his youth in Fantasy Life, including the fact he has a house on Levitania.

I put so many enjoyable hours into this game, so I'll be happy to play anything else in the same vein. Then again, Level-5 games rarely disappoint.

Congratulations on the 1 million seller, for sure! Such good news.

Celine

I think that includes the DS game. It's very vaguely worded but the sentences only mentions the Ninokuni universe. It doesn't specify the PS3 game.
Yeah, the previous total given out by Namco Bandai (1.7M) included DS Ninokuni shipment too (which shipped 600K only in Japan).

redcrayon

Fantasy Life deserves more than an FTP reworked port on mobile, there's easily enough potential for a proper sequel to round out some of it's weaker parts. It was one of my favourite games last year, an absolute joy to play, really heartwarming.

Perhaps the game will turn out a huge success, but at this point one might wonder whether a traditional 3DS sequel released in 2014 wouldn't have been a better strategy, along a mobile spin-off focused on some aspect (e.g. building a town).

Top Bottom